Feast of Entry into the Temple

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Pikhrestos Aftonf

I was hoping someone could direct me to or make avaiable the recordings by Ibrahim Ayad for the Feast of Christ's entry into the temple.

He records the long teoienhikanos in it which is very beautiful- that is what I was after particularly. Thanks

Blessed Holy 50 to all.

Comments

• to be quite honest with you I don't think that Cantor Ibrahim ever recorded this album, do you mean the entry into the land of Egypt? I'm a big fan of Cantor Ibrahim & I think I have every single hymn he ever recorded, that's why I doubt that he ever recorded the entry of lord into the temple, maybe though....what does other people think?
  • [quote author=baladoos link=topic=11320.msg136678#msg136678 date=1303950800]
    to be quite honest with you I don't think that Cantor Ibrahim ever recorded this album, do you mean the entry into the land of Egypt? I'm a big fan of Cantor Ibrahim & I think I have every single hymn he ever recorded, that's why I doubt that he ever recorded the entry of lord into the temple, maybe though....what does other people think?

he did....that's where he also recoded etavenni-eskhay (another recoding than the one recorded in the current feast of the cross set).....
    i have heard that set but it was a while ago...not sure where it is now.

tavmatoroghos,
    if you are looking only for teoi enhi-kanos, in the current midnight praises cds that are being sold, he have it recoded.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11320.msg136682#msg136682 date=1303951969]
    [quote author=baladoos link=topic=11320.msg136678#msg136678 date=1303950800]
    to be quite honest with you I don't think that Cantor Ibrahim ever recorded this album, do you mean the entry into the land of Egypt? I'm a big fan of Cantor Ibrahim & I think I have every single hymn he ever recorded, that's why I doubt that he ever recorded the entry of lord into the temple, maybe though....what does other people think?

he did....that's where he also recoded etavenni-eskhay (another recoding than the one recorded in the current feast of the cross set).....
    i have heard that set but it was a while ago...not sure where it is now.

tavmatoroghos,
    if you are looking only for teoi enhi-kanos, in the current midnight praises cds that are being sold, he have it recoded.

What do you mean by "current CDs?" Do you mean the CDs by HCOC or he actually re-recorded the rite of the midnight praise? If he did recorded it, where can I find them? Can you post them on dropbox?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11320.msg136919#msg136919 date=1304144504]
    What do you mean by "current CDs?" Do you mean the CDs by HCOC or he actually re-recorded the rite of the midnight praise? If he did recorded it, where can I find them? Can you post them on dropbox?

he NEVER had his recordings on cds...always on tapes to be sold in egypt (why do you think HCOC have no cds distribution in egypt--cuz they know that no one cares about copy-right there so the recordings will be leaked online....but also that made it that no one cares about them there). only when Ibrahim Ayad made a deal with Adel & Saad Ghattas Inc. (who is the main distributor for many of the christian coptic tapes/cds/dvds outside egypt) did he make cds with the trademark "Filomark", Antoun's company. in the case of the midnight praises, he didn't "rerecord" the hymns.....atleast not in the set i have. but he did add teoi enhikanos since he did record it in the feast of the entry to the temple set (also since he have the digital master of these recordings). maybe evol hetin el-kebera too. 
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11320.msg136962#msg136962 date=1304201239]
    [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11320.msg136919#msg136919 date=1304144504]

he NEVER had his recordings on cds...always on tapes to be sold in egypt (why do you think HCOC have no cds distribution in egypt--cuz they know that no one cares about copy-right there so the recordings will be leaked online....but also that made it that no one cares about them there). only when Ibrahim Ayad made a deal with Adel & Saad Ghattas Inc. (who is the main distributor for many of the christian coptic tapes/cds/dvds outside egypt) did he make cds with the trademark "Filomark", Antoun's company. in the case of the midnight praises, he didn't "rerecord" the hymns.....atleast not in the set i have. but he did add teoi enhikanos since he did record it in the feast of the entry to the temple set (also since he have the digital master of these recordings). maybe evol hetin el-kebera too. 

Okay fine, where can I find the recording for the Rites and Hymns for the Lord's Entry into the Temple?