TASBEHA DURING LENT

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi everybody,
I had a quick question: what tunes change for tasbeha during the Great Fast and what tune do they change to?

Please pray for me.

Comments

• [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=11060.msg133556#msg133556 date=1300768616]
    Hi everybody,
    I had a quick question: what tunes change for tasbeha during the Great Fast and what tune do they change to?

Please pray for me.

What changes:
    - Ten-oweh enthok, commemoration, doxologies and theotokeia lobsh in the case of monday-saturday. in weekdays, they are said in the weekdays tune (te-herini ente efnouti). in weekends, said in the weekend tune (je peniot)
    - The psalies are different but in the same watos or adam annual tune
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11060.msg133558#msg133558 date=1300769852]
    [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=11060.msg133556#msg133556 date=1300768616]
    Hi everybody,

Please pray for me.

What changes:
    - Ten-oweh enthok, commemoration, doxologies and theotokeia lobsh in the case of monday-saturday. in weekdays, they are said in the weekdays tune (te-herini ente efnouti). in weekends, said in the weekend tune (je peniot)

Ok let me see if I understood this correctly...so you mean tenoweh enthok, the commemoration, the doxologies, and the theotokia lobsh are said in the tune of tihirini during weekdays and je peniot during weekends and the tune for the psalis doesn't change at all?  How about the theotokia (not the lobsh)...does the tune for that change at all?
  • [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=11060.msg133559#msg133559 date=1300770211]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11060.msg133558#msg133558 date=1300769852]
    Hi everybody,

Please pray for me.

What changes:

Ok let me see if I understood this correctly...so you mean tenoweh enthok, the commemoration, the doxologies, and the theotokia lobsh are said in the tune of tihirini during weekdays and je peniot during weekends and the tune for the psalis doesn't change at all?  How about the theotokia (not the lobsh)...does the tune for that change at all?
    oh.i forgot about that. only the watos ones to be in this tune: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Fasts/Great_Lent/Ibrahim_Ayad/Great_Lent_-_Sun_Vespers_Praises/03_saterday_thotokia_1.1019.mp3
  • [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=11060.msg133559#msg133559 date=1300770211]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11060.msg133558#msg133558 date=1300769852]
    Hi everybody,

Please pray for me.

What changes:

Ok let me see if I understood this correctly...so you mean tenoweh enthok, the commemoration, the doxologies, and the theotokia lobsh are said in the tune of tihirini during weekdays and je peniot during weekends and the tune for the psalis doesn't change at all?  How about the theotokia (not the lobsh)...does the tune for that change at all?

Technically the theotokia(watos) should be said in the kiahk tune since the midnight praises of Great Lent and Kiahk are very similar. The new service of the deacons says that the watos theotokias are to be said in the Fasting/Kiahk tune. Its not common to see this practice however... The Great Hoos is also to be said during great lent and great lent has many psalis that follow each of the Hoos' similar to the format, if you will, of Kiahk midnight praises.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=11060.msg133566#msg133566 date=1300773731]
    Technically the theotokia(watos) should be said in the kiahk tune since the midnight praises of Great Lent and Kiahk are very similar. The new service of the deacons says that the watos theotokias are to be said in the Fasting/Kiahk tune. Its not common to see this practice however... The Great Hoos is also to be said during great lent and great lent has many psalis that follow each of the Hoos' similar to the format, if you will, of Kiahk midnight praises.

actually, i personally believe that the great lent hoos and all those extra psalies are only said on saturday night, which is midnight tasbeha of sunday. reasons i say this, the fact that there is "a general" watos and adam psalies other than the special ones. similar to the resurrection special psalies. many (including Coptic Presentations) think that those psalies are said during the entire fifty days. that is wrong; they are only said on the midnight tasbeha of the feast (Resurrection eve)