Death

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys! i have a problem. recently one of my friends died. he was close to a lot of pple. im dealing with it. but im worried about some of my friends.
they believe that the person is going to come back from the dead. they truly believe that. they say they have dreams and signs from teh bible and religious books (like everytime they talk about the person, the word lazirus will show up) i keep on saying that these could be signs from the devil, but its no use. and i dont know wat to do anymore. im really worried guys! help please!

Comments

• hey anon,
    i am very sorry for your loss...i hope you yourself are ok and i noe how hard it is to lose someone... to be honest im not weirded out by what your friends are doing.....if i lost a person close to me i would freak out to...even be in denial...hope that GOD made a mistake...which of course he NEVER does...but i dont think they're sane right now...and when someone is down emotionally and mentally of the devil sneaks into our minds....just be there for them... i noe it is hard for you at this time...i trully hope you have someone helping you through this as well...try to reassure them that he is with GOD... we are selfish if we want to bring back someone who is in the arms of GOD... but i understand that they are in denial and are hoping for a miracle... they need to search for comfort from GOD...and i sounds as not the best advice seeing there state of mind...but its the only way....if they wont listen to you or a priest...they need to listen to GOD...but most of all just be there for them....it sounds as tho you're a great friend to them seeing how you care enough for them to seek advice....pray that GOd will help comfort all of you and that he will carry across this hurtful point of your lives....god bless you...and i will keep you and your friends in my prayers...god bless
  • umm its over 40 days now and they still think the person is coming back. im at lose at wat to do to them to make them move on with their life ( n i dont mean that in a bad way). its just that you should see the way the talk about the person coming back. The person was really suffering on earth and now they are in a better place; but they dont seem to understand that!

help!
  • im really sorry, may God console you and them. he is alive, in their hearts, and he will always be, but maybe it will help for them to visit his burial area, to really know that this is true. theyre obviousely still in denial, once they get out of denial, they'll be so sad. at least now they have some hope in their hearts. everyone has a different way of taking in changes, and they're just a little slower. try to get it into their heads that he won't rise from the dead.

a story, well, not really a story, but a thing that i once heard was that in heaven, everyone walked around with candles praising God or something like that. and there was this one person who would never go on the walks. so one day someone asked him why he never went on the walks carrying his candle, and he said, "well, i try every time. but then my candle gets put out from all the crying, so ive given up trying to walk." remind them that if he were alive, he wouldnt want to see them sad, and that it shouldnt be any different now. God bless you and them and may God guide you and console you.
  • One of the books that H.H. Pope Shenouda III wrote says on the very first page if you have faith as a mustard seed, you can resurrect the dead. And of course theres always the fact that Jesus resurrected Lazarous after he was dead and his body was rotting. Anything is possible. If it's in God's will, it'll happen. Who knows maybe God can bring him back but without any suffering...
  • did u ever consider that it's God who WANTS him and NEEDS him more than we do?
    he was His creation afterall.... NOT ours
  • guys i believe that he could come back ... i dont no if u heard about this story or not but if u didnt here it is ….. there is this lady her name is mary.. shes married and she has 2 kids.. God took her for 3 days when she was up there she asked God if she can take u communion and the angel heard her n said 2 her don’t say that cuz God is rite in front of u. so she went 2 talk 2 st.mary and shes like I cant read or write so st.mary was like when u open the bible ur goin 2 be able 2 read. So on the 3rd days she came back from the dead…. she lives in egypt and shes a nun kind of a thing like she doesnt really see her kids or her husband maybe she does but like once a month. anyway the point of this is that God can bring ppl back from the dead.. but u guys r gonna say oh that was 3 days but it doesn’t matter how many days it is… nothing is beyond Gods mind
  • im not gonna argue about signs that he is coming back or not. i dont think that is going to happen. i know he was well loved, but that is not an excuse to want someone to come back from being with Our Lord Jesus Christ. Living on earth is a lot of pain and misery, without any disease or sickness or anything.
  • Dear Anon, God be with you and your friends.
    First off, i'd like to tell you that God has power to raise people from the dead, but only if He wants to or it's in His plans for the sake of salvation for others. So, we still have to acknowledge God's power. BUT, WHEN A PERSON DIES, THEY ARE IN A WAITING PLACE . THEY CAN SEE YOU because they are spirits and really, the day they die, is day #1 of their life out of eternity. But, if your friends won't get that, you should tell them that story. It's a true story by the way.
    A monk was in his cell, while he heard a knock on the door. An angel came in and told him that his life on earth was ending. the angel looked so familiar as if he had been friends with him and lived with him. it was no surprise since it was his guardian angel. so, the monk asked the angel if he could take with him a paper and pen to record some of the things that will happen so that others may know of it and be prepared. and after recording it, if he can leave it in his cell for others to find when they discover that he died. so the angel agreed but told him to only write down the things that he was permitted to write, not everything he saw was allowed to be recorded. so, although he was a monk, he was so afraid, although he longed for that day to come when he was alive. he saw how his other fellow monks reacted. those that were happy for his death, he felt their happiness and those who cried, he also felt their sorrow and they couldn't se him even though he was trying totalk to them and comfort them. those who prayed for his mercy and were happy that he was in abeeter place, he said he could see them and they were lighting.He was led up out of the earth and rose higher with his angel. there he saw that he had a robe on him and he saw a few spirits also coming out of the earth with robes on them. the angel explained to him and told him, that the robe was his robe that he got during baptism. and the whiter and shinier it was, the better their life was led. those that weren't christians also had robes, but they obviously weren't baptised. the robes were their life and hoe pure it was. then the monk noticed that his robe, like the others had spots of black on them. the angel explained, these are the devils, each one according to the sin they made you fall into. the faces were the spots on the robe. the monk looked at his and said, i know some of them, but not all of them. so the angel said thats because they were sins that you repented from. also, the faces he could recognize, told on him to Christ and said, see what Your child did? but the monk said, you convinced me to do this, how can you tell on me now? then, a huge hole in the bottom had so much gravity that pulled onto him and the other spirits that were around him. the angel told him that because there were faces of devils on his robe, the hole was pulling on him. then the gravity got stronger and stronger and the monk cried out, IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, LORD SAVE ME IN YOUR NAME!. Then, Christ appeared to him and hugged him and with a drop of Christ's blood on the robe, his robe was was clean and bright. when the monk saw the other spirit falling into the hole, he screamed, say IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, LORD SAVE ME IN YOUR NAME! BUT THE SPIRIT DIDN'T COMPREHEND WHAT THE MONK SAID. SO THE ANGEL SAID, THAT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW CHRIST, THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. EVENTUALLY, THE MONK ASKED if he could go back to his life and fix up those things he did wrong. as an exception,he had a message to deliver to the people. he completely changed and was more holy and then his time came and went to Christ in His kingdom.May God rest his soul.

by this we learn that:
    1) God has power to choose to bring people back or not
    2) God has a message for everyone and only if you delivered the message you can go
    3) and finally, those that die are actually living in Christ and can see you because they're like angels or saints. ie, Saints can hear your prayer because they are alive in Christ.

tell them the story, but emphasize that this monk came back because his message was not fully delivered and when he deliverd it, after he did his job, he was going to Christ. don't let them grieve because the person that departed from their journey on earth to heaven will be upset that you don't want them to rest in peace with God.

+Glory be to God forever and Ever amen.+