Atai Parthenos

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Does anyone have a recording of Atai Parthenos in Arabic?

Comments

• Why do we want to abandon Coptic? This is our heritage that we need to preserve.
  • I CANNOT stand this site anymore! I knew the second I read this request that this would be the first and only response that he would receive. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. Our salvation is in Christ, not our language.

You were not asked for your opinion, just like many other aren't asked for their opinions on a million other threads. This website has become almost useless when it comes to forums.

Sorry, I'm just venting. But honestly, it's unbelievable sometimes. Ugh!
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=12020.msg142855#msg142855 date=1312915988]
    I CANNOT stand this site anymore! I knew the second I read this request that this would be the first and only response that he would receive. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. Our salvation is in Christ, not our language.

You were not asked for your opinion, just like many other aren't asked for their opinions on a million other threads. This website has become almost useless when it comes to forums.

This is funny  ... if no one asked for your opinion why did you give it?

• Our salvation is in Christ, not our language.

What does this have to do with preserving our language and our heritage?
  • Oh it is not me that wants the Arabic, it is one of my sunday school servants that wants it. I will chant it in coptic every liturgy during the fast:)
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=12020.msg142855#msg142855 date=1312915988]
    I CANNOT stand this site anymore! I knew the second I read this request that this would be the first and only response that he would receive. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. Our salvation is in Christ, not our language.

I don't see a link to the arabic version of Atai Parthenos in this post.
  • [quote author=imikhail link=topic=12020.msg142853#msg142853 date=1312915691]
    Why do we want to abandon Coptic? This is our heritage that we need to preserve.

I love coptic and I also get very annoyed when people don't use coptic or convert everything we say in coptic to english. My church actually has a liturgy where everything, even the hiteniet and resureciton procession hymns. Their reasoning is a verse that was posted in the "Speaking in Tongues" today post:

"Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say? For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified." 1 Corinthians 14:13-17

I do not like attending this liturgy since it makes people lazy to not learn to read or understand Coptic which will definitely risk it being lost in the future. I am also against Coptic-English especially in Alhan Classes. All children should be taught and know Coptic by High School. I am still confused on why it is not taught.
  • This page has the words in Arabic, though the actual recording is in Coptic. I know it's not quite what you're looking for, but I don't know how these things work, if it is adaptable in Arabic to the same melody or not.
  • Thanks copticuser20,
    Tolerance and welcoming converts in the Coptic church is exactly the same (for some, or maybe many) giving up on Coptic altogether... well, sometimes it is not even tolerance and welcoming converts, but it is just laziness, and lack of discipline as Remenkimi and ilovesaintmark once taught us...
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=12020.msg142840#msg142840 date=1312909391]
    Does anyone have a recording of Atai Parthenos in Arabic?

Here it is in Cotic and Arabic,

Video, http://www.mediafire.com/?t5pww51bna0rdw2
    Audio, http://www.mediafire.com/?1l3g8y22d5b28bc

Pray for me
    Gerges