why did Lord Jesus criticize the Pharisees?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i see that it is really good thing to follow what the Bible says. The Bible is perfect so following it exactly leads to perfection so what is  wrong with that, being someone who follows the Bible literally, the New Testament nowadays!

Comments

• I think The Lord explains His reasons pretty thoroughly in Matthew 23.

I believe the one that most sums it up is in verses 25 and 26: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also."

So not only did they  follow the law by letter alone and not the by its spirit, but this implies that they didn't even follow it by the letter. Rather, they were more preoccupied with making themselves appear to be righteous. This was Christ's sticking point in his criticism of the Pharisees.
  • There is a difference in criticizing out of anger and love. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was criticizing out of love in order for them to wake up and notice their faults.
  • The pharisees completely did not follow what the bible says.
    How can taking a widows money ever be right at all