Life is NOT FAIR...!! What is your life like?

2»

Comments

• [quote author=mjoe80 link=board=13;threadid=4687;start=15#msg64220 date=1165035869]
    The world is satan's.

i disagree with this point, God created this earth and all that is on it, you need to differentiate between tests from God and temptation from the devil

and forgetting that god even exsists!

i dont think you could forget God's existence altho one tends to question him and what is his plan for you exactly
  • of coarse its not really satans but he has power over those who don't believe and the people who are lost which is sad to say a lot of people so in a way the world is his. remember we are just visitors here on earth this is our home.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • You need Jesus.
    lol im just kidding

Like everyone probably said even though i didn't read, the only happiness comes from living for the glory of Jesus Christ.

the world is not meant to be fun. It is a test of what we prioritize...God or zibela?

You may tell me that you have fun, but fun is temporary and God's love experienced through service and sacrifice of the worldly desires is eternal happiness.
  • sorry bent, but what you said in your first post is the words of someone who doesn't know Christ. We need to get rid of our idols... that can be anything from our job, money, a boy or girl we really like.. or whatever we're dependent upon for our happiness.. and if thats the case.. then you;re right. life stinks...

Thank God Christ makes us free from such slavery...

Abolish your idols and return to Your First Love, Christ. (Rev 2)

I could lecture you, but you can never change your life if you don't want to.. trust me, i have tried. It only works when you are determined to leave what you know and are comfortable and to give the Lord your life completely... completely...

AS FOR ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST.. AND TO DIE IS GAIN....
  • [quote author=HIS SWEET PRAISES link=board=13;threadid=4687;start=30#msg64375 date=1165287648]
    sorry bent, but what you said in your first post is the words of someone who doesn't know Christ. We need to get rid of our idols... that can be anything from our job, money, a boy or girl we really like.. or whatever we're dependent upon for our happiness.. and if thats the case.. then you;re right. life stinks...

Thank God Christ makes us free from such slavery...

Abolish your idols and return to Your First Love, Christ. (Rev 2)

I could lecture you, but you can never change your life if you don't want to.. trust me, i have tried. It only works when you are determined to leave what you know and are comfortable and to give the Lord your life completely... completely...

AS FOR ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST.. AND TO DIE IS GAIN....

Nice post 'HIS SWEET PRAISES'.
  • We are put on earth as a punishment because of adam and eve.
  • Life is not supposed to be enjoyable ........its a punishment. the enjoying part is when we go to heaven.
  • [quote author=catch me if u can link=board=13;threadid=4687;start=0#msg63960 date=1164717991]

ugh........... life sucks!

heya,

a youngster once asked me if i thought life sucked? and i said no, i told them that there are times when we feel like it does because of all the hardships we face but to remember the magical and special moments when you smiled and laughed. we can endure anything with the Lord by our side

how can one think ;life sucks' when every second of his life is a miracle?
  • [quote author=why link=board=13;threadid=4687;start=30#msg64548 date=1165492580]

your riight, our life is filled with countless miracles
  • [quote author=why link=board=13;threadid=4687;start=30#msg64548 date=1165492580]

humm.............
  • Is life really fair?
    no it isn't cause if it was ,i should be on the cross now for all the sins i made.
  • I mean what people go through that upsets them in their daily lives, that make them think life is ugly.
    Life after death is much better, there is no problems and no worring and no hatred, no jealousy, no hekead, no wars, no people eat each other, etc...........

• hey... if life is not fair... did u try to jump off a bridge??? (make sure there are couple of hungry sharks though :P )

ONLY KIDDING :P
    u know i am...

look at the bright side... laow kan el lah ma3ana, faa maan 3alayna!!
  • well, life is preperation for eternal life... God tests us, and he facess with temptation and problems and he wants us to do the right thing and see if we do the good thing. you can read about temptation in the book of James....
  • i know that god wants us all to be with him and when we(i) stop complaining about our(my) lives/life we will be able to hear his voice and be truly happy with all that god has given us.
  • life doesnt always go according to plan...its all in gods hands!! :P
  • That's a very true word, I use to complain about why things happen this way and this way, but after i looked at myself and looked at one of the poor kids in africa that die coz of poverty, i thanked God a lot for all what he has given me and how much he loved me and comforted me all the time when i'm in pain

Guys always thank god, believe me, it is the best way of keeping yourself away from pain

• Everyone has problems, and no one has NO problems at all......
    but what do you do when them problems are too much for you to handle????
  • When problems are too much for you to handle you pray to God to guide and help you through your problems. You can also read the Bible and Agpeya and other spiritual books to help you through your tough times
  • we all have problems. ours may be more serious then yours. but wat im tryin to say is that we are not always happy and that we all deal w/that. so dont wry/
  • I know im pretty late but just think about what Jesus did for us. Was it fair that he was whipped, was it fair that he was slapped, spit on, mocked and rejected by his OWN PEOPLE? Was it fair that they picked to crucify him instead of Barbados? Was it fair that he was nailed on the cross for three hours? NO.
    HE did it because he loved us.

Now I am NOT saying that he put his children on his earth to be laughing and smiling and cheerful all of the time. He knows that we are going to struggle and go through pain and  suffering. He wants us to have a cross just as he had a cross since that is the only way we could enter heaven. NOW, what is NOT fair for us (on our part), is if we lose faith in God and give up on him. He did not give up on us so we should NEVER give up on him.

The saying, "I never said it was going to be easy, I just said it was going to be worth it", is perfect in our unfair, unperfect lives. WE have to comprehend that life is not going to be fair all of the time, but with his Grace and guidance it is all going to be worth it when we enter Heaven.
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=4687.msg63931#msg63931 date=1164677650]
    Hey,

We all must have heard the phrase "LIFE IS NOT FAIR"!
    Whether your brother gets a new car and you get the old one, or whatever the reason is that makes us think life is not fair.

I am wondering if anyone in this world that has no PROBLEMS at all??? Because what I am seeing is something different at all.

Like for example, Couples who have kids are not happy and couples that do NOT have kids are not happy. SO where is the happiness???.  People in college are not happy and people who droped out are not happy. People who are rich are not happy and people who are poor are not happy.  People who have family surroundings are not happy and people who live away from their familes are not happy. Nonimmigrants are not happy immigrants are not happy!

Am I just the only one who thinks that??? Am I the only one who sees my promblems and say "man..... others have it worse"??
    Is there someone on this world that has a happy life????????

What can I do to get a happy Life??? I am following God's commedments, I have lots of priest to go to when i am down, they are like my best friends!

ugh........... life sucks!

Why are you comparing your life to others? If you didn't compare, you'd be happy. You were born from a family who immigrated to the States. They started off with nothing. Why should you compare yourself with someone who was born in the states?

Maybe you will have something they don't?

Its never good to compare.

• If my life is crappy in this world chances are I am doing something right. I thank God for allowing me to live the life I do, it brings me closer to Him.
  • Bishop Anthony Bloom has a great book on prayer and he says that sometimes when God doesn't show up in times of prayer it is a kind of mercy he is showing towards us.  Can you imagine how Peter would have felt if he needed to act out all of his repentance and weeping in Christ's presence?  Just one glance was enough for him to know he did wrong and break down into tears.

He also makes that point that God spends 23.5 hours knocking on the door waiting to speak to us and we might want to confine him to the 20 or 30 minutes a day that we actually want to pray.  For all the commandments that we've been given our relationship to God is a kind of friendship and people who are alike very often become friends and a huge part of it is meeting on mutual terms - too often we try to treat God as if His is a love-sick puppy dog.

The question of happiness is one which is quite illusionary, we think that happiness is the product of acquisition, consumption, having and hoarding.  The opposite is true, certainly in the context of prayer.  Bishop Anthony says that we may love the beauty of a flower but as soon as we want to take that flower and have it for ourselves we kill it and its beauty along with it.  It is a lot like that with human desire, our aim should be to see beauty without the desire to be possessive or to have it as our own, this is what the devil did to us when he saw the beautiful paradise which God created for us to live in.

The nakedness of Adam and Eve represents their simplicity, innocence, vulnerability and fragility, it is also what gave them their capacity to be close to God and one another:

[quote="St Irenaeus"]And Adam and Eve----for that is the name of the woman----were naked, and were not ashamed; for there was in them an innocent and childlike mind, and it was not possible for them to conceive and understand anything of that which by wickedness through lusts and shameful desires is born in the soul. For they were at that time entire, preserving their own nature; since they had the breath of life which was breathed on their creation: and, while this breath remains in its place and power, it has no comprehension and understanding of things that are base. And therefore they were not ashamed, kissing and embracing each other in purity after the manner of children.

Because we lack this innocence we don't approach God when it is good for Him, we do it when it is good and convenient for us; we lack this innocent embrace of Adam and Eve; to observe the beauty of the other like a flower without the passionate desire to consume it.  God at heart approaches us very shyly, like the image of the beloved gently knocking at the door of His beloved.  The beloved was very haughty and waited until He had ceased from knocking, she assumed that He would wait there all day and when she did get up He was gone.

Our relationship with God is very real and the things we do have a direct impact on that relationship, whether it brings us closer together or drives us further apart.

In the end as hard as it is to admit, we're not called to God to be happy we're called to the cross; we're called to follow the example He set for us when He left His heavenly throne of power and dwelt with us as a rejected and despised man and suffered the humiliation of the death of a criminal while doing no wrong.  The mystery of happiness is however ironically found only in this cross; brother Lawrence in one of his letters wrote that he approached God hoping to be made to suffer for his sins and find that he was disappointed at every turn finding only happiness.

When he embraced the cross and gave up all his childish and sinful desires he didn't find emptiness, he found God and true happiness - just like Adam and Eve did in the garden.
  • bentBABAyasooa`: try the moon!! ;D
    i am just kidding but the only REAL place that has no problems and everyone is happy is heaven and heaven alone!!