Lyrics for Tenen (Coptic Hymn in English Letters)

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey Guys. I am learning Tenen, and since I'm not good at reading coptic, I'm finding it a bit hard to learn the hymn while trying to read it in Coptic. So just for learning purposes, Does anyone have the Tenen text in English letters?? I couldn't find it anywhere!!

THANKS!

Comments

• you couldn't find it because we expect someone who is going to learn a hard hymn like this to know coptic first.
  • And who are "we" exactly??? No need to judge here, I simply requested a hymn text, so if you have it please post it, if you don't please mind your own business. Thanks.
  • Hey,

I don't think Mina was judging but it did come across a little harsh. I understand that he is just explaining why the hymn is not up. It actual is his business seeing as he is the one who makes the English transliterations. In any case, let me work it out for you here:

Ten Othen theeseyan ke tin logikin latrian: Anapempomen se avtoo seemeron o thas: pros thoxa so soteer eemon: Ananias, Azarias, Misaeel.

(E)Trion Paithon enje melin natoo peros thoxa emepsatetoo: comatos angelos ghar senasel thethe: avtoo keethon eflighartis: elevseon emon: Ananias, Azarias, Misaeel.

Evhhos efnooti enseyo neeven!

Pray for me, and good luck in memorizing this hymn!

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • Thank you, ReturnOrthodoxy! God bless your service.
  • Just for clarity, Tenen has 5 stanzas (verses). There are two more stanzas before "Evhos efnooti enseyo niven". I know people don't often say these two verses and that is why they are excluded in many books, but people don't often say the second stanza either (Trion) and it is included in most books. I personally love the fourth stanza more than any of the others.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12853.msg151340#msg151340 date=1328105186]
    Just for clarity, Tenen has 5 stanzas (verses). There are two more stanzas before "Evhos efnooti enseyo niven". I know people don't often say these two verses and that is why they are excluded in many books, but people don't often say the second stanza either (Trion) and it is included in most books. I personally love the fourth stanza more than any of the others.

http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/154

are you counting Ev-esmoo a stanza?
  • Yes Mina,

1. Tenen
    2. Trion
    3. Evlogon
    4. Menenca ethrenchi
    5. Evhos evesmoo

Evhoos is not part of Trion and it is not said twice.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12853.msg151349#msg151349 date=1328115544]
    Yes Mina,

1. Tenen
    2. Trion
    3. Evlogon
    4. Menenca ethrenchi
    5. Evhos evesmoo

Evhoos is not part of Trion and it is not said twice.

in the Texas monastery this year (i was there for 12 dys) we say tenen and trion every single day......that was nice. the down side, they didn't say hoos erof elkebira except on saturday. they used to alternate between them last yr.
  • Do you guys have a recording of the 3rd and 4th stanzas?
  • [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=12853.msg151356#msg151356 date=1328129675]
    Do you guys have a recording of the 3rd and 4th stanzas?

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Bright_Saturday/Higher_Institute_of_Studies/01.Praises.html