Egypt update?

2»

Comments

• [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=12596.msg148297#msg148297 date=1322782488]
    In the end, the ingestion of the "bessara" gives forth a flatulence which leaves behind a stench, and the latrine shows the true material of the cooking.

That sounds rather execrable...:P
  • Those funny little parties are part of the deal to give a semblance of "democracy".  If you read back your stated chronology, and the limited resource towards possible election, the new parties "miraculously" win 20%.  It is part of the "bessara" that they are cooking.  In the end, the ingestion of the "bessara" gives forth a flatulence which leaves behind a stench, and the latrine shows the true material of the cooking.  How is that for a "play" on things.

:). How do you come up with these "pleasant" analogies? I mean, connecting biology, chemistry, food and toilets in one strike?

You are probably right. And in any case, regardless of whether these parties are part of the besara or are shawermah on top of the besara, they will be rendered insignifant anyways.
  • I'm generally a very creative person with a nasty tone.  If you hybridize those two aspects, you get quite an explosive combination.

I have a detailed background in:  Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biochemistry, Philosophy and Classics (as well as other things which I will keep to myself).

I don't have the wool pulled over my eyes too easily, and I don't trust the "Pet Owners" in Egypt.
  • ILSM,

Can we be friends?
  • Foxes have holes, birds have nests, yet the ILSM hath not a place to lay down his electrons.

For those of us who share the heritage of being Orthodox we are brothers and sisters in the Lord.
    For those of us who share the heritage of being Coptic, we share genes and chromosomes, which makes us family.
  • I see the implied "yes". Yay!!!!
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=12596.msg148297#msg148297 date=1322782488]
    Rem,

That is exactly what I meant.

Stavro,

Those funny little parties are part of the deal to give a semblance of "democracy".  If you read back your stated chronology, and the limited resource towards possible election, the new parties "miraculously" win 20%.  It is part of the "bessara" that they are cooking.  In the end, the ingestion of the "bessara" gives forth a flatulence which leaves behind a stench, and the latrine shows the true material of the cooking.  How is that for a "play" on things.

I'm quite a fan of bessara.

Despite your sickening analogy, I shall forever eat of it and be glad  :D
  • A correction: MB = Muslim brothers (i.e. NOT brotherhood) pls spread.

Ironically, lately the US sent the gift of another 50 millions US$ to the MB to support their demo-crasy campaign. They didn't say if it was from tax money though. BTW Hamas is a MB affiliate.

Many election violations occurred, so far.

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=12596.msg148401#msg148401 date=1322949287]
    A correction: MB = Muslim brothers (i.e. NOT brotherhood) pls spread.

Ironically, lately the US sent the gift of another 50 millions US$ to the MB to support their demo-crasy campaign. They didn't say if it was from tax money though. BTW Hamas is a MB affiliate.

Many election violations occurred, so far.

GBU

John, what is your source that the US sent a 50 million dollar gift to the MB? Thanks.
  • John_S2000,

The US never sent any money to the Muslim Brotherhood, the money you are referring to was extra aid after the resignation of Hosni Mubarak.

ILSM,

I admit that I am disappointed in the results of the elections. I expected the Muslim Brotherhood to get a 1/3 of the vote and they got about 36% but I am disappointed in the fact that the Salafist party got almost a quarter of the vote. But I remain optimistic because as I said before there is no alternative than putting faith in God and hoping turn out for the best. However, I continue to strongly oppose your view that Copts constitute some sort of pets to the secular Muslims in Egypt which is false. No one is treating us like that. You'd be surprised by how much these seculars dislike the Islamist parties as much as we do. You have to put trust in people, many of them went out last January and February sacrificed their lives truly hoping for freedom for all Egyptians, including Copts. Of course, I've learned to distinguish the protesters from the uneducated masses that follow their cult religion blindly.
    The Liberal parties didn't fare all too bad considering how new they are and all the cheating the Islamists got away with. So again, we must stay optimistic, this Parliament will have very little powers (eg. they will have no say in the Cabinet) as opposed to future regimes and the Islamist parties are used to interfighting and we know that know that no house divided against itself will stand. They have no political knowledge or any to begin with and I believe they will be quickly humiliated. Now that is not to say everything will be roses and flowers from then on but it does give a window for Liberal parties to establish themselves and cut into the Islamist votes in the next elections. In the mean time, we need to pray and do what we can to help in Egypt. Tough times are ahead but there people in Egypt who truly want to see it freed, you have to open your mind a bit.
  • There can be no optimism or faith in any Muslim, even the "cute I love Christian types".

There is only Hope in God.

The numbers in the election were already discussed and agreed upon.
  • ILSM,

I think this is what you're referring to when you say "pets": http://i.imgur.com/xw71o.gif
  • I'm posting this stuff because I find it interesting how the American media is reacting to and covering politics in Egypt.  :)

• [quote author=Andrew link=topic=12596.msg148803#msg148803 date=1323396391]
    I'm posting this stuff because I find it interesting how the American media is reacting to and covering politics in Egypt.  :)

It seems that America doesn't have an issue with the muslim brotherhood, but you can tell that America is kind of suspicious of them and they are waiting to see the actions taken by them in order to judge whether this was the right choice for Egypt or not.
  • I'd like to interject with an opinion: I do not think that the United States cares at all for the Egyptian people, especially the Copts. The United States of America (the government at least) has always and will always seek its own interests. I believe that the United States makes it appear as though their involvement in Egypt's and other Middle Eastern countries' affairs is a humanitarian effort but there is definitely other interests in it for the United States. I hardly think it's because they care about the people living there whatsoever. That being said, the fact that the United States does not have an issue with the Muslim Brotherhood proves that they do not care about the people living there. Why is that? If we look at what happened in Iran when the Muslim Brotherhood took over, that should be enough evidence that the Muslim Brotherhood is not the "right choice" for Egypt (whatever "right choice" means anyway...if you're talking about serving the interests of the United States, then perhaps, in terms of the humanitarian front that they have for their involvement, then absolutely not). I guess we'll just watch and see what happens.
    May God protect us and our brothers and sisters in Egypt during these difficult times.
  • [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=12596.msg149794#msg149794 date=1325468960]
    I'd like to interject with an opinion: I do not think that the United States cares at all for the Egyptian people, especially the Copts. The United States of America (the government at least) has always and will always seek its own interests. I believe that the United States makes it appear as though their involvement in Egypt's and other Middle Eastern countries' affairs is a humanitarian effort but there is definitely other interests in it for the United States. I hardly think it's because they care about the people living there whatsoever. That being said, the fact that the United States does not have an issue with the Muslim Brotherhood proves that they do not care about the people living there. Why is that? If we look at what happened in Iran when the Muslim Brotherhood took over, that should be enough evidence that the Muslim Brotherhood is not the "right choice" for Egypt (whatever "right choice" means anyway...if you're talking about serving the interests of the United States, then perhaps, in terms of the humanitarian front that they have for their involvement, then absolutely not). I guess we'll just watch and see what happens.
    May God protect us and our brothers and sisters in Egypt during these difficult times.

Well yes, obviously this is the case for everything America does. It's over 14 trillion in debt, so it's not just gonna do something for the "good" of mankind. It's sad how America helps Libya run after a single man (ghadafi) and wastes millions of dollars doing so when there is a whole lot more than one man dying in the country right next to it. May God have mercy, as it only comes from Him alone.