do i just lie...

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Selam everyone,

I have an appointment on Saturday  to take the driving test in order to get my drivers license, but only one problem in order to get it you have to have drove 50 hours, (40 daytime n 10 night)!

I only drive in the day time and can only remember like 2-3 times where i have drove at night.

People are telling in me to just lie and write on the driving log that i have done all my hours but i don't want to do that.

My mom doesn't want me to waste her gas either.

Help please!!!!

May the prayers of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III be with us all
May God bless us all, amen

Comments

• [quote author=Thanks be to God Always link=topic=13093.msg153817#msg153817 date=1332904979]
    Selam everyone,

I have an appointment on Saturday  to take the driving test in order to get my drivers license, but only one problem in order to get it you have to have drove 50 hours, (40 daytime n 10 night)!

I only drive in the day time and can only remember like 2-3 times where i have drove at night.

People are telling in me to just lie and write on the driving log that i have done all my hours but i don't want to do that.

My mom doesn't want me to waste her gas either.

Help please!!!!

May the prayers of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III be with us all
    May God bless us all, amen

Do you have to sign that your driving log is accurate? If so, I would find it very difficult morally to lie.  If only your mom has to sign it, that's her problem.
    Any further issues, talk to your FOC.  No one here is going to give you permission to lie.
  • Can't you pay your mother for the fuel and get the night hours done before Saturday?
  • I don't have a job, i can try to
    I might just cancel my appointment and until i get more hours done then.

I'm pretty sure i have to sign it to, thanks evryone
  • Driving is only fun before you get your license, then it becomes a chore. Waiting is good :)
  • Either get the hours, or wait.

Pope Shenouda by being exiled was not present at the dais stand when Sadat was shot and would have met the fate of those on the stand that date.

The delay may be a gift. 

I find that when I am delayed for a matter, it winds up being for the much much better.  This is not to say one should procrastinate, but it means to do things in proper order and time then to deal with a bigger problem going forward.
  • I thought Sadat was shot BECAUSE Baba Shenouda was in exile lol. God's way of getting rid of the nasty people in this world. I know that's not the reason why they shot him, but it worked out anyway :D
  • To give your conscience a rest, I am a new driver. Trust me, you need all the practice you need!

Though I don't understand the system where you live. Why are you using a parent's car? did you not have a driving instructor?

I hope you pass your test, but whether you get that licence or not, drive carefully
  • Yeah, I made the mistake of making up hours on that record just to get my drivers license and I would not recommend it. I found that when I went to drive on my own I was totally unprepared and not ready for it. And I am still not fully comfortable with driving on my own. Those hours are there for a reason - to help prepare you to drive. When I made them up, I was the only one who ended up suffering,