Are computer games with violence wrong

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Im asking coz everytime i play a game and my parents see the blood or thear the gunshot the chuck a syko.

Y???? i have no idea

Comments

• Personally, i dont think computer games with violence are wrong, as long as u dont waste too much time on it, and if u know it will not affect u. For instance, i just play a lot of violent computer games, and it wasted all my time and i started having dreams about killing people and going into war. It wasn't exactly giving me any inner peace shooting brains of people and monsters apart, so i quit playing these games. So if want to play, there's nothing wrong with it. Just dont overdo it and keep in mind:

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

• :) :) :)

Yes, im addicted to computer games{x-box,platstation,etc} as well.Im actually expecting the UPS guy to bring me ROBOTECH:INVASION today...lol ;D
    I try not to play games that have magic in them or that glorify Satan directly{some may argue what that means exactly}.I agree with Hos Erof about not spending all your time playing them.Im way to old to be playing these games but there just so much fun...lol ;D ;D ;D Give me HALO any day...lol
  • HALO rulezzzzzzzzzzzz ;D ;D ;D ;)
  • hay
    i find nothing wrong with games like that i find them fun
    if the blood is a problem u can turn it off. go to settings n do it thats what i do

GB
    FROG
    btw halo is boring
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HALO rulezzzzzzzzzzzz

Hos Erof,

You gonna get Halo 2! It was released yesterday and looks awesome!I cant believe it sold 100,000,000 dollars worth of copies on the first day released.Wow! What's our society coming to...lol
  • let me get this straight u guys r playing computer games while im sitting here studying >:(..hows is that fair!!! :) ;)

I dont really play with the games your talking about but i see my brothers play some "bloody" games sometimes and i just think they r scary :-\ :-X
  • ill tell u wat guys, such video games make you guys asbeyen (i dont know it in english, sorry :-\) when my bro n his friends play, they get toooo into the game. im sure that happens to all u guys too. try not to get obsessed. and trust other pple when they tell u it affects ur actions.
  • im sure that happens to all u guys too. try not to get obsessed. and trust other pple when they tell u it affects ur actions.

Your right,we can get obsessed!We need to be very careful and not let it gain control over our lives.And your also correct when you say it can affect our actions...can anyone say the words "OVERLY AGRESSIVE SYNDROME"...lol...
  • let me get this straight u guys r playing computer games while im sitting here studying ..hows is that fair!!!

;D ;D ;D

Sorry!It's not really fair is it...lol
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=740;start=0#msg14192 date=1100137335]
    let me get this straight u guys r playing computer games while im sitting here studying >:(..hows is that fair!!! :) ;)

ur not alone. i suffer too from homework/ brother-no-homework syndrome. life was never fair. sigh :'(
  • :( >:( WHO INVENTED HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD CRAWL IN A CORNER AND DO MINE!! ( lolx...btw guys i'm only kidding, i have a tendency to say who invented ____, who nvented running to, omgoodness, lolx)
    yes i'm an airhead....ok, back on earth....SMILE :) JESUS LUVS U!

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • Jfranklin, we understand eachother lol, halo 2 is awesome man, i just saw a review yesterday, and it's really amazing, u tried the new GTA btw? ;D
  • Jfranklin, we understand eachother lol, halo 2 is awesome man, i just saw a review yesterday, and it's really amazing, u tried the new GTA btw?

Halo2 does look fantastic!By GTA I surmise you mean "Grand Theft Auto".I've actually never played any of the GTA series thinking they went a little too far{ie. beating to death a prostitute}.That's a little too immoral for my taste{a little sick actually}...lol...I know its only make-believe...but still...

I quess I'm kind of a hypocrite since I play many violent games,warhammer 40k:dawn of war{maybe the best game I've played this year},Mechwarrior series etc,etc..I'm even looking forward to Killzone{another Halo like game}.I wonder what God really thinks about the games I play....?
  • hay
    i just watched a movie called Hells Bells
    well games like this can get addictive and slowly by slowly it knid of brainwashes u and u start doing what the games do say like steal or kill or swear whatever so try to occupy yourself with other stuff like i find them heaps fun but im kind of letting go i do play time to time but not as often

btw gta san andres isnt likr what u said Jfranklin i got it its pretty cool

GBU all
    pray 4 me FROG
  • btw gta san andres isnt likr what u said Jfranklin i got it its pretty cool

I was refering to the first game of the series and it does require you to kill a prostitute by beating her to death.Also the entire series has you doing immoral acts such as stealing,murder,etc. Things that are evil and contrary to Gods commands.I dont mind playing a game where I'm the hero,a hero who kills{not murders}the evil aliens or evil bad guys but I refuse to play a game that rewards evil behavior.That's a line I refuse to cross.
  • You know what, I like video games but sometimes I spend too much time on them and that time I could've actually spent on learning new hymns, or making glorfication or anything of that sort...oh by the way, today is Archangel Michael's feast and since my name is Michael today is one of the happiest days of the year.

Through the intercession of Archangel Michael, O Lord forgive us our sins.

Michael