Maradat el Shamas Faray7ee !!

Salam w ne3ma
Where can I find the Deacon's response in Altar (Maradat el Shamas) but only Faray7ee?

is there a link? i want to memorize them cuz I will have to serve fel Heikal during Christmas :)

Thanks for your help =]

Ireenee nem ehmot

Comments

• There isn't really a "Fara7ee" responses for the alter. Unless you are talking about the long hymns, such as Tove higen during matins prayer, the long Ispateer, the long Tove hina, the long Aspazesthe, the long Pinishti, evshes (if your church says it at all), and the long confession at the end. Theses hymns aren't considered fara7ee at all but are long in length so they are saved for the big occasions, like Christmas.
  • [quote author=Tenacpi esna onkh link=topic=12479.msg146250#msg146250 date=1319036608]
    Salam w ne3ma
    Where can I find the Deacon's response in Altar (Maradat el Shamas) but only Faray7ee?

is there a link? i want to memorize them cuz I will have to serve fel Heikal during Christmas :)

Thanks for your help =]

Ireenee nem ehmot

Putting aside your question for a moment, how do you know you will be serving in the sanctuary on the Nativity? I am impressed by the organization of your church's chanters. We don't know who will be serving this Sunday!
  • For Farayhee responses, you just have to end the response with the farayhee response:  a aaaa a aaaa....or e eeee e eeee...or i iiii i iiii or o oooo o oooo or u uuuu u uuuu.

Example:

wa yaghfir lana khataya aaaa a aaaa na

It's not difficult at all.
  • http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Nativity/2005_Liturgy_at_Cathedral.html

2nd track from 2:02-2:11.

And it's: wih yaghfer lana khatayaaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa na. I'm guessing ILSM attends the fast liturgies with the anchorites.

Just kidding.
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=12479.msg146281#msg146281 date=1319095656]
    Putting aside your question for a moment, how do you know you will be serving in the sanctuary on the Nativity? I am impressed by the organization of your church's chanters. We don't know who will be serving this Sunday!

we have the same set up; schdule for those who will serve in every sunday. Also one for major feasts.
  • In our church we have a schedule for the Sundays, but for feasts its just random.
  • I tried to set up the same system at my church before. The problem was those scheduled to serve didn't show up on their day. . .so it ended up being just random picking before the Offering of the Lamb!
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=12479.msg146261#msg146261 date=1319054619]
    There isn't really a "Fara7ee" responses for the alter.

There is, it has a special ending.

[quote author=Andrew link=topic=12479.msg146281#msg146281 date=1319095656]

We have a schedule starting from Nairooz till the next nayrooz. A schedule with the Alter's servants and the Readers for the Liturgy for a whole Coptic Year.

[quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=12479.msg146284#msg146284 date=1319109355]
    For Farayhee responses, you just have to end the response with the farayhee response:  a aaaa a aaaa....or e eeee e eeee...or i iiii i iiii or o oooo o oooo or u uuuu u uuuu.

Example:

wa yaghfir lana khataya aaaa a aaaa na

It's not difficult at all.

Is there a link to practice it, I don't really remember how is it going..
  • Dear Danacbi `cnawnkh,
    Your best bet is to listen to some Gregorian liturgies on this website...
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • [quote author=Andrew link=topic=12479.msg146336#msg146336 date=1319174311]
    I tried to set up the same system at my church before. The problem was those scheduled to serve didn't show up on their day. . .so it ended up being just random picking before the Offering of the Lamb!

Well, that's exactly why the person who makes the schedules also built in a probation system, lol. I am dead serious, if you don't show up, then you get put on a list, and if you do it again without notifying that you will be gone that day, you won't be put on the schedule for three months. My priest approved this. You should try it, it boosted the deacons attendance, lol.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=12479.msg146413#msg146413 date=1319303198]
    [quote author=Andrew link=topic=12479.msg146336#msg146336 date=1319174311]
    I tried to set up the same system at my church before. The problem was those scheduled to serve didn't show up on their day. . .so it ended up being just random picking before the Offering of the Lamb!

Well, that's exactly why the person who makes the schedules also built in a probation system, lol. I am dead serious, if you don't show up, then you get put on a list, and if you do it again without notifying that you will be gone that day, you won't be put on the schedule for three months. My priest approved this. You should try it, it boosted the deacons attendance, lol.

Great idea. I don't want to take this thread off course but. . .

Two problems in my case:

1. The priest is a bit "soft"
    2. We have SO many chanters that when making a schedule you will be serving in the altar once every 4 months anyways. . .
  • For those who cannot spell the word ALTAR, should not be serving in the ALTAR.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=12479.msg146427#msg146427 date=1319315672]
    For those who cannot spell the word ALTAR, should not be serving in the ALTAR.

First, i thought i was the one who spelled it wrong.
    Second, no one can serve in the altar but they serve in the Sanctuary. The altar is the table....the Sanctuary is the entire place.
  • I was referring to the "Egyptian Colloquial":  "Serving in the Altar".
  • they still say Ekhdem fel-hekal and not Elmazbah.
  • The English of the "Egyptian Colloquial".