The host levitates at a Cathloc holy mass in Lourdes ( in 1999)?

edited June 2011 in Random Issues
Has anyone heard about this before..It looks real.

The host appears to levitate during a televised holy mass in lourdes, France.

A closer look and video description:

Comments

• It would seem that the large wafer bowed into a bowl shape at some point in the mass and therefore the edges 'appeared' to hover above the paten. The fact that none of the celebrants showed any sign of surprise or astonishment suggests that they did not see the wafer levitate at all.

There is a still here which shows the large wafer has a bowed shape - due to heat and/or humidity during the televised mass.

http://www.tonyassante.com/renzoallegri/eucar/titoli/7.htm

You can see in this image that it is not actually hovering at all but that the centre of the wafer is in contact with the paten.

Father Peter
  • I do that with my cereal in the morning.  I use the "nonfat  light milk".

• Fr Peter, I thought I saw the host rising at exactly 0.05 - 0:07 min of this video : If you pause the clip at 0:07 min, you could see (at least I believe I see it) enough space between the paten and the host to see through the bishops cloth.The host's centre doesnt appear to have a bowed shape at this stage.The fact that the bishops do not react made me think,they were quite used to miracles in that part of France or elsewhere.I wish it is a miracle,though.  
  • every day, God brings new mercies into our lives. there are miracles everywhere.
    it is once we see the miracle of the forgiveness God has given us, started loving God, our brothers and our enemies that our spiritual eyes will be opened.

as we gaze into the Holy Bible and study the lives of the saints, we will see how we should live.
    as we spend time in God's presence, care for others and accept suffering, we will see the supernatural work of God everywhere.

the more you get close to God, the less you need to see miracles. then when you do see miracles, you won't be surprised. if our faith is based only on miracles, it is not strong.
  • You only have to read round the catholic web to see that there was not mention of a miracle at the time, and no suggestion by the bishops there was a miracle, and no response of surprise or reverence at such a miracle, and lots of people have slowed down and blown up the image to show that there is not a time when it hovers clearly. The bishops involved are apparently not so traditional and therefore most unlikely to be used to miracles.

And in any case, this is not in our Orthodox Church. Whatever this is God will be the judge.

Why wish that it was a miracle? The real miracle is that the Word of God becomes the Bread of Life for us on the altar. Do not allow that true miracle to be devalued by seeking after the spectacular.

Pray for me, and God bless you
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=11543.msg138973#msg138973 date=1307136653]

Why wish that it was a miracle? The real miracle is that the Word of God becomes the Bread of Life for us on the altar. Do not allow that true miracle to be devalued by seeking after the spectacular.

This really settles it, I think, and what's more applies to any situation where "miracles" are the subject of discussion or controversy. Thank you, Father.
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=11543.msg138973#msg138973 date=1307136653]
    You only have to read round the catholic web to see that there was not mention of a miracle at the time, and no suggestion by the bishops there was a miracle, and no response of surprise or reverence at such a miracle, and lots of people have slowed down and blown up the image to show that there is not a time when it hovers clearly. The bishops involved are apparently not so traditional and therefore most unlikely to be used to miracles.

And in any case, this is not in our Orthodox Church. Whatever this is God will be the judge.

Pray for me, and God bless you

Amen to that! Thanks Fr Peter.

Mabsotta, I could not have said it any better.Thanks for your insight.