Joyful Tune extension

Hi all,

I know that the joyful tune to which 'Kyrie Eleison' and all the responses are sung has an extension that is sometimes used ... does anyone have a recording of it? It's basically identical to the normal Farayhi tune, but it is slightly longer towards the end ...

Thanks,
Yours in Christ

Comments

• [quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=12369.msg144881#msg144881 date=1316429482]
    Hi all,

I know that the joyful tune to which 'Kyrie Eleison' and all the responses are sung has an extension that is sometimes used ... does anyone have a recording of it? It's basically identical to the normal Farayhi tune, but it is slightly longer towards the end ...

there really isn't an extension to the joyful people responses other than the normal.

i believe you are confusing this with the oblations way (el-karabeen). it is exactly like the festive and then extended. but it is not to be said all the time......on in specific parts like the litany of the oblations in matins, after eklinomen ta ghonata and matins litanies in lent.....maybe some places in Saint Cyril's in liturgy but that might be a specific teaching and not the official.