prayer before studying

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey guys, having a bit of trouble staying motivated in school.. does anyone have any good advice on how I can keep motivated? Maybe certain prayers before studying.. I feel like the amount of work has become more than I can handle, that God has given me more than I can handle and I just cant find motivation to do it....i need prayersss

Comments

• Try reading one short psalm every day before you begin hw/studying
  • In the name of the Holy Trinity, One God AMEN!

I wrote the prayer before studying in my Agenda book, it's very helpful!

Prayer Before Studying

Most blessed Lord, send the grace of Your Holy Spirit on me to strengthen me that I may learn well the subject I am about to study and by it become a better person for Your glory, the comfort of my family and the benefit of Your Church and our Nation. Amen

Christ, the true light, who enlightens and sanctifies every person coming into the world, let the light of Your countenance shine upon me (us) that I (we) may see Your unapprochable light; and guide my (our) steps in the way of Your commandments, through the intercessions of Your all-holy Mother and of all the Saints. Amen.

Prayer After Studying

I thank You, Lord our God, that again on this occasion You have opened my eyes to the light of Your wisdom. You have gladdened my heart with the knowledge of truth. I entreat You, Lord, help me always to do Your will. Bless my soul and body, my words and deeds. Enable me to grow in grace, virtue and good habits, that Your name may be glorified, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

May God Bless and help us all in our studies for the glory of His Holy name amen!
  • Thank you so much, that prayer is incredible, i saved it on my computer and will memorize.. thanks again God bless :):):)
  • Here is my favorite one:

Creator of all things, true source of light and wisdom, origin of all being, graciously let a ray of your light penetrate the darkness of my understanding.
    Take from me the double darkness in which I have been born, an obscurity of sin and ignorance.
    Give me a keen understanding, a retentive memory, and the ability to grasp things correctly and fundamentally.
    Grant me the talent of being exact in my explanations and the ability to express myself with thoroughness and charm.
    Point out the beginning, direct the progress, and help in the completion.  I ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

-St. Thomas Aquinas
  • That was also really amazing George Mina, thank you soo much