Can someone please find with me some answers about St. Mary

Who was the angel of Annunciation? and who was the angel of the nativity/Christmas/ el milad? (i think they are supposed to be different )?

What proves that St. Mary was poor? like 3 things?

how long did Mary stayed at Elizabeth? and then where did she return back? What verses from the bible states so?

Comments

• [quote author=Tenacpi esna onkh link=topic=12028.msg142927#msg142927 date=1312982284]
    Who was the angel of Annunciation? and who was the angel of the nativity/Christmas/ el milad? (i think they are supposed to be different )?

[b]According to the Church Tradition and the Bible it is Archangel Ghabriel the announcer of Nativity.[/b]

What proves that St. Mary was poor? like 3 things?

She was living on the donations of temple. She had no one to take care of her after reaching her legal age to leave the temple, and she offered doves and pigeons the sacrifice of the poor for circumcision.

How long did Mary stayed at Elizabeth? and then where did she return back? What verses from the bible
    states so?

Three months .. Luke 1:56
  • According to Luke 1, it was Archangel Gabriel who announced the Jesus' nativity to the Virgin, not Archangel Raphael.

Tenaspi, are you talking about the Annunciation of the Jesus' birth to St Mary or St Mary's birth to Joachim?

Facts not found in the Gospel of St Luke are hard to qualify. Most of the details that have been passed down, like St Mary's poverty or the choosing of Joseph the Carpenter for her, is taken from apocryphal manuscripts like the Protoevangelium of James and the Infancy Gospel. Their validity is questionable.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12028.msg143314#msg143314 date=1313679259]
    According to Luke 1, it was Archangel Gabriel who announced the Jesus' nativity to the Virgin, not Archangel Raphael.

Tenaspi, are you talking about the Annunciation of the Jesus' birth to St Mary or St Mary's birth to Joachim?

Facts not found in the Gospel of St Luke are hard to qualify. Most of the details that have been passed down, like St Mary's poverty or the choosing of Joseph the Carpenter for her, is taken from apocryphal manuscripts like the Protoevangelium of James and the Infancy Gospel. Their validity is questionable.

I am totally sorry for the messup. I meant Ghabriel not Raphael.

Thanks Reminkimi for catching it. I changed it to Ghabriel.
  • Apocryphal manuscripts like the Protoevangelium of James may not contain the absolute Truth but they do contain some historic events that are passed down from generation to generation and may be corroborated through the Church Fathers writings. So, I would not dismiss them totally (not that you say so Reminkimi)