How do you type in Coptic (or any other language) on the forum?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• It changes all the time, but what I'm doing now is [ font=cs avva shenouda ] type whatever you want, then [ /font ]. Just omit the spaces before and after the square parentheses... hope you can view it in English, not Coptic...
    Oujai
  • Thanks, ophadece.
  • }sephmot ntotk emasw emasw
  • [quote author=imikhail link=topic=12149.msg143514#msg143514 date=1313967341]
    }sephmot ntotk emasw emasw

Translation? I don't know Coptic that well but I feel like a jinkim is missing somewhere. . .

I hope you don't type all your posts in Coptic now!  :)
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=12149.msg143515#msg143515 date=1313968341]
    [quote author=imikhail link=topic=12149.msg143514#msg143514 date=1313967341]
    }sephmot ntotk emasw emasw

Translation? I don't know Coptic that well but I feel like a jinkim is missing somewhere. . .

I hope you don't type all your posts in Coptic now!  :)

Oh no. The translation is "Thank you very very much". I was just testing and it works beautifully. I do not know how to insert the jinkim.

• Not at all my dear. Jinkim is the rightmost top key on your keyboard...
    Oujai
  • Sorry the leftmost top key...
    Oujai
  • gdkdkkdkkd
  • which is coptic for 'i am happy i found the jinkim key on my computer'...
    ;)
  • twbh ejen   (this is not the answer)
  • I am happy = :ra]i
    or = ]an
    I rejoice = ;ounof
  • [quote author=Tenacpi esna onkh link=topic=12149.msg143538#msg143538 date=1314049250]
    I am happy = [ font=athanasius ] :ra]i [ /font ]
    or = [ font=athanasius ] ]an [ /font ]
    I rejoice = [ font=athanasius ] ;ounof [ /font ]

Testing:

:ra]i

]an

;ounof
  • How do you replace a hyperlink with text instead of the full url?
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=12149.msg143548#msg143548 date=1314066198]
    How do you replace a hyperlink with text instead of the full url?

Although your question belongs in another thread, I'll just answer it.

[url=place url here]Type what your want to display here[/url]

• @ mabsoota, there you go:
    ]rasi e;be je aijemf pisost `njinkim qen taylektronikoc upologictyc
    I am happy because I found (it) the key of jinkim in my electronic computer. By the way, that is a Greek word that came to be used only very recently. There are other variants, but no standardisation as yet for these new words, as has been discussed before. You may use upologictyc only, but I can't remember if it was used on its own or not. I don't know even the usage in Greek, but maybe someone else can comment on that. All I can say is that it is used this way on other Coptic forums...
    Oujai qen P[C