problems

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have problems with getting teachers to help me learn languages and music and other importants things. why doesn't Jesus help me 100 % with this even when I pray to him? Is he lazy or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=henrik.hank link=topic=11438.msg137894#msg137894 date=1305384589]
    I have problems with getting teachers to help me learn languages and music and other importants things. why doesn't Jesus help me 100 % with this even when I pray to him? Is he lazy or am I doing something wrong?

Please don't say stuff like this on here; you need to have more respect for God.  This is not appropriate to say on a Christian forum.  I've been praying about the same issue for 3 years and it still hasn't been fixed.  That doesn't mean that God isn't there and that He isn't helping...He has helped me with numerous other things and He truly does the impossible as I have witnessed time and time again.  Just because He doesn't come to your aid right away might mean that it's not the right time.  Some saints like St. Moses the Strong prayed for 7 years about a particular sin and God had mercy on him and took it away.  St. Anthony was beat up by the devils and they dragged him down the mountain...the description in the account by St. Athanasius was that they dragged him so much and over rocks that he was bleeding profusely.  But, God delivered Him from their hands.  When St. Anthony asked God where He was while the devils beat him up, God told him that He was in his heart, giving him the strength to endure.  You never know God's wisdom but I'm 100% sure He will come to your aid just at the right time.
  • (St. John Chrysostom)
    [quote author=St. John Chrysostom]
    And if you continue asking, though you do not immediately receive, you surely will eventually receive. For to this end was the door shut, that He may induce you to knock: to this end He does not straightway assent, that you may ask. Continue then to do these things, and you will surely receive.

• Remember this?

[quote author=henrik.hank link=topic=11428.msg137842#msg137842 date=1305316082]
    Nofri!
    Please explain this: I have been talking to Copts here in Sweden and they say that muslims are evil. How can they do it? thera are bad and good people who call temselves muslims but only the peaceful ones are muslims. why do you coptic people hate islam?  you are very ungrateful. there were muslims who protected you after the attack in alexandria.
    If you are following coptic orthodoxy without being a copt you are also welcome to discuss this subject.
    If copts just complain then they are not very wise people. not all copts hate muslims but most of them do.

And now you say some stupid thing like this:

I don't know who you are or where you came from, but Don't you dare come here again and say that everyone is ungrateful when you yourself say that God is lazy. The previous posts have answered your question. I for one am very disappointed with your comments. They are rude, don't think you are better than everyone. I am not saying this to hurt you, I am just warning you that I feel that you have much pride. Pride is a huge sin that leads to many other things such as this. This will lead you to thinking this in your head:

You begin to think that God is lazy, then you say to yourself that if God doesn't do anything about it then i will take matters into my own hands cuz who needs God?

This is extremely dangerous, and remember that this is what caused Satan to fall from being the "top Angel".

I will pray for you brother and just remember just because your prayers aren't answered doesn't mean that God is lazy or doesn't care about you. It is simply not His will.
  • Why are you guys all over-reacting?! He asked a question, he never said God was lazy. He is in search of answers about God and wants to understand Him.

Has no one here, after being treated unjustly, wondered: Is God just? Has no one here, while feeling lonely, asked: Does God love me? Both questions are just as silly as asking if God is lazy. Of course God is just, of course He loves you, and of course He is not lazy.

His question may seem ridiculous to you because you have a fuller understanding of God than henrik.hank does. Don't assume everyone is on the same level as you. Try to raise him up and you will be raised up in the process.
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11438.msg137918#msg137918 date=1305401510]
    Why are you guys all over-reacting?! He asked a question, he never said God was lazy. He is in search of answers about God and wants to understand Him.

Has no one here, after being treated unjustly, wondered: Is God just? Has no one here, while feeling lonely, asked: Does God love me? Both questions are just as silly as asking if God is lazy. Of course God is just, of course He loves you, and of course He is not lazy.

His question may seem ridiculous to you because you have a fuller understanding of God than henrik.hank does. Don't assume everyone is on the same level as you. Try to raise him up and you will be raised up in the process.

I sometimes feel that God is lazy and it shouldn't upset people if I want to know the reason for it.
  • God created the world and everything in it in 6 days. Come back to this thread in 5 days time and see what you think then. ::)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=dzheremi link=topic=11438.msg137925#msg137925 date=1305408849]
    God created the world and everything in it in 6 days. Come back to this thread in 5 days time and see what you think then. ::)

six human days or six God days?
  • Ah, see...now we're getting somewhere. Not to dodge your question, but since you've realized that God doesn't necessarily work on our timetable, then...well...there's your answer. It applies to things we'd rather it not apply to (things we'd like that we think God should give us) just as much if not more so than to things like creating the world. (possibly "more so" because God created the world without any of us asking Him to, so it was necessarily outside of our view of what is the proper amount of time it takes to create the world.)

My head hurts now, but think about it, won't you?
  • [quote author=henrik.hank link=topic=11438.msg137924#msg137924 date=1305407877]
    [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11438.msg137918#msg137918 date=1305401510]
    Why are you guys all over-reacting?! He asked a question, he never said God was lazy. He is in search of answers about God and wants to understand Him.

I sometimes feel that God is lazy and it shouldn't upset people if I want to know the reason for it.

I hadn't read your questions on other threads before posting below - a part of me wants to take this back because it does seem you are asking silly questions merely for the sake of asking silly questions. I don't see any desire to actually learn or grow in a relationship with our Lord. At the same time - who am I to pass judgment?

That aside - God cannot be lazy because it is against His very nature. God being perfect cannot have any imperfect qualities. We cannot ask: Is God smart? Is God slow? etc.

To do that would lower the Lord of lords and measure Him as a human. Laziness is being averse to work; it is being disinclined to do something you should do. For example, if you sit at home all day and never exercise, although you SHOULD, then you are lazy. If you never pick up your Bible to read it, although you SHOULD, then you are lazy.

Now, is there anything God should do? Quite simply - NO. God is not obligated to do anything and who would be so bold as to require anything from Him? He does what He wants when He wants for He is God. So when He does not help you learn music or language it is not because He is "lazy" but because He does is not tied down by anything normative because He is perfect and can decide when He wants to do something based on His perfect will for you.

Secondly, the whole reason one is lazy is because a certain task may require some effort that one may be uncomfortable with exerting. I want to go for a jog - but I don't want to get up and put on my shoes and it's cold outside, etc.

What effort does it require God to do anything? Do not think I am not belittling the work of salvation (this should itself show you God who is not required to do anything took the form of man and exerted the greatest amount of effort to save us), but rather I am talking about God's work in our lives today. When God decides that He wants you to learn music - does He have to exert any energy that He is in need of? Will He lose some time? Will He be tired? CERTAINLY NOT! So God is not lazy because unlike people He does not lose anything from doing something. When a person works out or reads the Bible they lose energy and time, among other things. That is why people choose not do stuff because they do not want to lose anything and remain comfortable.

If you did not understand anything I wrote above, understand this: Laziness is an imperfection found in the imperfect. God is perfect and has no imperfections.

(If I have written anything wrong, please do correct me).