i want to kill myself!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i feel as if i will kill myself in the near future i know this sounds harsh but nothing is going right life has become more then enough to handle i feel as if i offer nothing to this world  i am not happy i hate myself i just want to die i do not know what to do i feel when i speak nobody hears me every problem has taking a great role in my life in the sense where i have huge headaches and where i just feel like taking the easy way out and ending my life

hell does not sound to bad right now i live in hell everyday

Comments

• whoah!
    hang on in there.
    we are praying for you.
    i am in the wrong time zone to stay on line for long, but you are in my prayers.
    we value your contributions to this forum and would love you to stick around.
    but your friends love you looooots more than us.
    and God loves you looooooots more than them.
    so don't do it.
    someone in my life tried suicide.
    thank God that person was not successful.
    it took me 20 years to get over it though...
  • you could do so much for someone and still not feel loved anymore  i gave this person my heart and in the end they will just leave me i am so nice to everyone i deal with racism from coptic people just cause i use to be a muslim now i am christian and it hurts and it is ruining my life i feel so numb i really hate life
  • Hey Bigee big man, welcome back.Nice to have you back..it has been a while..

Sometimes things do  not go the way we want them.But that does not mean it is the end of the world.Life is all about struggles.Life means a continual battle. We all have to go thru successes, failures, happiness, let downs, etc. At the end, it is how we fight to overcome all life hurdles that defines us. Suicide is a terrible thing to contemplate. It is not a way out but a way to eternal damnation.The Lord is the only way.Put your unflinching trust in Him and you will be fine.I will also join mabsoota in saying prayers for you and your intentions.

• Trust in the bible &; follow his commands
    God will ultimately put your life back on track with patience &; prayer
    Suicide is never the answer for it leads to eternal damnation .
    God bless you bigee &; you are in my prayers  :D

+mahraeel+
  • marheel this is not funny
  • Slow down. Take a few deep breaths. Be still.

It is almost too easy to become overwhelmed by life, and to fall into the trap that everything in life is terrible and things will never, ever get better. It has always been this way, from the time of the Jews wandering in the desert (after a while most of them became convinced they would never get out, either). The antidote to this kind of life is the same as it was then, too: Trust in God. Pray that He guide and comfort you. He will.

In the words of the Psalmist and Prophet:

I loved, because the Lord will hear the voice of my supplication. Because He inclined His ear to me. I will call upon Him in all my days. The pains of death grasped me; the dangers of Hades have found me; I found affliction and sorrow. The I called on the name of the Lord; "O Lord, deliver my soul."

The Lord is merciful and righteous, and our God has mercy. The Lord preserves the infants; I was brought low, and He saved me.

Return to your resting place, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. He has delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. I shall be pleasing before the Lord in the land of the living. ALLELUIA.

Trust in the Lord and you will see great things come from your struggles. Do not lose heart. Our God has mercy!

I will pray for you.
  • i apologize if the smiley face was offensive to you . It was there for encouragement !

+mahraeel+
  • not about the smiley face maraheel ! you know what its about !
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=11465.msg138176#msg138176 date=1305751986]
    i feel as if i will kill myself in the near future i know this sounds harsh but nothing is going right life has become more then enough to handle i feel as if i offer nothing to this world  i am not happy i hate myself i just want to die i do not know what to do i feel when i speak nobody hears me every problem has taking a great role in my life in the sense where i have huge headaches and where i just feel like taking the easy way out and ending my life

NOTHING IS WORSE THAN HELL.  The devil is trying to make you believe that you are living through hell right now and so if you kill yourself, hell won't be any worse, it'll be a blessing.  Don't listen to him.  He's a liar and the father of all liars.  Can you imagine being far from God for an eternity?  Now, for me, that's hell indeed.

I struggled with suicidal thoughts for a while and I almost attempted it twice.  Everything was ready for me to go through with it, literally, I set out the things I needed to complete the action on the kitchen table while my family was sleeping.  All I had to do was commit the act.  What really helped me was that a close friend called me and although she didn't know that I was about to commit suicide, she made me feel a lot better.  The second time I was going to attempt it, another close friend called me and made me feel better also.  I also talked to my father of confession and he was very helpful.  I know exactly how you feel.  I've had all the thoughts you just stated right now and worse...and guess what?  GOD IS THERE!  He can hear your thoughts and He is aware of your feelings and your distress.  Call out to Him.  He really helps.  I haven't been feeling so great myself but I find comfort in knowing that if I am patient long enough, God will come to my aid.  Happens every time I am in trouble, He always comes to my aid just in the right time.

Please please please do not kill yourself.  There are other options.  Please go talk to a friend you trust or a priest.

I hope this helps.  Keep me in your prayers.
  • Hi Bigeee,
                Please stay with us and we well do our best to help you cope. I'm glad you became a christian as GOD is love and it's not just about rules.
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=11465.msg138176#msg138176 date=1305751986]

if anyone can help best, that is God.
    i suggest you read the above quote to God in prayer. Tell Him just that. Then say, 'Please help me!' Then believe in your heart that He can help. Do not try to give him solutions or to deny his solutions. Believe just like a child. He can make the mountains move, just for your sake. He will listen to you and answer! Guaranteed!
    He likes to hear from people who are broken but he is not impressed with the self satisfied people. If you feel broke, you stand the best chance to hear back from Him.
    you can get the attention of every friend or good willed people but what you need most is God's attention. Tell Him exactly how broke you feel. Right now! He will guide, protect your thoughts and strengthen your heart. There is joy in life but this only comes from Him. Cry out to Him right now. you will not be disappointed. 
  • Wow 11 replies in 3 hours! That must be the new record (since tasbeha is VERY slow)!

Shows you how important you are, bigeee :)

Please, please don't do it.

Read the psalms!

You're in my prayers.
  • Don't look for acceptance from this world. There are tons of people in this world, you can't find TRUE love from them, you can't find true happiness from them. In your time of loneliness, and doubt, and fear, you know who can guide you? Our Lord, who never forsakes us, who shows us love always; we just have to open up our minds and our hearts, and listen.

We must get rid of the thought of trying to solve our own problems; we are insignificant, dust, and weak. Pray to the Lord in all your humility and spill your heart before him, ask for mercy, and for guidance; he will surely show you the path, His Grace will guide you to doing the right actions, to doing the right things. And, in the end of all this tribulation, you'll be stronger; you'll not need acceptance nor approval from anyone, you will be firm in your belief and in your God.

”I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked." Psalm 3:5-7

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." John 15:18-20

Please pray for me

•   You were betrayed Bigeee. Just like Jesus was. But it was done with a kiss, a sign of deep relationship. So GOD doe's understand you, and also being inside you is sharing the same experience.

With him I feel you will have to get to the point of relying more on your own abilities as to seperate yourself from relying on others for your strength and direction. Together with GOD and us, we will try and help you.

GOD be with you always Bigeee and I pray you will abide with us.
  • Biggee,
    Christ is Risen!

With Christ's Resurrection we can have victory over our hardships WITH Him, He defeated the power of death and its effect on us, therefore we RISE above this world and focus on the heavenly glory we've been promised.

My dear brother, trust me that the Risen Christ will pull you through this tough time. Look back at your life and see all the good times you shared with Him, the times He has placed you on the right track, times where you see His might, compassion, love and are joyful with Him. If He cares for the birds of the air and makes sure they are fed and sheltered will He not take care of you?

Remeber when the Lord was with the disciples in the boat and the storms and sea raged with strength against them and they thought they were going to drown and die. They awoke Christ who was sleeping and He said, "Be still" and nature calmed down. You are the same, you are in the boat and the sea is this world which appears it is going to break the boat and you will drown. You need to rememebr that the Lord Jesus Christ Himself is in your boat, in your life. Wake Him Up! Call to Him! Tell Him, Lord Im going to drown, the sea is raging against me. I need you to help me. The Lord will instantly order nature to calm down, order that you be granted peace and tranqulitiy of heart. The Creator will protect His creation always, He created them out of love. Dont forget you always have Him in your boat when you sail life. Just as the apostles were safe and praised Him, you also will be safe in the Lord and praise Him.

Trust in the Lord. "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved."

We all love you dearly, God died for you and rose to grant you a new life.

God bless you and Abu Sefien and St Mary help you.

• Do not be surprised when you face tribulations in this life for it was promised to us by God (John 16:33). Your reward will be greater because of your struggles. St. John Chrysostom goes on about this at length. One interesting point he makes, when analyzing the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, is that sometimes we suffer much now so that we stand worthy before God.

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
          Nor detest His correction;
          For whom the LORD loves He corrects,
          Just as a father the son in whom he delights." - Proverbs 3:11-12

"But he who endures to the end shall be saved." - Matthew 24:13

God bless you, bigeee
  • Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really will regret and after death there will be no way to return! I really recommend you this video, by Pope Shenouda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pvjN1LjV0c

Be strong! You are so blessed to be a Christian now, really, God saved you!! Devil is playing a trick on you, he envy's you and is jealous that you are now God's child! Don't let him laugh at you. You really are strong with Jesus, as u see, you took your own decision to be a christian and that's soooo good of you! Thanks God!! We all love you, God loves you, and at the end, you will be happy that you overcome Satan with God's power!

We loveeeeeeee you!
    God loves you!!!!!!!!!!
    Show Satan that you are strong with Jesus and he will flee from you! The power of God and the cross is really stronger than you can imagine!

God bless and remember me in you prayers please!  
  • Peace to you blessed brother!

Don't do it. Don't to it. Don't ever do it.
    I agree with everything said above. Wouldn't it be a shame, if everything what you got from God
    will be lost??? You became God's child now. Even if a mother forgot his child, God is always awake and is there for you always. He loves you more than you can imagine!

Don't give it all up! If you do love God, don't do it. If you love us, don't do it!!! God has great plans with you!!! I promise! You don't know God's thoughts and plans. "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." (Isaiah 55: 8 )

You are the light of this world! People need you. God wants YOU.

And could i ask u for a favor, please, post here regularly, just to let us know you are still alive.

Thank you a lot, and pray for ussss!

God Blessssssss 1000000000000000000000 x
  • I'm on a very similar boat with you my dear friend Bigee. What I recommend is to just start a new life, leave your old ways behind, your old friends, your old city even and go to a new city, search for new friends, get new activities, even leave your old church, just restart your life in another area in the world and with God's help that could make you very happy and God will give you what you need and will help you get what you want. Trust me, when you die, it's over, no more earth, it's not good to kill yourself, there's no point, you still have another 60 or so years depending on your age, enjoy them, the world is yours to enjoy until you go to heaven.
  • Explain me why do you want to go to hell?
    Here on the earth you can change your life,but in hell never.
    Dont fogert that God put us in different situation and watchs what we'll chois.
    God nobody forces to be with Him this must be your free will.
    Dont try to find love from people this is egoism,try to give love to others.Open your eyes look arund;how many people need your help,there a lot of people with cancer go to hospitals and help them,there a lots of youth without legs,hands closed in their homes find them and be friend for them,there re lots of old people alone help them etc.etc.
    THERE SO MUCH GOOD THINGS TO DO !
    i UNDERSTOOD this very lately and i ask God to give me more minutes in my life.I fear very very much of hell,God give me life for my cleaning.!
    Your case is very common,dont give your heart before to know good every person.
    Good bless you.Dont make gift for devil.
  • I tell ya, if I came from an Egyptian home I probably would feel the same way. Being that I have psych problems I think I can understand things like this. Trust me, suicide is not very cool, I have seen it AND I have seen botched attempts where a dude blew his face off but did not die. These kind of things actually kept me from doing it.

I mean what exactly is it that makes you feel this way? I mean lets be honest, most of the people here haven't the slightest clue what they are talking about when it comes to this, so I think they are just going to frustrate you even more. At least most of my experience on here is like that.
  • Despair is from the devil who lashes our heads with thoughts filled with sadness.

Trust the Lord He is able to help you and He will deliver you from harming yourself. Remember that harming yourself is the aim of the devil. Your life is given to you by God and therefore it belongs to Him alone.

Tell the devil to go away by the power of God. Say this prayer:

Dear God, I pray asking you in the name of Jesus Christ to deliver me from the darkness of the devil. I know that without You I am helpless so please God rescue me fast and restore my faith. Remove from me the sad thoughts coming from the devil. Please Lord, intervene to solve my problems fast, clean my mind, my soul, my heart and my body. Thank you Lord for your loving care. Amen.

This is the Lord's answer to us:
    Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
    I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

You are certainly a child of God, you do not belong to the devil. Have courage. May the Lord's grant you His peace and His love.

GBU
  • If everything is ok this is very bad sign.
    How you can win if you dont have battle?
    Dont forget that Heaven is the place of winners.
    I wish you be winner with help of God.
  • Bigeeee:
    I would like to start off by saying, God Loves You,

If you did kill urself I noe that certainly everyone would be in despair, I myself would also be soooooooooooooooooo sad I also dont noe u but to hear that is hurtful, i would think about u each day when i wake up in the morning, when i hav a moment to think.

MY recommendations:
    -U SRSLY NEED TO WATCH 'TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL' THE MOST UPLIFTING, AMAZIN MESSAGES- IT IS A TV SERIES WITH 9 SERIES.

YOU WOULD NEED TO WATCH ONE EVERYDAY, IT WILL LIFT U UP,

GOD is wherever you are darling, He is watching over you, You need to think to yourself, and surly there r, miracles that God has done for you, there are definetly signs that He sends, also
    -THE BIBLE READ EVERYSINGLE  DAY
    -TAKE MOST OF URTIME, SPEAKING TO THE ALMIGHTY LORD.

It is just a sin, to think of ever commiting suicide.
    DONT OK
    MAY GOD BE WITH YOU

There are so many messages and things i can tell u. There is a reason for abslotuley EVERTHING that happens in the world. THere IS a reason why u r on this earth we humans until it that moment comes dont noe wat we r here for, but sooon ull see.
    cya THE LORD IS ALWAYS WITH U

Takee Care Bigeeeee
  • Sorry this post irrelevant didnt  see ur other post bout ur actuaal problem umm donno how to delete my post.
  • Let's please not resurrect old threads, especially this one!
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11465.msg146042#msg146042 date=1318522345]
    Let's please not resurrect old threads, especially this one!

Sorry I never realised my baddd :( i agree but I dont knoe how to delete it sorry
  • Don't be sorry. You offered good advice and I'm sure someone benefited. It's just that if you followed a more recent thread of bigeee's you would have realized that your time would have been better spent on something else.

• Please dont do anything harsh.... keep praying hard until you see the light....

You will be in my prayers very much+++

May the intercession of the Virgin Mary be with you+++