Stay away from me

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
How can you let someone know that you're not interested? Not meant in a boyfriend/girlfriend type of way, but in a way that someone is trying too hard to be your friend, or they really want to keep calling you and such. What can you do to let them know that you NEED space?

moziga

Comments

• what about talking to them and being honest??? ???
  • That might not always work matt. I've been there, it's really embarressing at times, and sometimes, it makes things worse.

sleepy
  • I can't, I'd feel so horrible doing so, and it's not that they're horrible people or anything, it's just that they're there TOO MUCH, and saying something would crush them.

moziga
  • hm, can't you tell them that u are busy and need some more time alone, if u cant tell them personally call them or send an email :-\
  • Well, that could possibly work, but what is it about them that makes them so "annoying"? There has to be something that makes you want to stay away.

sleepy
  • just slowly edge away from them, don't let them know u don't want to hang out, but in a while they'll get the picture.
  • Not is you have to keep acting to make them feel like nothing is wrong. I mean you have a really good point, but personally speaking, that only gets them closer to you because they feel a connection.

sleepy
    Hope that helped Moziga
  • moziga, simply avoid this person
  • HAHAHA
    That's so sweet.

sleepy
  • if its the way they talk..if they something stupid that they thik its funny or something alrite to say and nobody ever says that inda stuff...just correct them and say 'that was stoopid' but kinda joke around....and say that ur busy if yeh they get in ur way and stuff..
    hope that helbed
    GB
  • To be honest, I dont think that avoiding the person is the best way to go. I mean running from the problem wont solve it, its just another way of putting off the issue. And u never know if the person gets hurt by that cuz avoiding sum1 is the same as ignoring them which isn't exactly the nicest way to approach them. Trust me, i have been in these situations so much and the best thing to do, that i found out , was to just be urself around the person....if ur not interested then ur not interested, they should easily be able to recognize ur discomfort and back off. Introduce the person to others, u never know who they'll click with and maybe get off ur back a little. By showing discomfort and no interest in the way u two communicate should be enough to get the message across... :-\ I think the hardest thing to do is be honest and come out straight and say ï need my space"so if u cant say it, then show it, u kno. Talk about how you dont have time to do anything and how much u have to study or wuteva, just dont ignore them... :-\ Just be yourself, and if u r really annoyed and weirded out by this person then urself wont help but to express these feelings u kno? Good luck with this, its tough but u know always remember to put all your burdens on the Lord and u never know if through u this person might grow and develope in Christ or vice versa...you never know...God works in mysterious ways ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • well I think you should give being friends with em a shot.. I mean we all look up to someone at some point and want to be friends with someone and it would feel pretty bad if they jus said to go away..so maybe you should just try talking once and who knows..maybe you'll be close friends. God bless.
  • u noe moziga i do taht to my older cousin alot, after we spent more time together we came such good friends give them a chance , have mohiba liek the sainst do, yes this is hhard but this is what jesus did so we shdu follow him
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=1;threadid=694;start=0#msg12955 date=1097789693]
    hm, can't you tell them that u are busy and need some more time alone, if u cant tell them personally call them or send an email :-\

EMAIL (or private messages)....NEVER do that to solve problems,ive been there,....and im not gonna do it agen...TRUST ME...
    on the other hand, ur fingers will kill ya...i swear...never solve problems over the net!!
    u gotta b face to face aniway...
    NEVER TRUST THE NET....
    thats my humble advice...
    GBU ;)
  • In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. One GOD. Amen.

Moziga, I think that it is not very Christian and humble of you to dislike someone to the point where you don't want them around you. Being humble partially means accepting everybody around you, did Jesus Christ not sit with the tax collectors, and did He not make one of them His own disciple. Also remember why you don't want that person around you and try, out of humility and through the help of God, accepting this person..

I do not want to make you feel that I'm just throwing at you some stuff I don't even do. But as much as possible I try to and I hope that you do too.

Mike
  • Mike:

Excellent spiritual advice! When we stop to think that "when we were yet sinners Christ died for us", how much more so are we to walk in love toward even the "unlovely" (as scripture tells us).

God is able, by His marvelous grace, to enable us to do that which we cannot do in our natural ability as we seek to be an "icon" of God's grace to others.

• John 13:34
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

John 13:35
    By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Romans 12:10
    Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

Romans 13:8
    Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

And last but not least....

Ephesians 4:2
    with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,

Your brother in CHRIST,

Mike

• Coptic Defender, that's a bit harsh. I mean this person is asking for some advice, and you're putting them down. They obviously realize that they're doing something wrong, and that's why they asked, but to say something that harsh will make people not ask for advice simply because they know that they will be reprimanded each time. We all sin, we have to feel for eachother. We could all use a bit of practical advice. God help us all.

sleepy
  • I've tried spending time with them, trying to get to know them but I keep seeing more things in them that I can't deal with. I understand that Jesus loved everyone, and I do, it's just that, I need a good way to deal with people who don't know when's too much. Sorry if my meaning was misunderstood.

moziga
  • ur not alone, moziga. im in the same situation. i try to ignore the person, unless i really have to talk to them.

i also know this is mean, but she is really sick n this is causing me to have sympathy on her. She's really not liked by anyone.
  • Sleepy,
    I don't know where I said something harsh, she needs advice and I am giving her my humble advice...

Mike
  • [quote author=Coptic Defender link=board=1;threadid=694;start=15#msg13047 date=1098145595]
    In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. One GOD. Amen.

Moziga, I think that it is not very Christian and humble of you to dislike someone to the point where you don't want them around you. Being humble partially means accepting everybody around you, did Jesus Christ not sit with the tax collectors, and did He not make one of them His own disciple. Also remember why you don't want that person around you and try, out of humility and through the help of God, accepting this person..

I do not want to make you feel that I'm just throwing at you some stuff I don't even do. But as much as possible I try to and I hope that you do too.

Mike

You didn't. It's just the fact that you lashed out on her so quickly. We all need help, and we should help eachother out with something that won't make the person turn away, but you're right Coptic Defnder, accept my apologies.

sleepy
  • lets face it..whether its chritian or not we all got people we dont like...my advice is keep the convos short.. dont ask them questions that would make it longer...they'll get the idea...

~nancy
  • Sleepymusician and moziga, accept my apologies for my fast judgement.

Mike
  • Please accept my apologies for being rude about it.

sleepy
  • I didn't get offended. Thank you for trying to help, and nancy, that was some awesome advice, but there are times when you can't keep things short just because of the circumstances around you. You are forced to continue talking because you find nothing to take you away from the situation.

moziga