FEAR

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
-"AND THE LORD, HE IT IS THAT DOTH GO BEFORE THEE; HE WILL BE WITH THEE, HE WILL NOT FAIL THEE, NEITHER FORSAKE THEE: FEAR NOT, NEITHER BE DISMAYED." (DEU 31:8)

-“I SOUGHT THE LORD, AND HE HEARD ME, AND DELIVERED ME FROM ALL MY FEARS”. PS 34:4

-"FEAR THOU NOT; FOR I AM WITH THEE: BE NOT DISMAYED; FOR I AM THY GOD: I WILL STRENGTHEN THEE; YEA, I WILL HELP THEE; YEA, I WILL UPHOLD THEE WITH THE RIGHT HAND OF MY RIGHTEOUSNESS."ISAIAH 41:10

jusw wondering what are your thoughts on fear..how can we overcome our fears..our troubles..our worries...

Comments

• I think that when somebody fears a particular thing, they should “face it” and find a way to deal with it or else it will dominate all their thoughts and their entire life. I don’t mean fearing something like a lion or some wild animal. The fear I speak of is something that affects your every day life. If there is something that is keeping you uneasy, and you constantly try to avoid it or see ways around it, that is very cowardly. In all the lines written, it clearly states not to fear a thing, because God will deliver you from it and keep you safe from any harm. Trying to deal with this fear alone of course is a bad idea. When I say “facing” your fear, I don’t mean trying to handle it on your own. Trusting in god, and having faith he will deliver you from all your quandaries is the only way to surely solve them. Attempting to handle a problem by one’s self will leave them perturbed. But when trusting in God, the most powerful and the most immense problem, will seem like nothing.
  • Confront my fears?!?!?!?

:o ARRRRRRGH!
  • "THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND SALVATION;WHOM SHALL I FEAR? THE LORD IS THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE; OF WHOM SHALL I BE AFFRAID?" psalm 27

i feel if we have true faith, and we have God as our light, our salvation, and our strength, fear ceases to exist. Look at the martyrs who did this, they faced horrible sufferings with joy and love...

Jesus himself appeared to st George and comforted him and told him that he will suffer many pains which he would endure for His name. st Geroge had faith and had no fear.

think of the 49 martyrs the elders of sheheet, when they were being slaughtered, one of them feared, and hid behind a chair, until he saw crowns being placed over the others who died, crowns of martrydom, he arose without fear, was conforted, and was killed he received a crown.

daniel and the lions den, st mark with the lions, st demiana and her many tortures, david when he faced Goliath...etc they all had faith, and had No Fear

if we have faith in God he will delivetr us, he cares for us more thatn we know, "even the hairs on your head are numbered" the only thing that causes fear is our disbelief...

God's comfort overcomes all fear...
    Having faith in God, overcomes Fear, Troubles, and Worries

• facing fear, im my case, is not such a bad thing. if u, like me have a fear of heights, look down! it works 4 me! :o but if, for example, ur scared of going 2 hell, u shudnt go 2 it obviousli, but instead do all u can 2 not go there. easily in, not so easily out.
  • Hi everybody,

I would like just to add 1 more thing in how to overcome our fears.

All sources of fears can be classified from 1 of 3 groups :
    1) Satan.
    2) Events (like earthquakes, illness, wars, and so on ...).
    3) Enemies.

Each group of fears can be overcome with a different way.
    1) Satan can be overcome by our Faith in Jesus Christ.
    2) Events can be overcome by our Hope.
    3) Enemies can be overcome by our Love.

And that makes the famous triangle (Faith, Hope, and Love) with which we can bypass any fears. This triangle is mentionned in 1 Cor. 13 : 13.

May God remove all fears from our heart so that we follow His teachings not because we fear His punishment but because we love Him.

Thank you and pray for me.

KF
  • wow, that was a very nice way of putting it KF... never heard of it like that :D
  • wow, thanks for all the answers, they are all great! I appreciate all the help
    God bless all of you & may His love & peace remain in your hearts forever
    mary