Pope Shenouda III's REPOSE

edited March 2012 in Hymns Discussion
Peace and comfort to all,

We are all grieved at the repose of H.H. Pope Shenouda III, but we rejoice also knowing that now he is in heaven among all of the saints.
A question I have now is how will all the hymns be now in the time of the vacant papal seat, as it is now?
God bless you all, and repose the soul of our honored father Pope Shenouda III!

In Christ,
+ David Arida +

Comments

• Pope Shenouda is not dead.  He has gone to the repose in the Bosom of the Patriarchs and to the Love of the Master.

Please do not say that he is dead.  Please change your banner. 
  • "For there is no death for your servants but a departure"
  • I am very sorry for writing that. I did not realize that I had used poor word choice. Does anyone still know the answer to the original question, though?
  • Some hymns i put together to be said during this period:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/cat/309
  • Thank you so much Mina!! And do we say the Hitenyat before or after the one for the "Saint of the Day"? And if it is before, do we not say anything after the "Saint of the Day"? Thanks in advance...
  • Thank you for compiling these.  I was wondering if you could provide a reference?

[quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13041.msg153216#msg153216 date=1332023374]
    Some hymns i put together to be said during this period:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/cat/309
  • [quote author=minazaki link=topic=13041.msg153221#msg153221 date=1332033823]
    Thank you for compiling these.  I was wondering if you could provide a reference?

mainly from a document compiled today from the baramous monastery. I translated the English. The litainies are found in the 2nd ed of tr southern liturgy book which I also reviewed with the old muharraq monastery book. There is another doxology and hymn that I will add later.
  • thanks a lot for these, mina.
  • Dear Davidarida,
    No.. the "hedan" of the pope isn't said anymore. There's no point in saying "keep his life". The only fitting hymn is "awshas"
    Oujai
  • we said different ones in church today.
    but it was useful to have these ones to get the general idea
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13041.msg153236#msg153236 date=1332057069]
    Dear Davidarida,
    No.. the "hedan" of the pope isn't said anymore. There's no point in saying "keep his life". The only fitting hymn is "awshas"
    Oujai

Yeah, I kind of noticed that. Today in church, we said "repose the soul" instead of "keep the life".
  • Mina,

Can you please cite the source for the first doxology that is posted there (not Shenooti Pima Shomt) along with the second Praxis response? Be specific please.

Thanks
  • The deacon response should also include "and grant that He may appoint for us a good shepherd" in the Litany response. That is what they say in the cathedral currently and it is also what was chanted in the 1971 Liturgy for the 40th day commemeration of the departure of Pope Kyrillos VI.
  • DEAr SWMSANMG,
    It's "bemah shomt" rather than "bema shomt"..
    Oujai
  • [quote author=SWMSANMG link=topic=13041.msg153606#msg153606 date=1332650945]
    Mina,

Can you please cite the source for the first doxology that is posted there (not Shenooti Pima Shomt) along with the second Praxis response? Be specific please.

Thanks

http://www.slideshare.net/sawwaf/pope-shenouda-hymns-athanasiusdeacons

• Mina, thanks you for posting the source and thanks for staying on top of this and posting the material for everyone.
  • I might be getting the funeral books they used this week. I'll see what else in there I can add.