Hello:)

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi everyone
I am new to this site as you can probably see  :)
I also started a youtube (alhan) channel with one practice video
its pretty bad quality sound but feedback would be greatly appreciated
heres the link

thanks people
:D

Comments

• Welcome to the site, brother.

I listened to the recording - you have an amazing voice. May you continue to use it for the glory of God.

As you said, the quality of the recording was low. Once you fix that it will be much better.

Please don't take this the wrong way but what is the point of the Youtube channel? I mean there are several recordings that one can find of other cantors chanting these hymns. . .what are you adding?

I ask you because I never understood, and maybe you can help me understand, why people record hymns for teaching purposes when they already exist.

Thanks.
  • Hello Andrew :)
    thanks for your reply.
    I totally see where you are coming from.
    This video isn't meant to be instructional at all.
    The reason for this recording is actually a desire i have had for a while and i thought maybe some others have had it too. I definately can't compare myself to any of the great mo3alemeen but after learning many hymns,i have had this desire to hear it in a more natural setting rather than instructional.For example, personally i prefer listening to liturgies and hymns that were recorded without anyone knowing as it gives a natural feel that i prefer to listen to more than studio recorded hymns and such.
    I'm not sure if my point was clear at all lol im generally not too great with words.
    thanks for your feedback,it was greatly appreciated
  • Yeah, brother you are being very clear  :)

I too like hymns that are recorded "naturally" (as you say). So, you cleared up my confusion about why people record hymns 'live' or without the intent to teach. . .

But why do people record hymns for the purposes of instruction when they already exist? Obviously you don't know each person's intention so I'm just asking for your opinion I guess.

Thanks again.
  • Cool! Just uploading some of the coptic hymns from sites like tasbeha to youtube would be good, so people can search and stream them more easily.

But yeah, as you mentioned sound quality definitely could be improved. What are you recording with?
  • That was recorded on my phone