the problems i have had and i know i have said this before

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
this time i mean it i am done with Christianity my life has been destroyed church goers talking about me for no reason abouna always telling me the same answer well goodbye Christianity 

Comments

• Who are you intending to follow with your Christianity: The people who go to your church, or God who is always in it even if everyone else there is a jerk?

If the worst thing that happens in your life is gossip then God has already given you a much easier life than you realize. You should praise Him and thank Him endlessly, and not abandon your faith in Him just because things are difficult. I know that this is much easier said than done (I am having an especially hard time with it right now myself), but really ask yourself: Am I God's servant, or a fair weather friend?

Read Psalm 27, specifically verses 10-14 ("When my father and my mother forsake me..."). This seems like it was written especially for you and your situation.

God bless you and keep you, Bigeee.
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:10-13

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:33

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Mark 8:38

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26

But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. Luke 12:9
  • I feel this is a sad reason to let go of Christ, me and my family have first and foremost experience with gossip in the church (just as many other families) and my eldest brother has abandoned faith because of his experience with the church and I agree that the gossip and the stares can be gruesome and harsh it just becomes cruel harassment quite frankly but Christ's words in Luke 14:27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple."this clearly shows that we are expected to endure what is given to us with pure faith and hope and that our circumstances are sufficient for us because God's mercy is always upon us, Christ endured more than gossip for your sake, if I may say have you forgotten the reason why you became a Christian to begin with? we must also remember that everything and everyone may very well be labeled as Christian but may not show forth the image of Christ, I think there is a deeper issue of a why you feel the way you feel and I think it is unfair to yourself and God to blame your problems solely on Christianity, we must endure as Christ endured
    -God guide and bless you :)
  • please people talk then things get screwed up then it is the will of god and i am not just talking about the girl i am speaking about life in general  even abouna same thing he tells me all the time its really sicking to hear the same answer  to me right now abouna is a  human who commits the sins we commit

let me not get to this because i have seen it first hand abounas are not god chosen but church politics and financees are what goes into these decisons

thats beside the point the point is everyone judges then everything for me gets ruined then in the end no one cares then the easy thing to say its gods will

so gods will is to get screwed over and accept it is his will which it clearly is not

i am not saying i have never judged we all judge but the point it has reached with me its unbelivable  like who are these people who do they think they are

• bigggie you sent me this text message earlier that is not right
  • how is it not right? i am sick of it
  • I hope the Lord will water your seed soon so that you may grow stronger in His bosom.

GBU