I'M SHUTTING UP FOREVER

Due to my excessive ignorance, extreme stupidity, pride, and deep psychological issues, I have chosen to shut my big mouth forever (pertaining to ignorant and stupid comments, as well as anything requiring even the least amount of wisdom, considering that the act of complete silence is not feasible).

Please pray for my ignorance,
GODlovesme

Comments

• You see Ioannes, wishes do come true! (I couldn't help it!)

On a serious note, if all the ignorant, stupid, prideful, and those with deep psychological issues shut up that would include about 99% of people (myself included).

There is nothing wrong with questioning and talking. We all just need to listen more.

• Love is brave GODlovesme. Love those who persecute you. Try not to respond by running. You only have to prove yourself to GOD.
  • Does this mean that I will have to do the same? I have all the same faults as GLM listed, and probably in greater proportion. Maybe we should all be quiet, to learn the value of silence and to choose our words carefully. I know I could stand to learn that as often as possible.
  • i already knew GODlovesme was the one who made this thread when i saw the title...not the first time  :D
  • "TALK AND SILENCE
    One may talk much, so he loses the virtues of silence, thinking and contemplating. And one may remain silent and loses the advantage of the word of benefit, the word of consolation, the word of advice and also loses witnessing
    for the truth. As for the integral man, he knows when to remain silent and when to talk.
    He does not remain silent when it is good to talk, and does not talk when it is good to remain silent.

When he is silent, it is by wisdom. And when he talks, it is for a benefit.
    He controls the two matters together and uses each of them at its good time."
    -The Spiritual Man by H.H. Pope Shenouda III
  • This is a rather loud way of announcing to the world that you intend to remain quiet; don't you think.  ;)
  • :-X  :-X  :-X
    (me too!)
  • I also opt for 'Speech is silver,Silence is golden' as my golden rule.
  • [quote author=LifeInDeath link=topic=11646.msg139769#msg139769 date=1308321490]
    This is a rather loud way of announcing to the world that you intend to remain quiet; don't you think.  ;)

I agree with lifeindeath, I don't see the point in this thread.  ???
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11646.msg139758#msg139758 date=1308299177]
    You see Ioannes, wishes do come true! (I couldn't help it!)

On a serious note, if all the ignorant, stupid, prideful, and those with deep psychological issues shut up that would include about 99% of people (myself included).

There is nothing wrong with questioning and talking. We all just need to listen more.

For a person that jumps to conclusions you sure give a LOT of advice. Hypocrite.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11646.msg139828#msg139828 date=1308381214]
    [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11646.msg139758#msg139758 date=1308299177]

For a person that jumps to conclusions you sure give a LOT of advice. Hypocrite.

Will I deny that I am a hypocrite? Certainly not!

I live in hypocrisy everyday of my life. Am I proud of it? No. Do I try to be sincere about what I believe and display that through my actions? Of course. Do I fall short over and over? You bet I do.

I tell others to fast, yet I eat like a glutton.
    I advise others to pray, yet I hardly open my agpeya.
    I say the church services are important, yet I only show up when I can.
    I preach repentance and confession, yet I haven't seen my FoC in quite some time.
    I tell the youth to pick up their bibles, while I neglect mine.
    I say the Fathers' words should be cherished, yet I know not what they say.
    I believe humility is the most precious virtue, yet daily I boast in my accomplishments.
    I say we should emulate Christ, yet my life looks more like that of an atheist.
    I tell the acolytes to get to church early, and I come just before the gospel reading.
    I say we should be the last to speak, yet I am the first to shout.
    I say we need to listen more, while I ignore my brothers and sisters.
    I believe in prudence, yet all my actions are rash.
    I love the hymns, yet know not what they mean. . .Oh how long this list could be!

Dearest Ioannes, your assessment of me is 100% correct. I am a hypocrite of the worst sort; the one that knows it and continues in his hypocrisy. How disgusting before the Lord?! Day after day, week after week, I type up these posts, stand before my Sunday school children, and preach to anyone who will listen. A babbler, I am.

So shall I cease speaking? Shall I cease posting? Shall I cease giving advise? I must. As long as I remain in my sin, it is the only option lest I heap a greater condemnation upon myself.

This has been stirring in my heart for quite some time. All I do is talk - no action. It's time to remain silent and act.

Pray for me, brother.
  • [quote author=+iloveJesus link=topic=11646.msg139765#msg139765 date=1308308145]
    "TALK AND SILENCE
    One may talk much, so he loses the virtues of silence, thinking and contemplating. And one may remain silent and loses the advantage of the word of benefit, the word of consolation, the word of advice and also loses witnessing
    for the truth. As for the integral man, he knows when to remain silent and when to talk.
    He does not remain silent when it is good to talk, and does not talk when it is good to remain silent.

When he is silent, it is by wisdom. And when he talks, it is for a benefit.
    He controls the two matters together and uses each of them at its good time."
    -The Spiritual Man by H.H. Pope Shenouda III

:)
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11646.msg139830#msg139830 date=1308382832]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11646.msg139828#msg139828 date=1308381214]
    [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11646.msg139758#msg139758 date=1308299177]

Will I deny that I am a hypocrite? Certainly not!

I live in hypocrisy everyday of my life. Am I proud of it? No. Do I try to be sincere about what I believe and display that through my actions? Of course. Do I fall short over and over? You bet I do.

I tell others to fast, yet I eat like a glutton.
    I advise others to pray, yet I hardly open my agpeya.
    I say the church services are important, yet I only show up when I can.
    I preach repentance and confession, yet I haven't seen my FoC in quite some time.
    I tell the youth to pick up their bibles, while I neglect mine.
    I say the Fathers' words should be cherished, yet I know not what they say.
    I believe humility is the most precious virtue, yet daily I boast in my accomplishments.
    I say we should emulate Christ, yet my life looks more like that of an atheist.
    I tell the acolytes to get to church early, and I come just before the gospel reading.
    I say we should be the last to speak, yet I am the first to shout.
    I say we need to listen more, while I ignore my brothers and sisters.
    I believe in prudence, yet all my actions are rash.
    I love the hymns, yet know not what they mean. . .Oh how long this list could be!

Dearest Ioannes, your assessment of me is 100% correct. I am a hypocrite of the worst sort; the one that knows it and continues in his hypocrisy. How disgusting before the Lord?! Day after day, week after week, I type up these posts, stand before my Sunday school children, and preach to anyone who will listen. A babbler, I am.

So shall I cease speaking? Shall I cease posting? Shall I cease giving advise? I must. As long as I remain in my sin, it is the only option lest I heap a greater condemnation upon myself.

This has been stirring in my heart for quite some time. All I do is talk - no action. It's time to remain silent and act.

Pray for me, brother.

Hey! There is a tarniema about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjfH0hihvEs
    Ba2oel li gheerie 3an gamal we 7anan yasou3a, we a5alie gheerie toub we yebkie be demoe3a.
    Bas raghm kalami 3ano ma3rafosh. Aywa betkalam 3aley we mabakalimoesh.

we in yoom fata7t kalam we ga3ni we hazinie.
    We sema3t sout, bey2olie toeb... beghayar el mawdo3a.

It says that the singer tells about the beauty and kindness of Jesus, and that that person who is told it, repents with tears, but in spite of his/ her (the singer) words about Jesus he doesn't know Jesus by himself. He talks about him but he doesn't talk to Jesus self.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean anything to you or someone else, it's more about myself. I love your words, I feel exactly the same! And your words just remind me of this song.  ;)