Question from Smirser

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Smirser is a new member of this forum, we should welcome him, but anyways he had a question he wanted to ask but he had a little trouble making a thread. Here is his question:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends!
Please help me about information,i read about the Armenian church in Moscow and knew about arcibishop TIRAN Curegan he was in Moscow untill 2001 i tried to call, to ask,but couldn't recieve answer.Maybe someone know about his destiny and his follows in Moscow?
thanks too much.

Comments

• I google searched the bishop but came up empty. Are you sure the spelling is correct. Also, is he Armenian or Russian?
  • it is also spelt Kyureghian, or Gureghian if it helps.

some info on him:

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world/news/7804/

The official statement of the church says that Tiran Kyureghian, released also from the duties of the representative of the Armenian Church in the Patriarchy of Russia, "will hold another responsible position". Before the new head of the diocese is appointed, celibate priest Yezras Nersisian, the spiritual leader of St. Petersburg Armenians, will carry out his duties.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world/news/7717/ARMENIAN_BELIEVERS_OF_MOSCOW_ARE_DISPLEASED_WITH_THE_DISMISSAL_OF_THE_HEAD_OF_THE_RUSSIAN_DIOCESE_OF_THE_ARMENIAN_CHURCH

The press service of St. Echmiadzin reported on October 6 that by the decision of the Catholicos of All Armenians, Archbishop Tiran Kyureghian was dismissed from the post of the head of the Russian and New-Nakhijevani diocese of AAC. The official statement of the church stated that Tiran Kyureghian, released also from the duties of the representative of the Armenian Church in the Patriarchy of Russia, "would hold another responsible position".

Archbishop Tiran Kyureghian was considered one of the candidates to the post of the Catholicos of All Armenians on the eve of the elections of the head of the Armenian Church in 1999. On September 27, 1999 he, among other hierarchies of the Armenian Church, spoke with an address related to the upcoming elections of the 132nd Catholicos of All Armenians. The statement particularly said that "the Armenian leadership has come to consensus in favor of one of the candidates and tries to elevate him to the place of the Catholicos. The moral and legal process of the elections of the Catholicos is put under question with the subsequent unforeseen consequences. This address expresses our concern about this fact. We advise everyone to abstain from actions which will destroy the internal unity and traditions of our church, and call to realize the significance of this problem and its seriousness". The question in this statement was about the present Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin the Second

I hope this information helps,

Pray for me.
  • Thanks too much.