please pray for this person to get a 2200 on there sat

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
please guys it is very important to this person to achive the score of 2200 and it would be amazing if they achived this score thanks gbu all

Comments

• Of all the billions of starving and dying people. People in war torn countries suffering massive persecutions. The daughters that are being abused and sold into slavery, you want me to pray for a worldly SAT score?
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=11475.msg138316#msg138316 date=1305924243]
    please guys it is very important to this person to achive the score of 2200 and it would be amazing if they achived this score thanks gbu all

May God choose the best thing for this person. He/she is in my prayers.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11475.msg138617#msg138617 date=1306511909]
    Of all the billions of starving and dying people. People in war torn countries suffering massive persecutions. The daughters that are being abused and sold into slavery, you want me to pray for a worldly SAT score?

Nothing is beneath us in terms of prayer. God listens to every request no matter how miniscule it may be! If we applied your level of scrutiny when deciding what to pray for, we might as well ignore 90% of the people we know when praying. So family, friends, co-workers - out the door. I can't waste my time praying that you get over your mere cold, there is someone in Uganda dying of malaria! You have a test tomorrow? Why are you asking abouna to pray for you? He has a whole congregation with much more serious problems - leave him alone.

Sure there are MUCH more serious things in life that we should pray for, but God never dismisses any of our requests as trivial so why would we dismiss the requests of others?
  • i will pray....but isn't that a "little" high to hope for?!
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11475.msg138617#msg138617 date=1306511909]
    Of all the billions of starving and dying people. People in war torn countries suffering massive persecutions. The daughters that are being abused and sold into slavery, you want me to pray for a worldly SAT score?

Ioannes, forgive me, but this is one of the reasons why people get upset with you. When you go around saying things like this.

ON TOPIC:
    May God do what He sees fits with your SAT score. Amen.

Also, bigeee, you should be praying that God will do His will, you shouldn't be praying to get atleast a certain score.

Here is a saying that i think applies here:

"Do your best,
    and God will do the rest."
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11475.msg138656#msg138656 date=1306531821]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11475.msg138617#msg138617 date=1306511909]

Nothing is beneath us in terms of prayer. God listens to every request no matter how miniscule it may be! If we applied your level of scrutiny when deciding what to pray for, we might as well ignore 90% of the people we know when praying. So family, friends, co-workers - out the door. I can't waste my time praying that you get over your mere cold, there is someone in Uganda dying of malaria! You have a test tomorrow? Why are you asking abouna to pray for you? He has a whole congregation with much more serious problems - leave him alone.

Sure there are MUCH more serious things in life that we should pray for, but God never dismisses any of our requests as trivial so why would we dismiss the requests of others?

Well, I never said God dismisses prayer, I am simply saying that it is trivial and if you want a good score than study hard.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11475.msg138669#msg138669 date=1306544852]
    [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11475.msg138656#msg138656 date=1306531821]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11475.msg138617#msg138617 date=1306511909]

Well, I never said God dismisses prayer, I am simply saying that it is trivial and if you want a good score than study hard.

Still, the beauty in it is, even if it's over something trivial, any time that you spend praying is time that you have made very good use of. I think all types of prayer are beneficial, don't you agree?  :D
  • We should think of the humility required in asking another for prayer. The more trivial the request the more humility required. Someone who asks for such a small thing shows that he/she believes they need the support of others because their own prayers might not be sufficient.

We should take their act of humility and humble ourselves. Saying - "who am I that you have come to me to pray on your behalf?" But we still pray for them because they requested it and because we need to support one another in EVERYTHING. No matter how trivial it is.
  • I think that bigeee is asking for a simple request to pray for his friend who is probably studying hard and wants to do well and get into a good college.
    for one to say that there are millions of people dying and therefore should not pray for an sat score is unnecessary because God listens to all prayers no matter how big or small ! Of course if the 2200 is not achieved , then maybe God has better plans for you in the future. As long as you are doing your best , then God will do the rest
    lol besides when i was younger about 6 years old ,  i begged god for a doll that i really wanted &; i received it the next day ... very simple &; irrelevant prayer yet some strong faith i had . God Bless
    i apologize if i have offended anyone

+mahraeel+
  • thank you mahraeel
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=11475.msg138705#msg138705 date=1306639851]
    I think that bigeee is asking for a simple request to pray for his friend who is probably studying hard and wants to do well and get into a good college.
    for one to say that there are millions of people dying and therefore should not pray for an sat score is unnecessary because God listens to all prayers no matter how big or small ! Of course if the 2200 is not achieved , then maybe God has better plans for you in the future. As long as you are doing your best , then God will do the rest
    lol besides when i was younger about 6 years old ,  i begged god for a doll that i really wanted &; i received it the next day ... very simple &; irrelevant prayer yet some strong faith i had . God Bless

+mahraeel+

Your example of the strong faith you had (and I hope you still have) as a child is exactly why Jesus said that we should be made as children to enter the kingdom of heaven. Simplicity and faith in Him in ALL things are powerful indeed.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11475.msg138658#msg138658 date=1306533080]
    i will pray....but isn't that a "little" high to hope for?!
      Nothing is to BIG for god. [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=11475.msg138705#msg138705 date=1306639851]
    I think that bigeee is asking for a simple request to pray for his friend who is probably studying hard and wants to do well and get into a good college.
    lol besides when i was younger about 6 years old ,  i begged god for a doll that i really wanted &; i received it the next day ... very simple &; irrelevant prayer yet some strong faith i had . God Bless

+mahraeel+
    i totally agree with u!!
  • thank u ..  God is always here for us no matter what !
    & welcomee to the forum mathio(:

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=11475.msg139238#msg139238 date=1307642402]
    thank u ..  God is always here for us no matter what !
    & welcomee to the forum mathio(:

+mahraeel+
    Thank u. :)