What is heaven like?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
My dad tells me not to ask what is heaven like because we are not there yet but I want to know if I find no wife on earth will God somehow give me a wife when I am in heaven, even though I know in heaven all are like the angels of God.
If I have no kids I can not delight in them then and will try to steal other peoples kids
Thankyou for listening

Comments

• User157,

Peace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be with you. I understand this need to have a wife, a soulmate, a person you want to die old with and meet in Heaven. It is a feeling of hopelessness. I tell you however, that being close to God, when you are in Heaven, will be more glorious and satisfying than any wife you will have on this earth. God is infinite light, infinite goodness, infinite righteousness. As such, being physically next to Him in Heaven will make you feel so righteous, so good, so happy.

A wife is not the cake, a wife is the icing on the cake. Does the cake still taste good without its icing? Does the cake taste less of a cake without such icing? Likewise, is your life comparable to this cake; Sweet and full of goodness? And if an icing or, a wife, were added to your life, would it just be icing or a feeling of completeness finally?

We must be complete and whole before we can enjoy the life of marriage. Marriage is a sacrament in our faith; But we do not reach it or its benefits unless we are complete with God's love.

I promise you, the time will come when you will find that wife; But before having a wife, it is best for us to work on ourselves first so that in the end, if you do find "that one true love," that "better other half," you can provide for her a relationship that is fulfilling because you yourself are complete with God's love, faith and trust in Him.

God is your main priority now, then and forever-more. Your second priority is to your family. We need prioritize our lives better and in this aspect, and everything else will fall into place.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

Seek first God, grow in a loving relationship with Him, and when the time is right, your angel will present herself. Everything else will fall into place too; Your financial situation, your happiness, your friends, etc. Work on your relationship with God. Work on communicating with him daily. Work on reading His Holy Words. Work on going to Church. Work on confessing your sins. Work on all these things, yes, albeit difficult, but rewarding beyond measure.

In order to first take care of another human being, we must first learn to take care of ourselves. Do not go searching for your wife now; You may not be ready. Instead, let God do the searching for you and pray to Him about this matter. Then, wait patiently on the Lord whilst working on yourself. You will get your wife; your kids; and your lifelong dream of being with someone till you die.

But until then, hang on to the Lord more than your dreams, and He will make all your dreams possible.

I will pray for you User157 in the altar this Sunday. And don't feel discouraged; me, you, and many others are all in the same boat. We need each other!

With much love and respect,
    Rony
  • And with Heaven...don't even get me started on what Heaven is like. It is not filled with earthly pleasures nor with anything we know on this earth to be fulfilling.

Heaven is finally reaching that state in our journey where we understand, beyond measure, who God is and all the secrets and questions you had are answered. Heaven is being able to stand right next to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, looking upon Him with praise, worship, and awesome wonder.

Heaven is forgetting your pains, your struggles, your misery. Heaven is an intense joy, an intense light, an understanding beyond any comprehension we have had on this Earth.

Heaven is reserved for those already close to Him. You can reach Heaven now; not tomorrow, or after you die. You can be with God, right here, right now; By being close to Him more than any other person, passion or object in this life. You can start your eternal life right now. It starts with opening up to Him and communicating to Him daily. God does not see trivial requests; God always sees you as his son or daughter needing Him. Glory to God in the Highest for his infinite love for us all!
  • Remember us O LORD when you come into your kingdom
  • Sorry if that is offensive and wrong to say

• [quote author=user157 link=topic=12923.msg152120#msg152120 date=1329494995]
    Sorry if that is offensive and wrong to say

Not offensive at all User157. Can we be on first name basis? My name is Ronald. People close to me call me "Rony." You can call me Rony. What's your name?
  • Ronald, we need more people like you here.
  • I can not tell my name right now. I created an anonymous username for a reason.
    I also must now seek God in a more quiet way because I can not focus on my studies while I  am on this forum. But you are all in my prayers. Please pray for me

• [quote author=user157 link=topic=12923.msg152133#msg152133 date=1329498411]
    I can not tell my name right now. I created an anonymous username for a reason.
    I also must now seek God in a more quiet way because I can not focus on my studies while I  am on this forum. But you are all in my prayers. Please pray for me

Not a problem User157. I will pray for you sir.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12923.msg152129#msg152129 date=1329496704]
    Ronald, we need more people like you here.

And we need more people like you in here ya George.  :D
  • To respond to the thread's title: What is heaven like?,
    A priest once gave this explanation for heaven...heaven is what we know in the bible...but we can't imagine it...
    The problem is that this is our position...sorta (Not a real story, just for theoretic pusposes)

Imagine a pregnant woman...and for whatever reason she was
    put in a pitch black room for the rest of her life, and her child's life...she explains to the child, outside of this door,
    is colours...trees...people...a sun...a moon...whatever she says...the child will never understand what she is saying,
    because in the same way that her mom is explaining based on experience, likewise the child doesn't know, based
    on lack of experience...that child has never seen anything, except black (nothing-ness) you can't explain wat a tree
    looks like, because she has never seen anything to compare to a tree...

LIKEWISE WE TOO, have never seen anything comparable to Heaven, and the stuff therin...
    This is how I look at it...if we just wonder, we will get nowhere...all you need to know it that its EITHER Heaven,
    OR Hell, and based on what I heard...I don't wanna be in Hell, so try ur best to do what will get you into Heaven...
    And you can find that out in the BIBLE...sounds good? Lol...
    I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you even more...
    GB, and please PFM,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12923.msg152113#msg152113 date=1329492249]
    My dad tells me not to ask what is heaven like because we are not there yet but I want to know if I find no wife on earth will God somehow give me a wife when I am in heaven, even though I know in heaven all are like the angels of God.
    If I have no kids I can not delight in them then and will try to steal other peoples kids
    Thankyou for listening

Hope you're really not thinking about 'stealing' other peoples kids??! Remember the Ten Commandments - Exodus 20:14,"You shall not steal.
    No, u will not b given a wife in Heaven and if u make it there, I think finding a wife will not b a priority for u.
    There is a thread in the COC issues of this forum which is about The Book of Enoch. Enoch describes what he saw when he was taken to Heaven. You can find it on Youtube as well. Be careful though, I think it is not common knowledge or reading for a good reason.

God b w/u
  • If others have the joy of having kids then it is not right to endure their arrogance when I am left out

Does someone want to explain the bible passage in the OT which says in the new Jerusalem there will not be an old man who has not lived long
    and I think talks about finding a wife and having kids

Isaiah 65 or 69:20

But probably there will not be another opportunity

The old testament also talks about eunuchs having a name better than sons and daughters
    but I don't accept the forced love given from others to me
  • I still have not finished Uni yet anyway so I will complain later