Im having problems

edited November 2004 in Faith Issues
[glow=green,2,300]In The Name Of the Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit Amen[/glow]

my father of confessions is currently in the hospital and he is unable to be with me for 6 weeks. i have a few problems i need help with
  • im having problems in school, i want to be cool, but to achieve that i must think unpure thoguhts and do bad things, therfore not many people respect me, how can i be cool but stay with god?
  • i am not feeling that spirtual connection i had with god before, iam not a bad person but, im not the best eithier, i onyl swear once in a while, and i ahve changed most of the bad things i ahve done, i take communion thoguh i know i have sin in me, if i tell people no theyll think something is worng or ask why, and ill say becuase i sin too muh, therfore people will be concerned about me, should i still talk communion?
  • i fell embarassed tellibng my father of confession my sins, they seem kind of very very bad to him and me myself too what can i do to make myself feel better about myself and nto be embarssed to tell him this stuff??
thanks so much
gbu

Comments

• somebody please! ???
  • first off, im sorry about ur Father of Confession and i hope he gets better soon. i dont know if ur church only has one priest, or are blessed wit many churches, if you are maybe you can talk to another priest until he recovers. you can still be cool wit out acting like every1 else and doing bad things. You have to think about which is more important, being cool and school or in God's eyes. i dont kno wut kind of things they want u to do but there are ways of getting around it. hey i kno im cool lol and i sin but i dont follow the crowd...gotta go but i hope it all works out :) and i will pray for u.
  • hey ... k seriously the new cool thing now is to be a good christian. First of who cares what they think, if they are true friends they will except u for who u are. and its never to late to change your ways. Also ppl will respect u more when you have your own opinion about things, and they will respect you if you don't always follow them. DOn't make them control you or change your mind about anythign that you think is right, because in the end God is going to judge you on your deeds and not them. Also be another walk jesus on earth, be nice to everyone and if they are not nice to you, pray for them. YOur prayers can move the mountain ;D... it is hard to live in the world because there is so much evil in the world but JEsus tells us that we can overcoe the world, just like he has. Also you are different because you are not just anybody, U are the daughter/son of christ (GOD!) u know what that means... that is an honor and we should be proud of that... and we should all practice being bulletins of jesus. We represent christianity and we have to represent it right, because we can change ppl's lives if we do, and you'll be surprised about how many people you can convert.. without talking to them about christ, but just by your actions. By a simple smile you can change someone's day .. so how about by your love, and the Christ that is inside you? .. which can change nations. don't worry no one is perfect. but we are sent on a mission to become perfect. The only way to go to heaven is by being pure because heaven is pure, therefore don't worry about being cool, but worry about being pure because our lives are not long, and it is hard to reach perfection.. but NOTHING is immposible, by the help of God we can do all things. : "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
    Philippians 4:13

so please have faith that God will lead you through the toughest times and trust me nothing is more cool than being yourself 8)
  • hello roaming,

dont u have more than 1 abounas at ur COC?
    coz 1 abouna at my church says u can go confession with any abouna in the church.....and if its not possible u can go to any abouna even if u dont no him...
    for example wen u go overseas....?!

and yeh u sholdent feel embarresed coz yeh and just spit it out and think that others have done worse ...tho thats not true...but possibly true...

yeh
    gtg
    Bye

GB
  • [glow=green,2,300]In The Name Of the Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit Amen[/glow]

i have 2 now at my coc, i dream of becoming one in a few years

i have another problem, like the other subject i feel that my friends dont respect me what should i do?
  • Roaming,
    you bring up very important issues that everybody nowadays has to deal with.

First, being cool. Wasn't too long ago I was in school, and its kinda hard to find out what is "cool" When I was hanging out with a group of friends, I was "cool" with them, but another group may think otherwise and vice versa. What I am trying to day here is surround yourself with good Christian friends from your church that go to the same school. You know what they say, there is power in numbers.

As for your father of confession, it is not a good idea to change, but you can have as many spiritual advisors as you want. These are people who are wise and maybe able to guide you. You can always find somone (doesnt have to be a priest, your sunday school teacher or head servant) in your church and ask for guidence. It helps.

Communion is one of the most important things for your spiritual life. Next time you talk to your FOC tell him about this issue with communion. My FOC told me once, don't wait to stop sin to start taking communion, but start taking communion to stop sin. Also, who do you think that approches the alter and takes communion is free from sin? Every one sins and NO-ONE is worthy of taking communion, but because of the grace of God we take it. These are just some thoughts, but defently discuss this with your FOC.

Being to Embaressed to confess, I don't know anybody who wouldn't be. The problem is we all sin, and when we are doing it, the devil keeps telling us that no-one will know. Then comes the point to confess and we start thinking now I have to tell him this? Belive me, we all have been there, I know I am. Just understand that if you curse, you are not the only one, chances are at least 10 people today told abouna the same thing. A priest once told me that after somone confesses a sin, God forgives him and forgets the sin, God will make the priest forget the sin too. Also, ask God for help to encourge you and help you confess. Ask your FOC to pray with you before confession, it helps. Finally, I think that the embaressment factor is one of the advantages of confessing. Its one of those psychological ways of doing things. Even time I am about to repeat a sin, I start thinkin, Man, I told abouna I won't do it again, I should stop. it kinda servs as a reminder.

Sorry for the long post, I hope it helps. Pray for me
  • [glow=green,2,300]In The Name Of The Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit Amen.[/glow]

I am surrounded by people who have girlfriends and boyfriends and i want to have, i ask god to help me and he does, but, i would like having one bcuz i have slow danced with one before, only as friends though, and im trying to focuss on god only.......
  • im having problems in school, i want to be cool, but to achieve that i must think unpure thoguhts and do bad things, therfore not many people respect me, how can i be cool but stay with god?

Well, I was like that a while ago too and unfortunately, I did leave God for them but he managed to bring me back even though it hit me real hard. It may seem that what you do is not leaving God when you're just making some new friends but that's all that it seems like at first..and once you get into it, things get real bad. When I started hanging out with these people, it was just for pure intentions but it soon turned into very serious issues..they started smoking and doing a whole bunch of other things that were very wrong and I felt that I soon would be doing that..thank God that he created a fight among us that hit me hard with who they really were. They always talked about each other to me and soon it was becoming obvious that they were talking about me too. A huge fight broke out and although it happend many times and we talked again, I met people from my church who would save me from going back to these people and brought me back to reality. I realized the many ways that God was trying to show me these things and how blinded I was by their outside appearance. Now, when I see them, I feel so grateful for not being with them because now they do unbelievable things. So, don't try to be cool. You are cool. Cool is not having a boyfriend and drinking when you're 14..it really isn't..but people seem to misunderstand that. Don't worry though, you will meet people who are like you and you won't feel the need to be cool among anyone else..If you savior is not accepted, what makes you think that you are? Besides, it's a great blessing to suffer for Christ who suffered much more for us. He died for us so we must live for him and only him. Jesus also said that if they persecuted him, they will persecute us also. In these times we may not literally die for Christ but we die of the world. "For those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with all its passions and desires." God bless.

• 2 words: Peer Pressure
    2 answers:

1. Ignore the temptations.
    2. follow the Lord Jesus Christ

Mike
  • [quote author=$herry link=board=1;threadid=782;start=0#msg14266 date=1100217504]
    hello roaming,

dont u have more than 1 abounas at ur COC?
    coz 1 abouna at my church says u can go confession with any abouna in the church.....and if its not possible u can go to any abouna even if u dont no him...
    for example wen u go overseas....?!

and yeh u sholdent feel embarresed coz yeh and just spit it out and think that others have done worse ...tho thats not true...but possibly true...

hay roaming
    if u feel embaressed to tell you confession father write it on a piece of paper and show him, if he thinks bad stuff bout you write your sins on a paper give it to the abouna who is praying and put in on the alter after thats like confession but without face-to-face

hoped it helped
    anewayz ill b here praying for you anyway
    may God bless and guide you
    pray 4 me
    FROG

yeh
    gtg
    Bye

GB
  • hey,
    I am sorry about abouna's sickness and may God bring him back to us healthy. I believe we all go through a stage especially in the school years where we want to be "cool and accpeted".. remember something.. friendship with the world is emnity with God.. you can not have both.. God said chose the narrow road.. not the easy road.. God willing in a few years when those "friends" or ppl at school are not around you, you will be able to see clearly what it really means to be "cool".. You must first know that you are cool just the way you are.. God created you the way you are.. your thoughts, the way you look everything.. if he wanted you to be someone else, He would have created somebody else.. Second of all I dont' know if you know this true story.. there was this abouna who's son had recently been murdered. As the years went by that abouna as he was taking confessions, one man was confessing and said.. abouna I I have COMMITTED MURDER and the guy I killed was an abouna's son ( not knowing he was talking to the his father).. abouna prayed for him and took his confession like anyone else, knowing he was talking to his son's murder!.. beleive me it cant' get much worse than that.. they have seen it all and heard it all.. remember they are humans as well they feel a lot of feelings we feel, they fight the same battles we fight!so beleive me the devil will make you think that your sins are the worst to get you not to confess. dont' let the devil win!