Issues downloading

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
It appears that the download button is disabled. I log in and it take me to the login page. When i navigate to the hymn i want it asks me to log in again. I login again and it takes me back to the main home screen again.

Comments

• im having the same issue , can someone help please
    thanks,
    God bless
  • You have to stay logged into the forum to download hymns. When it takes you to this forum page, do you log out then go back to hymns and log in again?
  • The downloading issue has been fixed. If there are anymore problems please post them. this was mainly effecting newly registered users.
  • downloading issues  often arise here mine also same thing occured but when it happens just turn of your computer for10 minutes and then again switch it on what response it gives inform me
  • When it takes you to this forum page, do you log out then go back to hymns and log in again?

-------------------------------
    Listen! Your Heart Chooses to Vote for Our DVDs - DVD for sale

• edited January 2015
    What has changed on the Website to make downloading so cumbersome? The download icon is an HTML link, which when clicked it opens the media file (mp3) in a browser. To download the file, I have to copy the URL from the address bar and add it to a download manager. 

Can you please make things simple!!?? A service should be easily available and handy to download or listen to online. You just added a few more barriers to the availability of those files posted online, which should never be the case.

Also, there should be a "Contact Us" link or e-mail address of a Web master to contact. This does not exist on this Web site.

Make God's word and praises easily available. It's very easy for people to give up. I personally gave up on this site for a few years when there used to be a daily limit for the number of downloads from the Website. Encourage visitors; DON'T discourage them.
  • I totally agree with that. I was highly relying on the website to plan and manage the hymns curriculum and guide kids and youth in service to use it to keep listening to the hymns. This is essentially important to be easy so the kids can do it and not giving up. These days, if they can't do anything in an easy way, they will give up and look for staff that are easily accessible.

I agree that there should be a link to contact so we can address the problems right away.

• Youssef_Habib,
    It is actually not that hard all you need to do is right click on the player and select save as... But I do agree with you it is harder than before.
    God Bless
  • Youssef_Habib,
    It is actually not that hard all you need to do is right click on the player and select save as... But I do agree with you it is harder than before.
    God Bless
    Of course I did that, and just did it now to confirm before I post my reply, and THIS DOESN'T WORK.
  • edited January 2015

Youssef_Habib,
    God Bless
    Of course I did that, and just did it now to confirm before I post my reply, and THIS DOESN'T WORK.

You must click download first, than on that page r click and save as. That works .
  • Youssef_Habib,
    God Bless

You must click download first, than on that page r click and save as. That works .
    minatasgeel 

Okay, now I got it. That's beyond any conventional thinking or functionality of any Website. I work in the IT field and this is a very illogical move and non-conventional. Besides, I guess it was moved from the HTTP protocol to the FTP protocol because it is blocked behind the firewalls; so neither listen, download, or anything else.  The download icon at the right end of each medial file should be a simple hyperlink which you can just right-click and choose "save as" and that's it. So if you want to download a set of chants for any special occasion, now it will take you 2-3 X the time to do that and keep going back and forth in your browser. That's a disservice and not a service. Again, the people responsible for the Web site are pushing the people to give up (like I personally did a few years ago.) Frustrating!

Again, I want to emphasize the point for any Coptic or Christian Web site: Make it easy for people to reach to you. Make it available, palatable, easy, approachable, attracting people to come and not shoving them away. Make it as easy as putting all these treasures right in their laps. And again, everything wrong is freely available on the Web. Much easier than you think, and many things you won't even think that it exists. All in the service of the devil. So you can either put extra barriers or make it easy and within reach of your audience.

BUT, I thank the team for posting these TREASURES. Any right and correct recording of our Church's chants is priceless.

Thanks again to all.