Lost important thing to me (literally)

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Ok....I know that its not worth it to post something very minor on here, but I dont know what to do.

I lost something very important yesterday at school something like a wallet with everything important to me in it. Im going crazy because I kinda had a feeling that I was going to lose it, and did not prevent it from happening. Now I dont know where to find it and I feel like its impossible to find it. Even if I did, most likely some of the things inside would be stolen.

Now I am in between in believing that God can find it for me, and God wont help me find it.

My faith is falling because of things like this, I think that if I pray, and I dont find it, God dosent want to help me.

I really need to find this wallet thing, but I dont know how, where, with whom, or even when to find it.

Comments

• Ask Anba Wannas  :)
    I lost my usb drive once (i know, it's not as important as your wallet). This was late july. I was mad cuz it had files of the text that i been working on for years. i then found it in the back of the care when i was moving back to school (beginning of sept).

About this and you faith, it's not a big deal to have some doubt when something bad happens to you.....as long as you know that God will never do anything that will hurt you.
  • Anba (?) Wannas. . .

I thought that was for bishops of abbas, wasn't Wannas a child saint?
  • [quote author=Andrew link=topic=12850.msg151180#msg151180 date=1327779050]
    Anba (?) Wannas. . .

I thought that was for bishops of abbas, wasn't Wannas a child saint?

Yep.

http://www.windsorcopts.com/index.php?p=2_33
  • JG,

By "yep" do you mean people are misusing "anba" or that he should be called by that title?

BTW, sorry for sidetracking the topic, Copticstrength! I hope whatever you lost is returned to you. Ask God for it and have faith, no matter how low the probabilities are.
  • [quote author=Andrew link=topic=12850.msg151183#msg151183 date=1327781842]
    JG,

By "yep" do you mean people are misusing "anba" or that he should be called by that title?

Sorry, I should have been clearer with my response  :)

The term "anba" is indeed used when referring to this saint. I remember visiting the Luxor in Upper Egypt where he lies buried, and I remember his story being told to us and the reason he was called "anba" was also mentioned. My poor memory can't remember it exactly, but I suspect it was because of the great asceticism he displayed despite his young age.

Whether this is "correct" or not I do not know.

I suppose we'd have to ask the question of what "Anba" actually means in order to understand why some saints (who seem to be monks or bishops) receive the title.
  • My personal issue about a lost item turned into a debate about whether or not Anba is a saint.

Why did I even post this on here?! I should have known better than to ask people who are strangers that I have never met before.

Its truly better to search for answers from God, than from people who cannot help in my situation. Only God knows everything about me. Then why ask for encouragement when I have the greatest encouragement in life?

Just disregard all things I said in the first post. It does not matter at all.

And before I leave tasbeha, I want everyone to forgive me if I sinned against them.
  • I am very sorry that I derailed this thread.

Regarding your lost item: pray to God, and through the intercessions of his saints, it will show up.

• [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12850.msg151178#msg151178 date=1327778237]
    Ask Anba Wannas  :)
    I lost my usb drive once (i know, it's not as important as your wallet). This was late july. I was mad cuz it had files of the text that i been working on for years. i then found it in the back of the care when i was moving back to school (beginning of sept).

About this and you faith, it's not a big deal to have some doubt when something bad happens to you.....as long as you know that God will never do anything that will hurt you.

Hahaha i was JUST gonna say that!

Yeah, he is right. Ask anba Wannas and he will return your stuff, God´s willing :)
  • [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=12850.msg151185#msg151185 date=1327784752]
    My personal issue about a lost item turned into a debate about whether or not Anba is a saint.

Why did I even post this on here?! I should have known better than to ask people who are strangers that I have never met before.

Its truly better to search for answers from God, than from people who cannot help in my situation. Only God knows everything about me. Then why ask for encouragement when I have the greatest encouragement in life?

And before I leave tasbeha, I want everyone to forgive me if I sinned against them.

You are being very immature. You knew that the response would be to pray but you posted here anyways thinking that you will get some magic spell to say that will make your "wallet" appear. Stop trying to side track yourself and trying to take shortcuts. Pray. That's all you need to do. Pray. Pray and God will help you as He has been doing your whole life. That's all I have to say, is PRAY.
  • [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=12850.msg151185#msg151185 date=1327784752]
    My personal issue about a lost item turned into a debate about whether or not Anba is a saint.

It is very well known that forums get sidetracked. This one certainly isn't a major offender.

In regard to asking other ppl about this, you should do so. This forum is not designed to form the backbone of anyone's spiritual life (and I still have my personal reservations, given this forum is run by the church, it should be looked after better. The state of the site should not be dependent on the posters, but rather the church. I do not wish to discuss this further unless it is constructive discussion about improvement of the site)
  • I sure hope you find your wallet with the help of Anba Wannas!

I would like to share a part of our sermon today that I find may relate a bit to this thread...

Today's reading involved about being born again/baptism. The main focus of the sermon revolved around the verse where Saint John the Baptist said: "He must increase, but I must decrease" John 3:30. And the sermon then became a small meditation. Where am I in this? I could fall in 4 categories. I live for..

1 - Myself alone,
    2 - Myself and God,
    3 - God and myself and lastly,
    4 - God alone.

Clearly, our goals is to gradually find ourselves saying that we live for God and God alone, nothing else matters at that point. We sacrifice all that is ours, and live for Christ.

The sermon touched me and thought it was a relevant thread to share it on.

I do hope you find your wallet, its not easy to let go/lose things unwillingly. However, don't be too mad if you don't find it! :)

GB

• Forgive me. Forgive me. Forgive me.

I have sinned against my brothers and sisters in christ.

My negative thinking that day had a negative impact on all of my actions.

I know I have thought negatively, but I am still trying to grow, and get rid of my bad habits.

I confess, that thinking negatively is one of my greatest setbacks and stumbling blocks in life.

I cannot let this thread go on. But I have to come and tell you sorry.

CopticStrength
  • CopticStrength,

Please don't leave the forum! I like reading your posts and questions :)

Regarding your original question, I think you should put stickies on your forehead as a reminder not to lose things... because that's what I do.  :P

Let us know if you ever find your wallet, so we can rejoice with you! :)

• Copticstrength, you are being way too hard on yourself. Even if you do have negative thoughts, they are safe with God and us.

Sorry that you lost your wallet, but the sacrifices to God are a broken and contrite heart. From there you are closer to him.

God bless you.

•   We need you to forgive us Copticstrength as you are young and I think quite innocent. Losing something that is personal to you, I guess might make you feel incomplete and it may of made you a bit sensitive in regards to who you are. I missed your posts when you took time for your study. We are always learning by our mistakes, by the bad thing that happen to us, but the joy is in the victory Christ Jesus gives us.