IS EGYPT AN ISLAMIC STATE?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Salaam all,

From my understanding most copts view and judge egypt as a state that represents islam. This understanding is incorrect as Egypt is far from an islamic state like every other state that is labelled an islamic state from Saudi to Pakistan or Iran.

Currently there is a crusade taking place against Islam in the west with regards to integrating muslims into their societies, to the cruel and inhumane war that is taking place across the muslim lands from Palestine to Iraq and from Chechneya to Kashmir.

I think it is important to understand this crusade within a context which is that muslims have an alternative value system and method of running their societies which is deemed to be a threat to the west and their values of freedom and democracy.

Because of this alternative system that Islam posses the west has set out to counter this threat by taking their values of freedom and democracy into the "Greater Middle East".

With regards to Egypt it as a important role to play. As we have witnessed from history Egypt was one of the first countries to accept Israel as a legitimate state which contradicts Islam as this land belongs to the Muslims of Palestine and those that reside there before the Israeli's with the political backing of the British invaded.

Point being that Egypt alongside other muslim countries is working alongside the west to ensure that Islam and muslims don't represent a politcal force as this would be a threat to western interests in the Middle East. Because if there were to be a truely Islamic country in the Middle East and the world the interests of the western nations would be in jeopardy.

So the actions of Egypt with it be internally or externally are not Islamic in any form. The Prophet Mohammed (saw) said that those that hurt a non muslim under an Islamic state or damage their places of worship hurts me and the one that hurts me hurts allah.

Comments

• All that you’ve written is a consignment of feces and you very well know that. Egypt IS a country driven and dominated by Islam. Anybody with a fraction of a brain cell can differentiate between a country which is clearly malicious towards a sect of people and one that is only trying to defend itself as you so stated.

Countless stories have been able to leak through of the evident persecution of Copts. And those are only the ones that Muslims weren’t able to cover up. The most recent is of a priest’s wife who was kidnapped. She is one of the scores of girls who have been kidnapped, raped, beaten, and had their lives; and the lives of their family members threatened if they didn’t convert. Who is responsible for this? Oh noooo, not Muslims of course. Incase you are too dense to realize, that was sarcasm.

YOU claim that the actions of these Muslims are to defend themselves against the ideals of freedom and democracy of the west. Of course you feel threatened. If the west was able to instill is humane beliefs upon Egypt, Muslims would no longer be able to persecute Coptics the same way they do now. The only reason that the west is getting involved is because of these wicked acts. Even IF it was true that Muslims were only defending themselves. What are they harassing Coptics for? The only thing we did was accept you into our country when it was under the influence of Europe. And as soon as you took control, you began to impose taxes and cut off the tongues of anybody who spoke Coptic. Who were you defending yourselves from then?

Egypt accepting Israel as a state, huh? You make me laugh. Perhaps they only did that because had they attempted to fight them they would have gotten trampled, the same way Palestine is getting trampled on now. Egypt may not be a fair country, but at least it is a smart one. Have you forgotten of the sudden assassination of Sadat when he made peace with Israel? Perhaps HE was trying to be the muslim that you depicted in your post. But the Islamic government wasn’t about to let that happen. If any muslim from Egypt had half a chance they would demolish Israel.

Your post is noting more than compiled horse manure. As have been the posts of any other muslim who came on this website and tried to rile things up. Any Muslim, who has come on this site, comes with the intentions of writing irksome messages which wind up being weak and without essence. You haven’t changed that generalization. If you are here to learn, by all means, stay and learn. But don’t post anymore of this filthy Islam driven incoherent rubbish. You’re just making yourself and all Muslims look pretty darn bad.

• All that you’ve written is a consignment of feces and you very well know that.

And I thought my replies were alittle harsh...lol...just kidding. I agree with you 100%.You were right on in your analysis of the situation.Great post and very eloquent.
  • Egypt is an islamic state. 75% of its inhabitants are muslim, period. Is that a good thing? No. On the contrary its the worst thing possible. Cruel and inhumane. Oh yeah getting them on their way to liberty and democracy. Thats so cruel. And rape rooms and torture chambers are just soooo humane and dandy. Incase you didn't get that, i was being sarcastic. Its not a crusade AT ALL. Bush, poor sweet naive Bush, isn't sending missionaries over there to convert the muslims. All hes doing is securing their lives and the lives of people everywhere. "methods of running societies"? its a pretty crappy method once thousands of innocent people die for NO GOOD CAUSE. So if that was hurting God, howcome you were rejoicing? Palestine was offered TIME AND TIME again to be established as a state, they keep refusing, starting wars, and losing them! Arafat makes me sick. He had BILLIONS and his people have NOTHING. What kind of leader is that? What happened to all the decency in the world....
  • I think you have missed the point completely. Egypt is a country where the majority of it's inhabitants are muslim 75% someone stated. But this does not actually make it an Islamic state.

I myself reside in Britian and there are many muslims that live here. In India a huge amount of the population is muslim and also there are many more muslims that reside in other parts of the world.

A christian that fornicates is someone that has committed sin. It would be incorrect to say all christians are fornicators this would be a cruel generalisation that would not be depicting the reality.

So if some muslims that are doing actions that are in direct confrontation to what Islam has revealed it would also be a cruel generalisation of the reality to claim that all muslims and countries that have a population whereby the majority is also muslim are doing such actions due to their faith in Islam.

The point I made in my earlier post was that Islam has a method to implement it's rules in society, so now the real discussion point is, and this will be the way to judge not only Egypt but other countries that people may feel are Islamic countries. Is that does Egypt and other muslim countries rule by Islamic laws and the answer to this is clearly NO.

There were some examples of kidnapping and harassment of people within the coptic community living in Egypt, well maybe to your surprise this is also a routine occurrence for those that oppose the government and wan't to bring back true Islam to the country. Whether you agree with what they call for or not the same sort of harassment is dished out to these people calling for true Islam in what you claim is an Islamic country.

This is a reply to all those that have posted their comments
  • [quote author=zee_akbar link=board=1;threadid=867;start=0#msg15335 date=1102896762]

So if some muslims that are doing actions that are in direct confrontation to what Islam has revealed it would also be a cruel generalisation of the reality to claim that all muslims and countries that have a population whereby the majority is also muslim are doing such actions due to their faith in Islam.

Umm....i dont get that statement...You are saying that we shouldn't justify these muslims actions due to their faith when it has EVERYTHING to do with their faith. How can u say that?!? When in the quran thats what ALL MUSLIMS are directed to do. They are only doing this BECAUSE of their faith and nothing else!! And if all muslims arent so evil and not such killers, well then according to islam....THEY SHOULD BE!

Isnt it the quran that says in Surah 8:65 "O Prophet! Rouse the believers to fight, if there are twenty among you, patient and preserving, they will vanquish two hundred. If a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the UNBELIEVERS for these are people without understanding"

Doesnt that verse include all Copts and ANY Jesus-following-preaching person?! How about this one...

Surah 9: 29 "Fight those who believe NOT in Allah nor the Last day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidded by Allah and his messenger (meaning Mohamed) nor acknowledge the Religion of truth from among the people of the book, UNTIL they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued".

Look my friend, Muslims might have won the minds of many...but let me tell u something, that religion will NEVER win the hearts of ANY!

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT ISLAM DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WITH THE LAW IN EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

men can have four wives....ISLAM
    women cannot marry a man that is not muslim.... ISLAM
    a man can divorce his wife by saying it out loud....ISLAM!!!

its only disguised as a democracy. The religion rules the law in Egypt.

I admit sometimes i get upset that things are little to liberal in the U.S. because i'm so conservative but at least they compromise and they're fair.

Nothing is fair in egypt and there is no compromise.

You say that a country where the quran is read into microphones for every single person to hear is not an islamic country? This isn't rational thinking.
  • Magnoona you shouldn’t expect to read anything intelligible. Our friend is nothing more than a confused brainwashed person. Nothing credible would be uttered from his lips.

Zee, you aren’t the first to try to invade our website with your impeded thinking levels. If your sole purpose is to instill these ideas upon us and not learn; take them and go somewhere else.

How does it feel to get pointful responses? YOU insipid lipid dim-wit. Don't exacerbate the situation by exasperating us with these potently pathetic posts. Islam is wack like smokin smack on the rack and that's a Cadillac Mac. You make even good muslims look bad. You're no Muslim, I’ve seen muslims and when i saw you i said ‘that ain’t a Muslim’. I hate your attitude, yours and that of your sycophant “brothers”. Take care of yourself you malodorous miscreant.
  • AND YOU CALL THIS CHRISTIAN BEHAVIOR???

Did Christ say that to any of the sinners, didn’t the apostles go teach the gentiles, and the Jews.... if the apostles had this attitude then there would be no Christianity now.... that was too harsh, and I as a Christian did not like that very much. This is unacceptable. Zee, sorry, but let us all listen to one another, and try to gain something.
  • um bishoy, don't u get it.... That post was a JOKE!!!. I think it was quite funny (great rhyming). Look at his other posts and you'll see that he's joking around and this is not his style of wirting. He's always so serious and now he's lightned up, and this is what happens? well what can i say...LOL
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=867;start=0#msg15340 date=1102909006]
    Zee, sorry, but let us all listen to one another, and try to gain something.

what exactly are you trying to gain from Islam? What can it possibly teach us? People invade these forums in hope to change our beliefs and try to justify these terrorizing actions, now i don't know about you, but the copts in egypt are tired of listening, they've listend their way the bottom of the food-chain. Yes we're supposed 2 be persecuted in Christ's name but he said nothing about it being a sin to defend ourselves.

We thought that by ignoring them and allowing them to freely speak would bring forth peace and they'd leave us alone...guess what, it didn't work and as long as they keep stepping on the Lords name, then we'll fight back, but not by the sword but by prayer and fasting and giving them more and more proof everyday that our God is alive and awesome in his judgement and that our faith will not be moved. There is a difference between christian behavior and behaving like a christian. Chritian behavior is ur relationship with God and how u should be to be his disciple.....behaving like a christian is how u r with others and standing up for Christ and not denying him whether it be in front of a screen or not.

I have said nothing more than what I have been told by my father of confession and nothing less than what I have learned from experience.....God gives and God takes. May he give us deliverance and take away all hate!

• what exactly are you trying to gain from Islam? What can it possibly teach us?

A lot... or at least I did, for me discussing with Muslims, and reading the quran, made me KNOW the true faith, which is CHRISTIANITY.... no one is gonna know how much Christianity is great, except when he/she compare it with another religion... and Islam is one of the greatest religions to be compared to Christianity, because then you will know for sure how great Christianity is... I hope no one goes out and buys a quran, like I did, because you will suffer, and I did suffer much, especially because I was alone. But I think it is okay to talk about it on a Christian website, thus we will not be alone, but we will be Christianity together in unity, learning in unity... that is what I meant by gain.

Forgive me, but it was stated that he was brainwashed... well of course we were born Christians, thus to me and to you Christianity is the way… but to a Muslim person, Islam is the way… so now we need to do, is show our way to them and let them know about it. I am a person that feels bad for all these people who were born out of Christianity, because they don’t feel the joy, I feel when I go to church, they don’t see what I see when they look at an icon, and unless we show them the true way they will never know…

I also agree with many of you, we should have a limit… if they start talking, and convincing our youngsters, than we got a problem… because the devil will always fight the positive, and this site is very positive, because many youth participate in the unity of Christ, through it. Thus we should converse about other religions, but we shouldn’t meditate upon it, because when a person meditates upon the negative, then the negative will prevail.

Forgive that is only my opinion, but you guys have been here for much longer than I have, so I am sure you know more than me, in handling these kinds of things.
  • bishoy, i support what you're saying completely.

there is alot to learn from other religions, and as bishoy said, the main thing to learn is how wonderful and great Christianity is.
    if we dont know other religions, how will we know that ours is the only one that has our Lord God Himself, come down to our lowly estate from the glories of Heaven, endure countless accounts of Shame and Suffering because of His ample love towards us? if we dont know other religions, how will we know that ours is the only one that states 'God is Love'?, (Islam has 99 names for Allah [Almighty, Judging, etc], not ONE of those 99 is Love. tells us somthing about Christ, doesnt it?) if we dont know other religions, how do we know that ours is the only one that offers forgiveness and a new life to those who repent?

as Christians, we are supposed to represent everything about it, in a nutshell, we are to reperesent Christ. by showing hate towards others, hiding from somthing, by not sharing His love with others... we are not following His commandments... i'm sure we are all guilty (of course including myself) of not repeseting Christ and Christianity to it's fullest, and perhaps it is because of us and our weaknesses that many who 'know of' Christianty dont turn to it...

as for the saints persecuted in Egypt, we can only pray for them and pray that God is Glorified in His works...

fellow Christians....[and those interested in reading]

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. " - Matthew 5:10

"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for GREAT is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." - Matthew 5:11-12

Let's Not forget

"This is My commandment, that you LOVE one another as I have loved you" - John 15:12

"We are therefore Christ's Ambassadors..." - 2Corinthians 5:20

"Let no one despise your youth, but BE AN EXAMPLE to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." - 1Timothy 4:12

And Finally...

"In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

that was my 0.5 cents....

God Bless!
  • :D

that was my 0.5 cents....

That was some awesome stuff you wrote! Worth much more than 0.5 cents...lol ;D
  • jfranklin,

you're too kind... ;) ;D

i still have much to learn from your posts and posts of others....

keep the wisdom of God coming through these posts people! we all have room to learn....
  • oh boy another islam discussion LOL ;D
    keep zem coming guys :D
  • Thank you all for all the wonderful posts you have posted thus far. Figured I would add ýmy .5 cents my self.ý

Zee, ý
    Egypt is a MUSLIM run country there is no argument about that. It has been for almost ýý1400 years. Let me remind you how Islam came into EGYPT: BY FORCE. BY WAR ýý(more of a mockery of war since they really didn't have that much fighting involved) BY ýdeception. ý

Latest Egyptian Census says there is about 73 Million people in Egypt which include ýabout 7 Million Christians. We all know that there is no less than 15 million Copts, ýChristians in Egypt. See if you can answer these questions for me.ý

ý1) what chance does a Christian have in becoming President?ý
    ý2) How many Government Officials that are Christians (out of total number of Officials)ý
    ý3) Are the numbers a true representation of the Christian Population?ý
    ý4) How many Ranking military officers that are Christians?ý
    ý5) Why does the Egyptian Identification Card specify religion (For those of you who ýdon't know, it does and even the Egyptian equivalent of the Social Security Number here ýin the US has different number for Christians Vs Muslims; Christians start with 2 while ýMuslims start with 1)ý
    ý6) How easy it is to renovate a church vs. Building a Mosque?ý

I can go on and on about examples of Christian rights being violated on a daily basis. ýThese are the norm that has been taking place for the longest time. However, attacks on ýChristian property, Killing of Christians (El kosheh incident) Kidnapping young men and ýwomen, forcing them to convert by different methods of Inhuman treatment. Violating ýChristians simplest of all rights sense of security in their own homes, churches, jobs, ýetc… is outrageous. ý

Now lets talk about how peaceful Islam really is. Magnoona4lyf, thanks for the versus, ýbut I am sure there are many more that support this point. History has proven time and ýagain how Islam spread thru out the world. Whenever a Muslim army felt confident in ýwinning a war, they would attack that region, and give the people there 3 options:ý
    ý1) You can Convert to Islam.ý
    ý2) You can pay outrageous taxes (These were not limited to Money, but for example in ýEgypt, A Christian trade-master would train 10 Muslims a year on his trade; that is why ýMuslim art in Egypt has crosses in it and is Coptic influenced)ý
    ý3) you can choose to die if you can't pay. ý

Those that are fighting in the Muslim army get to win both ways. If they live, they have ýwon a war for god. If they loose, they get to go to "heaven" a place where there are rivers ýover flowing with milk and honey, where each man has 72 maidens or wives. For people ýwhere Fresh water was a rare commodity this sounds like the place to be. ý

In Islam, god, or Allah, is this almighty figure who does not care for humans. They are ýnot worthy to be his servants. He may destroy them as he sees fit. In Christianity, Jesus ýChrist called us His beloved, His Children, His brethren. He even called Himself Son of ýMan out of love to us. ý

Zee, ask yourself this question, why is it, according to your religion, that Mohammad is ýthe greatest prophet yet Jesus (3esa) will the one Judging the world? why is it that it is not ýgod but Jesus? ý

To Sum it all up, zee you were wrong on both counts: ý
    ý1) Egypt is a Muslim run country ý
    ý2) Islam is a peaceful religion

Zee, If you are posting here with an open mind, please, post away and keep that open ýmind, well, open. But if your posting for a different motive all together, then please find ýanther website that deals with these topics and take your discussion there. ý

I hope this helps in Clearing things up a bit
  • As we have witnessed from history Egypt was one of the first countries to accept Israel as a legitimate state which contradicts Islam

lol really? Last time i checked the quran, the land of Israel was given by allah to the Jews. By the way, where is Palestine or the Palestinians mentioned in the quran?
  • Yo Missy Magnoona4Life that was jus wicked how u busted out the quranic quotes...n thats what were about here, zee_akbar ,discussion. What reallly tends to stick out when we talk to our muslim sisters and brothers is their lack of knowledge of the quran. :-\ . Also Bishoy I get what your saying a lot...quran also aided me in coming to the conviction of Christianity as the one True Path. We lucky we on It. zee_akbar dun mind mark, you just picked a HEATED topic ...i understand that Egypt is NOT an islamic state in that it doesnt follow the islamic shari3ah as the ONLY source of law but egyptian law is HIGHLY influenced by it and the actions of muslims are highly influences by 'hate' verses in the quran. Egypt is not an islamic state by definition ...The Pope fought long and hard over the proposal that the islamic shari3a become the ONE source of the law...but it is indeed ONE of a FEW and only an uneducated person would argue that.
    .....p.s. ...brainwashed......think about that word long and hard sir.
  • I think it's imprtant to understand that Islam is not a religion but is in fact an ideology.

An ideology consists of ideas and a method to implement these ideas in society, which makes it different to religion as religion is the relationship between humans and god and does not have a method to implement it's laws within society.

So we find that people that follow religions accept the values of Democracy and Freedom even though sometimes as a result of these freedoms actions that are considered unlawful from their religions occur.

This is the reason why the west views Islam has a threat as Islam is not merely a religion that has some laws that muslims consider divine, but rather it has a complete system which can only be implemented via the method that has been revealed which is the Khilafah Rashidaa.

Egypt is not the Khilafah Rashidaa even though I hope and pray it will be very soon inshallah. With regards to the opression that you claim the copts face this is the responsibilty of the ruler. If the copts are being kidnapped and raped etc then what is Hosni Mubarak doing about this. Because Islam makes it very clear that those that hurt a non muslim under the Islamic state or their places of worship hurt the prophet and whosoever hurts the prophet hurts allah.

Some may argue the ruler does nothing because Egypt is an Islamic state and he must listen to the majority. Well then why is it so that the shiekh of Al Azhar disgustingly says to some sincere shiekhs that they cannot involve themselves with the situation of Iraq. When this a obvious attack on the honour of the muslims and when it is very clear that a muslim is a brother to another muslim.

Al Azhar is a government institution under the direct influence of the American agent Mubarak. He was quick to point out to the shiekh of Al Azhar that he must openly condem the sincere muslims from helping the muslims of Iraq, then why is he not able to take care of the affairs of the copts within egypt. Is this because he has something to gain politically? maybe he is defecting the anger the muslims of Egypt have towards him for allowing the Americans to use bases within Egypt to attack the muslims of Iraq to copts. So that they dont understand the real problem is the ruler himself.

I want to highlight the shallow thinking that is taking place in order to broaden the thinking so that we can have a better understanding, rather then blaming Islam because you heard it on Fox news.
  • Clearly u just went off the topic n now ur just preaching islam for us...listen I think m talking for all of us when i say no one here wants to know anything about islam...In fact the problem with islam is that its only concerned with its "idealogy" and JUST FORGOT THE WHOLE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD BIT ...like Mark said...take YOUR ISLAM and welll...put simply...essalam 3alekom! When u mature a bit n wanna learn the truth..come back..u got the Site...til then SALAAM
  • It's very sweet that you took the time out to read my post co pt4life, but i would like to stress lets keep these discussions intellectual so that we can all learn as someone put it before.
  • Zee,ý

ý

I think it's imprtant to understand that Islam is not a religion but is in fact an ýideology.

ý

ý1) You are right in saying that Islam is not a religion, its an ideology. Religions tie people ýwith God. Islam sometimes fails to do so. (By the way, Christianity is a religion, and in ýpresents methods of dealing between humans and each other.)ý

You talk about Egypt not being "Khilafah Rashidaa". Well Let me ask you this, what sect ýof the Islamic religion do you follow? Egypt follows Sunna, which is a more strict form ýof Islam. I think everyone here is has an open mind, but what you say is a "LITTLE" off. ý

ý

So we find that people that follow religions accept the values of Democracy and ýFreedom even though sometimes as a result of these freedoms actions that are considered ýunlawful from their religions occur.

ý

You speak of Freedom and Democracy like its a BAD thing. I am free to do what I want, ýif I choose to abuse my right and send myself straight to hell, then, guess what, I am free ýto do so. But in Islam, let us PREVENT and make sure that none one goes to HELL. If ýthey don't convert, lets kill them. Just out of curiosity, if I was Muslim, and I committed a ýsin, do I ever go to HELL? (Interesting FACT: Crime rate in Egypt rises during the ýmonth of Ramadan, when Muslims are fasting because anything they due during that ýmonth is forgiven them.)ý

ý

This is the reason why the west views Islam has a threat as Islam is not merely a ýreligion that has some laws that Muslims consider divine, but rather it has a complete ýsystem which can only be implemented via the method that has been revealed which is ýthe Khilafah Rashidaa.

ý

NO, that is NOT the reason why the west views Islam as a Threat. When you have people ýthat believe that killing anybody who is NOT Muslim is an act of God. In Christianity, ýcommitting suicide is the GREATEST sin anyone can fall into because you can't repent. ýIn Islam, if it is Justified, then there is no problem. ý

Now that I brought that up, Bet you didn't know about the whole concept of 'justification' ýý(Takeia). This is fun to talk about. Its a concept in the Islamic religion saying that if ýkilling someone is in MY (not my religions) best interest, then it allowed (Halal). If ýdenying my faith is in my best interest, then it is allowed. List goes on and on. ý

That is why the "west" as you call it thinks Islam is a threat. When everything is allowed, ýwhen human life becomes worthless, when the killing of humans is considered an act of ýGod, that is the real threat my friend. ý

ý2) you mix Politics with religion, sorry Ideology. What the president of Egypt has to say ýor do towards Iraq has nothing to do with religion. In fact, I don't see to many other ýý"Muslim" countries having an issue with the attack on Iraq. ý

I am not here to discuss politics. But when you tell me there is no persecution in Egypt, ýor that it has nothing to do with Islam, it becomes an Issue. ý

Zee, you seem like a reasonable person. Read up a little about your own religion. Try to ýunderstand it Try to ask questions to some of the Muslim leaders in your area. Try to ýquestion these things, things like:ý
    ý1) why was Mohammad married to a 9 yr old?ý
    ý2) Why did he say in one Surah (Chapter) you can't find anybody closer to you than the ýChristians, then later says those who say that God is Trinity are your worst enemies?ý
    ý3) Why is it that Jesus, the prophet of Christians, will be judging people at the end of the ýworld.ý
    ý4) Why is it wrong to ask too many questions about Islam?ý
    ý5) Why is it that it has to be read in Arabic? (god doesn't understand any other language? ýis it the language spoken in heaven?)ý

The list can go on and on. Ask yourself these questions. Pick up a bible, and read it, but ýkeep in mind that it was written 500+ years before the quran. Ask questions about ýChristianity. Or even, better yet. Ask God, whoever he is, to show you the right path, ýwhether it is Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, or whatever have you. Try to open ýyour mind and ask the REAL GOD to guide you
  • Those that understand what an ideology means, I'am sorry for having to keep on repeating myself.

An ideology provides a system which takes care of the affairs of of the people in every aspect. This includes Social, Economical, ýforeign policy etc.

With regards to religions they are classified as fanciful philosophy as they provide no practical solutions. I hear chrisitianty talks about turning your cheek, that is very useful for someone who has just been raped and why not add in that he's going to hell well am sure that would be very comforting too.

An ideology provides solutions to human problems so if we look to Islam as an example the quran states that you should cut the hands of the thief male or female I think that should be enough to put someone off, furthermore Islam provides an economic system that is based upon distribution of wealth which will ensure that people that reside under the state have their basic needs provided.

With regards to fighting and war, a ideology by defination must protect and defend itself and this is what the champions of capitalism America and Britian are doing in Iraq protecting themselves against a threat to their ideology.

I think most thinking people have realised there was no justification for war on Iraq. And for those of us that are politically aware we would know that sept 11th was a reason for the allies to go into Afganistan to catch public enemy no.1 sheikh osama bin ladin who I might add was working towards "liberating" the Afghanis from soviet rule something that benefited the US interests at the time.

But if the Americans and the British defend their ideology they are labelled to be liberators but if the muslims are to defend their ideology were called terrorists and barbaric.

Those ayats that were mentioned are linked to war and before a land becomes apart of the state. Once under an Islamic state it is forbidden for muslims to hurt or hurt places of worship of non-muslims according to the haadith.
  • :)

i still have much to learn from your posts and posts of others....

As I have learned much from yours...there are so many people on this forum who walk in and display the wisdom of God that it's quite amazing...your just another one of these blessed people.

"He leads the humble in what is right.and teaches the humble His way",Psalm25:9.
  • [quote author=Copt4Life link=board=1;threadid=867;start=15#msg15363 date=1102962840]
    Yo Missy Magnoona4Life that was jus wicked how u busted out the quranic quotes...

1)There was nothing wicked about it, I didnt come up with them
    2) I'm not here to offend or look down upon anyone, sorry that you misunderstood me
    3) There have been so many people that don't come on this site to learn but to destroy and joke around like that
    4) sorry if I came too harsh or w/e, but i see nothing wrong with what I said...it depends on how you took it. I said nothing out of the ordinary or make oceans out of rain drops, so sorry again and smile! ;)

• lol, Magnoona4lyf, I think copt4life meant Wicked as a compliment (as in the ghetto word 'sick' or 'phat') don't be overly sensitive. I certainly enjoyed your post, just like the rest of your posts.

Zee,
    Just a quick comment. If Islam is an ideology, the same as the Nazi, communism , fascism , etc... Ideologies that were not biblically based and are straight up EVIL by human standards. IF (and the KEY WORD here is IF) the god of is Islam is the only god, I DO NOT WANT TO believe in him. In a god who has double standards, who changes his book based on current events. Who goes back to change his own words that are supposed to be divine and holy. Thank GOD I am Christian.
  • I think that we all by now know that Islam teaches you one thing and Christians teach you other things. (Peple on this website know so much) but Zee I dont understand why muslims have to kill rape etc. etc. Christian Egyptians. We have done nothing to Muslims and we deserve the same from them. Egypt was ours long before Muslims forcefully took it over with very little struggle from the peaceful Christians. And since there are very little of us now we should be able to continue living without fear of predjudice or pain. People should not be judged by their religeon but by their character.

God Bless Us All.
  • Yes i know my last statement was corny but thats how i feel. please critisize on my statement because I still have A LOT to learn from people about our religeon. ok thanks in advance.
    p.s. dont be too harsh with crtisizing me :'(
  • The reality is that as humans we live on this earth and our actions, on this earth will either give us heaven or hell.

If it were a decision left upon humans to decided what is right or wrong, due to the limitation of the human mind this would lead to the worship of non other then God. Humans have free will like someone mentioned before but if it were up to humans to decide what is right or wrong then this would lead to chaos within society.

Within Europe after the "Dark Ages" a time when the Church was the head of state, once secularism was born government was established where humans decided what was right and wrong. This is called Democracy and being free where humans not God decides on how humans should live their lifes.

If we look at western society as an example we see a rise in sexual diseases. This is because humans are the one's that are making decisions and deciding what is acceptable. So the basis of the Western doctrine is secularism which states that God and the running of the people's day to day lives is separate because humans are free to do what they please.

I think we would all agree that what God has decided to be right or wrong can not be argued with. As he is our creator and he knows us better then we do ourselves, so as he knows us better then we do oursleves he must provide us with rules for us to live by in all aspects of our lives because if it is left upon humans to deicide in some aspects of our lives then this would lead into the worshipping of non other then God. As an example the western economic system is based upon interest this is a form of cheating as you are taking more money then what was taken from you.

This is an example of worshipping non other then God because you are worshipping your whims and desires, you are worshipping greed. So as we live on earth we must have laws that are practical for our lives on earth. It is irrational for us to say that we are working towards the standard of God. This is because if God has created us and the reality is that we are on this earth then God must give us practical solutions in all aspects in our lifes be it economical, social etc for our lives on earth.

The quran is the final book for humans after the torah and the bible, as the quran is not limited by its solutions for a certain time period like the bible and the tohrah are. If we look at the current reality the church has no standing in society it's just viewed as a place you go to sing and dance on a Sunday. Am aware no dancing takes place within the coptic church but it does take place within the black churches. In fact the westeren thinkers and polticians state that since we left the church in the dark ages from then on we have revived and become what we are now the so called beacons of light for the world. If you mention the word God within western society people percieve you to be backward and not open minded. In Britian more and moe churches are being closed down and turned into mosques as the church attendence is falling sunday by sunday and there is no financial support from local christians.

Christianty needs a facelift say many thinkers and there is been a call for reform from within the christian church after the sex charges of catholic priests. Am also aware that something similar occured within Egypt involving a Monk and some sex films, also the annoncement of gay Bishops within churches. The church has moved with society even though many aspects of society contradict the christan faith. But because christianty does not provide solutions for all human problems it like other religions nowadays just goes with the wind.

The church is highly influenced by society so the issue of free mixing between the opposite sex is not even a issue thought about between christians within the west. But for christians that live in the muslim countries mixing between the opposite sex is not culturally accepted due to the islamic teachings and the christians in the muslim world have been affected by this. This is as a result of not having rules to live by in all aspects in your life so there is a vaccum open and this is influenced by society.

With regards to muslims killing copts in Egypt, like I have mentioned before these actions such as rape or killing are not condoned, If Egypt were an Islamic state the state would take an immediate step towards preventing these attacks you claim, as it is in violation to Islam. but the current reality is that Egypt is not an Islamic state and so the responsibilty is with the president as he is in control of the country. If he can prevent muslims from helping the muslims of Iraq then he should be able to prevent attacks against the copts.

• Copticboy thanx 4 clearing that up for me with Magnoona4lyf...Iqbal...keep posting, m learning...same with everyone else including zee