this christian kid in school ...

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
i have a kid in my school who is christian (dont exactly know what kind) all i do know he is one of those christians who listens to "christian rap" but any ways this kid will talk about jesus christianity and the next second he'll talk about bad stuff and curse. also he really expresses that he hates some kid in school with all seriousness i feel like this kid makes the christian beleive look very dirty in front of people. what should i do to help people know that this kid is just not a good example.?

Comments

• Yes, it is sad. And the worse part is, that most "christians" are like that. You will meet many more. The only thing you can do is let your actions speak louder than your words. Careful with your approach because letting people he isn't really Christian, involves gossiping and backstabbing since you are talking about somebody behind their back. The Christian thing to do is to pull him aside privately and tell him gently and without an attitude that you're better than him, and tell him that when he curses and says bad stuff it makes people look bad at Christians, and he as a Christian should be watchful over his tongue because it said in the Bible that he who can control his tongue can control his entire body.
  • ya george (or mike)......for this to be successful the sms need to go through an official text messaging carrier....otherwise, the receiving carriers begins to block the texts incrementally.
  • ya mina this is the wrong topic.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=12995.msg152767#msg152767 date=1330924434]
    Yes, it is sad. And the worse part is, that most "christians" are like that. You will meet many more. The only thing you can do is let your actions speak louder than your words. Careful with your approach because letting people he isn't really Christian, involves gossiping and backstabbing since you are talking about somebody behind their back. The Christian thing to do is to pull him aside privately and tell him gently and without an attitude that you're better than him, and tell him that when he curses and says bad stuff it makes people look bad at Christians, and he as a Christian should be watchful over his tongue because it said in the Bible that he who can control his tongue can control his entire body.

just to prepare you... you're probably going to get a very strange response.
    You will post it on here and everyone will talk about how bad Protestantism is (not all are like that, but, yes, it's partly true - no arguments please!)!
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=12995.msg152771#msg152771 date=1330949748]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=12995.msg152767#msg152767 date=1330924434]
    Yes, it is sad. And the worse part is, that most "christians" are like that. You will meet many more. The only thing you can do is let your actions speak louder than your words. Careful with your approach because letting people he isn't really Christian, involves gossiping and backstabbing since you are talking about somebody behind their back. The Christian thing to do is to pull him aside privately and tell him gently and without an attitude that you're better than him, and tell him that when he curses and says bad stuff it makes people look bad at Christians, and he as a Christian should be watchful over his tongue because it said in the Bible that he who can control his tongue can control his entire body.

just to prepare you... you're probably going to get a very strange response.
    You will post it on here and everyone will talk about how bad Protestantism is (not all are like that, but, yes, it's partly true - no arguments please!)!

There is nothing to argue about. It says in the Bible to take the person upsetting you privately and have a talk with him. If it doesn't work out, then just ignore him as he won't be any use to you, just a nuisance that will cause you to fall into sin. I have had much experience with these kinds of people.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12995.msg152768#msg152768 date=1330930083]
    ya george (or mike)......for this to be successful the sms need to go through an official text messaging carrier....otherwise, the receiving carriers begins to block the texts incrementally.

What do you mean block? I have been using this method for more than a year and not once did it produce an issue.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=12995.msg152779#msg152779 date=1330964747]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12995.msg152768#msg152768 date=1330930083]
    ya george (or mike)......for this to be successful the sms need to go through an official text messaging carrier....otherwise, the receiving carriers begins to block the texts incrementally.

What do you mean block? I have been using this method for more than a year and not once did it produce an issue.

it may not produce the issue for you for for the receiver. what 'method' are you using?
  • guys, please go back to the other thread to discuss this (text / online messages), you are in the wrong thread!
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=12995.msg152785#msg152785 date=1330976302]
    guys, please go back to the other thread to discuss this (text / online messages), you are in the wrong thread!
    lol yea wrong thread guys lol  ;D
  • If you want people to know that Christianity is not bad, then let your light so shine before them that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=12995.msg152790#msg152790 date=1330986706]
    If you want people to know that Christianity is not bad, then let your light so shine before them that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

yes thats great advice ..anyways i talked to this kid and well he counld not answer because he knew he was wrong.... i guess then he felt guilty for like 5 minutes then still said/ did bad things after that so thiers nothing more to do now i have to show that hes not a good example and that they should base their facts on me more.