O MARY/Amdah Fel Batool

Hey everyone!

Ok so since Kiahk tasbeha starts this Saturday, I was wondering if anyone had these hymns in Arabic but in English Letters. I'm pretty sure that it was written under the Hymn Lyrics Library here under the kiahk 7&4 but all that's there now is the Kiahk Ode. So please if anyone has it post it=D thanks in advance, God bless!

Comments

• [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5986.msg79967#msg79967 date=1196729691]
    Hey everyone!

Ok so since Kiahk tasbeha starts this Saturday, I was wondering if anyone had these hymns in Arabic but in English Letters. I'm pretty sure that it was written under the Hymn Lyrics Library here under the kiahk 7&4 but all that's there now is the Kiahk Ode. So please if anyone has it post it=D thanks in advance, God bless!

give me a little time. the whole general 7 & 4 hymns will be on that category of the library this week.
  • alright awesome! thanks a lot, God bless you for your time and effort :)
  • ok so my arabic isnt that good, but i searched every where and couldn't find "arabish" for this hymn. i listened to the hymn serveral times and wrote it out myself. if there are any errors please correct them.
    pray for me.

Amdah fil batool wash rah ala wa kool
    Anty asl osool ya gawhar maknoon
    Biky ya namaty na wi khalas ginsina
    Khad balaghanal moona wa nahnou farehoon

Tagasad el ibny bi sabat min fakre el banat
    Soleb ana wa maat andal ekhranyoon
    Samarat el oyoon hiya ibnat sehyoon
    Adah eh ya koolon enni bi hoobik maftoon

Refrain:
    Sabani hobik ya fakre el roda
    moosa raaky ya mariem agab min agab
    wil anageel bata bi tidwy wi solbany daahab
    Ya obit moosa ya mariem ya shoryit haron

Gakhy ghobriel bi basher wi akwal
    Wa kabilty ma khal wa howa siron makhnoon
    Hawayty el samara wahowa rabol qodra
    Wa serty sama mok miras ya ibnal seyoon

Khalasty adam bad an kan nadem
    Wa takdy el alam min kaydel arakoon
    Daey min tamgeed tagasad wa howa el waheed
    Li agli khalas el abid min asr wal segoon

Refrain

Zakar dawood anki malak ishtaha hosnik
    Wi tagasad minky rabol arshel maknoon
    Rabawat som mawloof min howl el arsh wi khoof
    Wi kabyl wa sofoof wa shohada montasiloon

Zalit ana el ahzaan wa sirna fis minan
    Biky ya khoar tel ayan wa nahnoon biky farehoon
    Salo ma shahidit bi in el adra wildit
    Amnit wa takadit bil sir el maknoon

Refrain

Moosa al khalim biz fi sifril takween al kaweem
    Karayak ya koob el azeem katolam bil bahay makroon
    Shahada anki el ro-oos enik toyhi el nifoos
    Ya bikra wa aroos kamatanabat el nabeyoon

Saho wi shaw bil khabar bi ini yasou yazhar
    Shibhi nada wa matar tahtar fihil wa sifoon
    Dalah bi hawah adam basar yapki wa howa nadem
    Kharagori yana ha eh wa lawlo ki el adam fil shigoon

Refrain

Daw-ooki kad ashrak wa fil zolma abrak
    Wa ghosnik kad awrat thaganatamarhol masehyoon
    Tobaky ya sama hayarty el olamaat
    Fa lasfa maa hokomaat fi wasfik ya takalamo

Zahar minki el elah el moota aly bi sama
    Wa malalabazat ya layky fa kama yafalel makhlokoon
    Ala hosnoki li ana yasou ibnik
    Wa hamalty fi batnik fagahlo sabeh el basharyoon

Refrain

Ghalas fikil modah ya bahgat al arwah
    Madhik fi nagah wa kawlo saheeh mawzoon
    Fosi bi awfi raby wahowa kadzy wa talaby
    Yasou wa oomo hasaby hata min el fayzy nakoon

Kadim azaly daem mateh lemawhil ma asem
    Wasayka tagani wa ba iza talaameesa yagrisoon
    Karago bil absar al rosol el ahbar
    Nadobil istibshar wa aga-eb yasna-oon

Refrain

Laki kol tazeem yabnat yo-achim
    Hamalty sir el azeem wa wadaty yakoratil ehyoon
    Moosa wa daniel daraba feky el amsal
    Wa azakab sahih el akwal fi habalik yabnat siyoon

Nawarty al akwal ya fahkre el asman
    Law laky ma kan kol el khalaik yowtakoon
    Hada ya alwan gahaby al ahyan
    Zahab wa mooor wa loban lahal magou hamilon

Refrain

Wi sagado lil mawlood el raab el maabood
    Wi rod isfay maghood wa gondol mondaay shon
    La tameli fi kol heen abdik el khateel el miskeen
    Shafatik yom el deen argoona wal mooemeen

Ya sayedat el abkar ya mamlak el sharab wal fakhar
    Isshibny bil nagda wal intisar alamam bil nar yankoon
    Nasal minkil el ghofran wa kowa maa imaan
    Wa osool shabiky al ismikan yom el khalas yosharon

Refrain
  • Doesn't O MARY already have the English text of the arabic words printed on it in the Coptic Presentations version?
  • It took me about 5 minutes to realize O MARY is ya meem reh ye meem lol.

The arabish text is indeed in the Coptic presentations located here:

http://www.suscopts.org/deacons/hymns/kiahk_psalmody.pdf
  • anyone have the 'arabish' version of Amen Alleluia?
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=5986.msg124502#msg124502 date=1292358335]
    Doesn't O MARY already have the English text of the arabic words printed on it in the Coptic Presentations version?

I don't think that one was well-done at all.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=5986.msg149379#msg149379 date=1324500700]
    [quote author=servant33 link=topic=5986.msg124502#msg124502 date=1292358335]
    Doesn't O MARY already have the English text of the arabic words printed on it in the Coptic Presentations version?

I don't think that one was well-done at all.
    Agreed.
  • The Kiahk psalmody presentation on stgeorgejc.org has the o Mary arabic-English
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=5986.msg149378#msg149378 date=1324498646]
    anyone have the 'arabish' version of Amen Alleluia?

Speaking of Amen Alleluia, I have been asked twice what the following verse means:
    "A fraction for the Korban, heppe evke neman, and in it the faith is clear, Amen Alleluia."

I want to see what everyone else comes up with before I tell you what I think.

Additionally, has anyone noticed that 3/4 of the English translation of Amen Alleluia is not even remotely close to the Arabic original?
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=5986.msg149387#msg149387 date=1324505118]
    The Kiahk psalmody presentation on stgeorgejc.org has the o Mary arabic-English

Oh, it's the same ppt someone put up before. Soz
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=5986.msg149388#msg149388 date=1324505300]
    [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=5986.msg149378#msg149378 date=1324498646]

Speaking of Amen Alleluia, I have been asked twice what the following verse means:
    "A fraction for the Korban, heppe evke neman, and in it the faith is clear, Amen Alleluia."

Additionally, has anyone noticed that 3/4 of the English translation of Amen Alleluia is not even remotely close to the Arabic original?
    I've noticed that too. Some stuff is really off. As far that verse, I'm clueless as to what it means lol.
  • Anybody else want to take a guess before I give away the answer?
  • Does heppe evke neman mean "through our prayers"?

Although what the fraction for the Korban is, I don't know.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=5986.msg149401#msg149401 date=1324511530]
    Anybody else want to take a guess before I give away the answer?
    Say it, I'm curious!
  • Ok, since you twisted my arm peter_saad.

If you know Coptic, you will know that the Fraction for the Virgin Mary and the Angelic orders starts out "Behold, today on this table Emmanuel our God is present." Well the Coptic is heppe eu,y neman. The first line becomes the title of the fraction. While Abouna breaks the korban during the Fraction Prayer heppe eu,y neman, the faith is clarified. What faith? "Holy and full of glory is the God the Father the Pantocrator", "Holy and full of glory is His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ", "Holy and full of glory is the Paraclete", "Holy and full of glory is the Mother of God, the holy Theotokos Saint Mary" and "Holy and full of glory is this sacrifice which has been slain for the life of the world". And every time the faith is clarified or proclaimed, the congregation responds.....

Wait for it.....

Can you hear the long, annoying background music they play when someone is getting eliminated on American Idol?.....

Isn't that long silence on America's Got Talent at least 5 minutes? We'll do the same thing here.....

Still waiting for it.....

The light above your head is going on......

"Amen Alleluia"

PS: JG, heppe eu,y neman means "behold with us today"
    PPS: Isn't it great to learn Coptic and fully understand the spirituality behind the hymns we say?
    PPPS: Supermanbam, was this a good example of fully understanding the hymn? Or what?
  • Cheers Remenkimi!

I clearly need to double my efforts in learning Coptic  ;D
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=5986.msg149388#msg149388 date=1324505300]
    [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=5986.msg149378#msg149378 date=1324498646]

welcome to working on the kiahk psalmodies. I began working on closing that gap in a translation i did a year ago.....but i was blocked by priests because apparently the arabic is not standardized...so i stopped and i will not work on it again. 
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=5986.msg149404#msg149404 date=1324512905]
    Ok, since you twisted my arm peter_saad.

If you know Coptic, you will know that the Fraction for the Virgin Mary and the Angelic orders starts out "Behold, today on this table Emmanuel our God is present." Well the Coptic is heppe eu,y neman. The first line becomes the title of the fraction. While Abouna breaks the korban during the Fraction Prayer heppe eu,y neman, the faith is clarified. What faith? "Holy and full of glory is the God the Father the Pantocrator", "Holy and full of glory is His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ", "Holy and full of glory is the Paraclete", "Holy and full of glory is the Mother of God, the holy Theotokos Saint Mary" and "Holy and full of glory is this sacrifice which has been slain for the life of the world". And every time the faith is clarified or proclaimed, the congregation responds.....

Wait for it.....

Can you hear the long, annoying background music they play when someone is getting eliminated on American Idol?.....

Isn't that long silence on America's Got Talent at least 5 minutes? We'll do the same thing here.....

Still waiting for it.....

The light above your head is going on......

"Amen Alleluia"

PS: JG, heppe eu,y neman means "behold with us today"
    PPS: Isn't it great to learn Coptic and fully understand the spirituality behind the hymns we say?
    PPPS: Supermanbam, was this a good example of fully understanding the hymn? Or what?

Wow. The depth of that part is just amazing!
  • Thanks for the explanation, Remnkemi!