What happened after the Fall of Adam

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I know that human nature is corruptible not corrupt both before and after the Fall.
So what changed then?

Comments

• After the fall man lost the grace of being with God and was condemned to eternal death. That is why God became man to restore him back to eternal life.
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13028.msg153039#msg153039 date=1331708754]
    I know that human nature is corruptible not corrupt both before and after the Fall.
    So what changed then?

Corruption set into human nature and changed it from something good into something bad.
  • [quote author=LookingInDesire link=topic=13028.msg153047#msg153047 date=1331725010]
    [quote author=qawe link=topic=13028.msg153039#msg153039 date=1331708754]
    So what changed then?

Corruption set into human nature and changed it from something good into something bad.

I'm quite sure human nature is still good
  • It depends on what we make the judgement relative to. Theologically speaking, we were no longer capable of being in the likeness of God, and the image of God was tarnished.  We were also no longer fit for purpose as temples of the Holy Spirit, citizens of paradise or heirs of God. 

Our ability to be 'good people' by sanctification and sacramental life, that develop the most important qualities in human nature, are a level of holiness not attainable by our fathers of the old covenant.

That said, the good which God originally instilled in us in the beginning can never be completely erased. There will always be something redeemable about it.