The Unrighteous Mammon

edited February 2012 in Faith Issues
Giving money to the poor is good but if you are only providing for their basic needs like Food, Clothing, Shelter you are forcing your beliefs on them, telling them you should be happy with this and not ask for more. You should be content with an amount but if you feel you are being neglected in one area of your life you should try to fix that, like your social life. Perhaps you should ask a rich person if you can borrow his things like a game or what not if they are not using it.
The problem is that very action of asking to borrow some people think it is base and some wicked people use it as a reason to look down on people and consider them worthless

I know it is very important to build your own house first but I think perhaps more needs to be done if you can spare a few dollars. I am not going to force people to give more than they are able, they should not, but if you can help some people be happy and prosperous, helping those in distress it will be a good deed. Especially a child of God, a believer should not be abused and trampled upon because of His kindness
When Jesus said "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you" is it true? can we pursue our own career and God will provide for us, can we give our tithe and God will pour out the windows of heaven?
Can God send His angels into the world to give money to those in need without us.
I for one will not use that as an excuse to not giving money to those in need and those who have a right for the unrighteous mammon. Making friends by unrighteous mammon is God's will and is necessary to enter the kingdom. Besides I don't know if God would send His angels or handiwork into the world.
I am completely against sinners wasting the goods of the poor of God's people and feeling the need to give alot of your money to go to heaven and lack of discretion

But I guess atheists now know their need for God in this world
God out of His goodness has kept you alive but He can take you whenever He wants like the rich fool who stored up his riches and in his barn

I know I have not refined my post and just spoke in a raw way saying whatever comes to my head but this really bothers me

If you know a rich friend who has this worlds goods you should ask him if he is willing to share. Thou shall not trespass on his privacy though unless you have the authority
We need to follow the laws of the land except for when we are in desperate need and it is understandable and deserves pity
Love will cover a multitude of sins and he who has no sin let him throw a stone first
Arise O LORD now is the time to protect Zion

Comments

• I think I am going to dedicate my time to my career first of all and be satisfied with one or two businesses
    I got quite some time remaining on this earth God willing and I hope I gain real world experience
    If I don't spend all my time trying to make money I will have time for other people
    and church
    And I hope God provides for my family if I have one

Making money is not bad but also experience is not bad
    But having a family should not stop me from living in the world and caring about my own success
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12955.msg152502#msg152502 date=1330313305]
    I think I am going to dedicate my time to my career first of all and be satisfied with one or two businesses
    I got quite some time remaining on this earth God willing and I hope I gain real world experience
    If I don't spend all my time trying to make money I will have time for other people
    and church
    And I hope God provides for my family if I have one

I just hope you noticed that you put Work first on the list and Church(God) last. I don't think i need to tell you what the problem is. We told you many time go talk to your FOC because you are having problems that can't be solved on the internet. It needs someone to be there to guide you. Please talk to your FOC, and don't reply back saying "I will talk to him when I have time" or "when i go to church in six months". This is not a joke brother. If you don't take care of yourself soon, then you will be posting about a lot worse things then this.
  • I went to church on Sunday and will be going every week
    You can't just go to church to escape real life
    Fulfill Your God given potential and use your talents for God's glory
    Do I look like I am joking
    Stop making insults to me
    What worse things could I be talking about?

I am the person who used to spend all my time praying and reading the bible
    But many adults used to say you also have to work and gave the story of the monk who said he does not want to work but wants to pray all day like the angels and his superior did not allow him to eat at his cell when he knocked saying it is written whoever does not work can not eat bread

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers

I read the bible just like you commanded me and saw the above verse

God made six days to work and 1 for rest
    Yet we must have some time for God everyday for Jesus commanded us to pray give us this day our daily bread and man does not live by bread alone but by every word of God
    and without Him we can do nothing
    So you are right I must make some time for God everyday and should be first
    but once I start I do not feel like stopping but am intrigued by my prayers
    My dad says to read the bible only for 30 minutes everyday
    and at the end of every day pray for other people and for forgiveness of sins
  • (Please correct me if I am wrong) Hello, brothers! HAPPY LENT :)! User, please don't be offended at what geomike is saying. From what I understood, he wants what's best for you and seeing that you don't take FOC seriously (it's none of my business if you do) and his advice it can be the most dangerous thing out there! Thoughts are the most dangerous thing! You don't know who they come from ( mostly from the devil), that is why God gave us shepherds to lead us! AND BE CAREFUL! I BEG OF YOU!!! TOO MUCH PRAYER AND TOO MUCH READING THE BIBLE AND TRYING TO INTERPRET IT YOUR SELF CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOSE FAITH, SPIRITUAL MOTIVATION, SELF PRIDE AND SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS! That is why it is best for you to go to your FOC he knows how much you should read and he knows how to guide you! In addition it humbles one to go to him and bring out his thoughts and problems to him. God bless my brother please pray for me.
  • It is spiritual pride one priest or monk Said which used in a good way keeps one from sin
    I know I am not righteous for if I was I would not sin he who is born of God does not sin
    My father of confession is never there when I come
    He has too many sick days
    And he doesn't like to see me because I see him too much and what I tell him is beyond what he can handle maybe but I know he is a very wise man and is kind when he actually sees me
    Some things I did not want to confess to him because I thought I would go to hell if I did
    or I thought others would and when I am in that state he avoids me and does not even want to hear my confession even though he does not know what I will say but maybe he senses it
    Though sometimes he stops me from talkin about every minor sin I've done some of his advice is very good and it seems like he has a gift
  • User, if anything i am certainly not insulting you. I agree my words are harsh, but it seems that people have sugar coating words for you for too long.

Stop worrying if you are righteous or not. This is for God to decide. Just do your part and live a godly life. Today's Gospel said, "Seek first the kingdom of God, and all things shall be added unto you.". Therefore, it isn't right when you said that you must first use your talents rather than go to church. Even though using your talents in life isn't a bad thing at all, as a matter of fact it is good especially if it is glorifying your Father who is in Heaven and causing other people to glorify God, but as Proverbs tells us, "There is a time for everything".

My advice to you, is forget your "rank" spiritually. God will decide this, it isn't up to you to decide whether you are righteous or not. We are ALL sinners, but through God's grace we are made worthy of His dwelling inside us. Through His grace we partake of the Holy Communion. Through His grace we are able to do wonders in His name. Through His grace and power we are able to do the impossible by prayer.

So I hope you aren't feeling like I am insulting you. I am the same as you. We are brothers and we are both servants of the Most High God. It is my duty to alert you when something is wrong, and I am doing so. I will continue to pray for you User, and please also pray for yourself and please talk to your FOC. If he isn't available like you say he is then there are many priests in the diocese. Find another one to talk to and if you can't see him because it isn't convenient then they have phone numbers for you to contact them.

God with you User.
  • Thankyou. I will do as you say when I drive I will see my priest or other priests I know
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12955.msg152537#msg152537 date=1330355220]
    Thankyou. I will do as you say when I drive I will see my priest or other priests I know

You say this in EVERY THREAD. Stop putting it off. You have the internet and the diocese has a website. Go to their website and get a priest's number. It takes two minutes. You don't need to wait till Sunday.
  • Well would you prefer to tell your dad you got sacked from a big job which was making 200 k a year over the phone and then never go to him to go into the details face to face
    I guess my situation is different and a phone call may help I will do it to please you and help myself
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12955.msg152563#msg152563 date=1330390604]
    Well would you prefer to tell your dad you got sacked from a big job which was making 200 k a year over the phone and then never go to him to go into the details face to face
    I guess my situation is different and a phone call may help I will do it to please you and help myself

I don't understand why you are always replying to me with a smart alic attitude. Yes, you are above me, but in the end we are all trying to help you. Look, I am not offended because i know your situation is hard, but the reason i am upset is because in every thread your situation is getting worse and you are leaning more and more towards earthly possessions then the permanent spiritual things. In the end, nobody can force you to do anything. You are your own man and in the end you will be judged for your decisions. I am not God so I don't fully understand your heart or your situation, but I strongly advise you to talk to a priest as soon as you can. And most importantly pray that God will ease your stress over your lost job. there are many other jobs in the world, so pray that God will help you find one.
  • Hi
    It was an analogy I don't have any job
    My thoughts are so disturbing i used to think no one should hear them
    I am happy to do what I am convinced I should do
    I should let the Lord lead my ways but take every advice seriously
    You are the one above me you got A's in school I only get average and few times good
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12955.msg152566#msg152566 date=1330395375]
    Hi
    It was an analogy I don't have any job
    My thoughts are so disturbing i used to think no one should hear them
    I am happy to do what I am convinced I should do
    I should let the Lord lead my ways but take every advice seriously
    You are the one above me you got A's in school I only get average and few times good

No i am not above you.

"Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies."

God with you User, I will be praying for you. May God's will be done.