Greetings and salutations, brothers and sisters in Christ :)

edited December 1969 in Introductions
I have not used this website in well over 6 years. I will attempt to use this website more. I love the discussions here. It is interesting to note what types of responses I made previously, and what types of responses I make now.

I find that the responses I made 6 years ago were very child-like and immature. I look over what I have said and it seems to me that I have matured now, because the thought in my head is as such, "How in the world could I have said something along those lines?"

Forgive me for my child-like arrogance of the past.

Forgive me for any rudeness.

Forgive me for any fault.

Please pray for me my brothers and sisters that I may be closer to God. It has been 6 years but I truly see the hand of God in everything that has happened to me, and will happen to me. My love for God and my Church is at its highest now but I have heard that upon spiritual highs we are extremely vulnerable to fall extremely low, just as in the analogy of the cliff. On a cliff, we are highest, and closer to God, however, one step in the wrong direction we can fall off the cliff and hit rock bottom with an explosive fashion.

Although I see a difference in my personality for the better, I do not say it to show off. I say it that others can learn that God takes you on a journey with Him as long as you let Him. He can take the worst human being on the face of the planet and change him to be righteous and ever-praising the glory of the Lord.

If you find yourself at a standstill now, I ask, my brother or my sister, that you wait patiently for the Lord to lift you up. Then, pray incessantly that nothing will bring you down. Because pride of the heart is my weakness, and I am at a constant, constant, constant review of my actions and words. Pride of the heart is what brought me to my lowest state. And pride of the heart will be my downfall. I must learn to be humble at all times and at all places.

Thank you for listening all.

May God be with you all and grant you many blessings.

Comments

• I was doing some research on here recently and I ran into some of my old posts - and had the exact same thoughts! Don't know if I've matured much though.

Please keep me in your prayers!
  • I will keep you in my prayers. I believe that a thorough assessment of ourselves is necessary for spiritual growth. Now that I've come up with the conclusion I made in the beginning of this thread, I want to see what other areas I have matured in or have not matured in or worse yet, have gotten worse in!
  • Altough I don't know you ( I came here in 2008), I find it very brave and mature of you that you've come back with such a positive attitude towards the members and the forum. It is good that someone grows spiritually and mentally and that he/she looks back at good and bad properties or behaviour and that he/she tries to improve him/herself. Very happy to see people growing and changing.

Welcome back!

[quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=12837.msg151038#msg151038 date=1327450879]
    I was doing some research on here recently and I ran into some of my old posts - and had the exact same thoughts! Don't know if I've matured much though.

Please keep me in your prayers!

You too, welcome back and may the Lord guide you in his way :)

God bless you both and wish u a very happy good life with Jesus.

Ciao

GBU
  • Thank you Marmar for your kind words. May God guide us all in everything that we do so that it is acceptable unto Him.