Hazzat Papers

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Are the 'Hazzat' papers an effective way to learn hymns, or are there other methods that deacons use to make hymn-learning easier?

Comments

• Hymns maps (the papers with hazzat) will only help you if you actually know them hymn! it is impossible to learn a hymn by just looking at the hazzat. the goal of the hazzat is for those who already know the hymn to help them not mess up.
  • [quote author=caji link=topic=13019.msg152996#msg152996 date=1331664857]
    Hymns maps (the papers with hazzat) will only help you if you actually know them hymn! it is impossible to learn a hymn by just looking at the hazzat. the goal of the hazzat is for those who already know the hymn to help them not mess up.

What if you're listening to a recording to learn a certain hymn, and you're using the 'Hazzat' papers as an aid? Does that help?
  • it might help some people, but the best way ive learned is to just listen tot he recording over and over and over until you can sing along with the whole hymn. the rest test whether you know the hymn or not is wether you can say it by yourself without the recording. This is where the hazzat come in handy because it will help keep you on track.

Please pray for me
  • [quote author=caji link=topic=13019.msg153013#msg153013 date=1331679750]
    it might help some people, but the best way ive learned is to just listen tot he recording over and over and over until you can sing along with the whole hymn. the rest test whether you know the hymn or not is wether you can say it by yourself without the recording. This is where the hazzat come in handy because it will help keep you on track.

Please pray for me

The best way for most people to learn hymns isn't to just listen to it over and over again. Maybe it works for you but i am talking about the rest of the 90% of us, lol. The hazzat paper is a very good aid when learning hymns, but having ones off the internet aren't always that great as you don't know why a certain hazza is there, so unless you have the person who made the hazzat paper telling you where to follow for each hazza it will be kind of annoying to do yourself.

What i did on many long hymns, is i just took the hymn 5 seconds at a time and i would make my own paper where i would draw the hazza the way i visualized it and it helped a lot.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=13019.msg153015#msg153015 date=1331680433]
    What i did on many long hymns, is i just took the hymn 5 seconds at a time and i would make my own paper where i would draw the hazza the way i visualized it and it helped a lot.

WOW you must have a lot of patience my friend lol. Personally its much easier for me to accommodate an already used hymns map, but that's just my own opinion. I have also heard from many others who learn hymns by listening to them over and over until they memorize them. I just play the hymn in my car on my way to anywhere and it helps. I learned Omonogenis, Taishori, Tiepistoly, and Fai etafenf during last Great Lent, although I had already learned most of Tiepistoly and some of Fai etafenf prior, but you get my point.
  • [quote author=caji link=topic=13019.msg153016#msg153016 date=1331682223]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=13019.msg153015#msg153015 date=1331680433]

WOW you must have a lot of patience my friend lol. Personally its much easier for me to accommodate an already used hymns map, but that's just my own opinion. I have also heard from many others who learn hymns by listening to them over and over until they memorize them. I just play the hymn in my car on my way to anywhere and it helps. I learned Omonogenis, Taishori, Tiepistoly, and Fai etafenf during last Great Lent, although I had already learned most of Tiepistoly and some of Fai etafenf prior, but you get my point.

Wow, if you can memorize them by listening to them a lot you are a very sharp and intelligent person, lol. At least more than me. I can't do that, i must write down the hazzats.
  • Our moalim teaches us using "Hazzat papers," that he made, all the time. It is, in deed and in essence, a very effective method. Don't deny it and deny those who deny it.
  • I have an idea but I'm not sure if it will work. When u have the Hazzat maps listen and follow or if ur writing the Hazzat maps write it down then go over the hymn while reading the Hazzat maps
    Hope this helps
    God bless
    ++++
  • Personally, if I need to learn a ton of hymns in a very short period of time, hazaat are the way to go. My mind automatically associates the hazaat with the recording I am listening to, so after two or three times of listening to it, I can say it perfectly. If I don't have hazaat available, I make my own, which is more beneficial.