Hope

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What are some ways to make some full of hope again?

Comments

• "through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perserverance; and perserverance, character; and character, hope." (Romans 5:2-4).

• Reading!
    Reading the bible, books on saints, holy books, they all help me. watching spiritual movies on saints, or the passion of christ. being aroung Good company, as in people who are close to God, who we can learn from. surround yourself with Goodness, with the bible, with God.
    talk to God, God is Great, dont just pray, "pray without ceasing" pray from your heart and soul.
    while ur doin all that prayin, shout a word or 2 on me, ur brother in christ, george
  • “In all the paths upon which men journey in this world they will find no peace, until they draw nigh to HOPE in God” · St. Isaac the Syrian ·

" fear thou not ; for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness” Isaiah 41:10

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD.” Jeremiah 17:7

"Be of good courage, For we were saved in this HOPE, but hope that is seen is not HOPE; for why does one still HOPE for what he sees? But if we HOPE for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance” Romans 8:24, 25

“and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that HOPE in the Lord." Psalm 31: 24

"And now, LORD, what wait I for? my HOPE is in Thee." Psalm 39:7

“Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? HOPE in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God” Psalm 43: 5

"That they might set their HOPE in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep His commandments" Psalm 78:7

"My soul fainteth for Thy salvation: but I HOPE in Thy Word." Psalm 119:81

"But I will HOPE continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more." Psalm 71:14

You really cant live without hope, hope in God. Fill your heart with hope and remember His promises, and remember that there is nothing to fear or to be worried about, He is with you, holding you, His hands in yours, and yours in His, He is walking by your side, wherever you will go, and He will never leave you, put all your hope in Him.

A lot of times the devil wants us to lose hope, especially losing hope that God is loving and merciful. Sometimes when we sin, instead of repenting we lose hope and say to ourselves, its too late, God wont forgive us, so might as well just keep on sinning, there is no hope to go to heaven there is no good in me…etc a lot of times many thoughts come to our minds ..and the thoughts keep putting us down so we don’t rise again when we fall. When you feel that the devil keeps telling you there is no hope,…and says don’t confess and repent your sins, tell him “Do not rejoice over me my enemy, WHEN I FALL I WILL ARISE, when I sit in darkness, THE LORD WILL BE A LIGHT TO ME” Micah 7:8. God’s love is abundant, it is love like no other love, He accepts the lost sheep when they come back and return to Him, He will accept you joyfully, as a loving father, so have hope in His unfailing love and His never-ending mercy, always.
  • In the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit ... bear with me guys this could be a loong ride... :-\

If you have lost hope, the lord will fill you with hope: Lamentations 3:18-24
    No matter how bad ur situation is u dont have to be down in the dumps. Y? because Jesus says u can trust him, the comforter. Jesus is the only true comfort u will ever find even in the midst of trouble and discouraging situations. In Psalm 34:18 it says "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit". :D YAY!

Sometimes when we ask God a question we want it right there and then but y do u think God doesnt answer us? I used to think he's just picking on me...umm i'm wrong so dont listen to me, lolx...sometimes the answer to the question we want isnt time for it to be revealed to us. Or maybe God is aking u "do u trust me to answer this". In Lamentations 3:25-27 it says "The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. And it is good for the young to submit to the yoke of his discipline". ;)

And prayer does cut it...he said "Keep on asking and you will be given what u ask for. Keep on looking and you will find. Keep on knocking and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives, everyone who seeks finds and the door is opened to everyone who knocks."(Matthew 7:7-8) So u c, he hears u, he is taking heed to ur cry but the Lord tests the hearts, he wants to c (maybe :-\) whether or not ur patient with him, whether or not u trust him long enough and long for his answer long enough... ??? I THINK I SAID IT RIGHT

Isolating yourself does not help the problem :(: No matter what happens ur not alone :D, even if there is absolutely no one who can relate to u which is RARELY cuz we all lose hope sometimes, Jesus is always by ur side...He said "Do not be afraid for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen u, I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand"(Isaiah 41:10) "The Lord is good when trouble comes, He is a strong refuge and he knows everyone who trusts him"(Nahum 1:7)

I learned from people that it is not the end when we mess up :). In fact it could be the beginning of new life through repentance and renewal. Also, in being part of the body of christ you have a deep bond of fellowship with Christ and other believers therfore, ur never alone!

Our church concludes the prayer of the Fraction during liturgy with the following lituny: "Purify our souls, our bodies, our spirits, our hearts, our eyes, our understanding, our thoughts, and our conscience so that with a pure heart and enlightened soul, an unashamed face, a faith unfeigned, a perfect love and a FIRM HOPE, we may dare with boldness to ask of you..."
    With such firm hope, we approach the throne of grace asking the Lord to help our weaknesses and heal our infirmities through the intercessions of His beloved saints! ~~fruits of hope~~ ;D

I hope this helped sum, if not a little...God be with u and bring u out of ur trials and tribulations... :-\

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*