(personal issue?) marriage.

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the only reason i think waiting to marry is OK, is the fact that people do change.  who you are at 16 is not who you will be at 21.  nor is it who you will be at 25 or 30.  By the time you're 30 you will still change but at a much slower rate.  It takes the maturity of the decision that "i will stick by you, no matter what."

on that note, i see nothing wrong with dating.  I think dating does give you experience in how to deal with another person, and helps you understand what works for you and what doesn't.

I dunno, I say, grow a pair and ask the girl out 8)
  • You may see nothing wrong with dating but this is not the view of the Church.
  • How does the church define dating, and what are the biblical / historical reasons why the church believes dating is wrong?
  • Dating is participating in exclusive relationships and spending time alone within such relationships when not of an age or condition to be considering marriage. Such one on one relationships at an inappropriate age are dangerous from a variety of perspectives. The cultural history of most/all christian and islamic countries show a marked criticism of such activities and relationships until the modern time when all moral scruples have been rejected with catastrophic results.
  • A good book on why dating is wrong is:

"I Kissed Dating Goodbye"

author: Joshua Harris.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You should start reading it, it is an amazing book, you will now look at dating in a whole different way.

May God guide you in the right path and help you benefit from this wonderful and informative book. Amen.
  • I finished a little more than half of that book.  It had some good points but I really think it's different for each person.  I couldn't really apply everything there to myself.
  • I agree, you can't apply some stuff because i am pretty sure you didn't take multiple girls to a hill at night and do things, lol , but the main points are the helpful information. Like how dating is selfish because you are only looking to what pleases and satisfies you and etc...
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=10487.msg134729#msg134729 date=1301525518]
    I agree, you can't apply some stuff because i am pretty sure you didn't take multiple girls to a hill at night and do things, lol , but the main points are the helpful information. Like how dating is selfish because you are only looking to what pleases and satisfies you and etc...

LOL well...yes I certainly never have done that haha.  I've only went out with one guy and for me...I couldn't really relate the things he said to my situation.  I mean, I saw a lot of things wrong with the concept of dating at a young age but I couldn't really apply the concept of selfishness to my situation or others that I know and I felt that most of the book was directed at that particular aspect.  It was interesting and informative but didn't really work for me.