My wife may be leaving me

My dear Brothers and Sisters in the Holy Orthodox Faith,

I humbly request your fervent intercessions through the Most Holy Theotokos to the most Benificent and All-Merciful Christ our God that He grant my wife and me His great mercy and healing in our marriage.  My wife has left me, and though I have done and am doing everything to work this out, it is looking more and more like she is going to be leaving me for good.  I beg you for your prayers and to remember us at during the Midnight Praises and at the Great and Holy Mass each week.  We have not even been married for two years, but this is still incredibly and indescribably painful.  God is Awesome and Terrible in His Beautiful glory, and He will be glorified in all things, for He glorified: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages.

Comments

• I wonder if this has anything to do with my pathetic post on the topic about divorce... I now believe it is something difficult to bear. I fear by posting this a whole lot of diabolical wars come about and I seem wicked.

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,9418.0.html
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=10381.msg126350#msg126350 date=1294215064]
    I wonder if this has anything to do with my pathetic post on the topic about divorce... I now believe it is something difficult to bear. I fear by posting this a whole lot of diabolical wars come about and I seem wicked.

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,9418.0.html

My dear Brother in Christ,

Your post and the conversation that ensued is healthy because it means exploration and a diligent and careful search and understanding of God's Truth in all things.  I appreciate the things I have read on that conversation, however the issues and problems unfortunately run far deeper and are more poisonous than discussed there.  You are not wicked, and do not allow the Evil One to trap you and lie to you about that: you are precious in the sight of the Lord, and He will always and eternally do everything He can for you because He sees you as a precious treasure and loves you.  I beg of you one thing: that you consider the words of St. Paul regarding celibacy and marriage and struggle with them for a great long time before you decide to get married (or even if you choose to be a monk).  Both are equally honourable to the Lord, and both are necessary.  However, what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander. 
  • Thankyou. I searched what that last phrase meant online. Whats good for one person is not good for another.
  • may God give you grace and deep fellowship with Him.
    Jesus Himself suffered similarly as people cut themselves off from God when He said 'i have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers chicks under her wings' (matthew 23:37).
    may He give you wisdom on how to proceed, as God gave wisdom to hosea.
  • My Brothers and Sisters,

My wife came back to me at the beginning of February, and we've since been seeing individual counsellors as well as a marriage counsellor.  We thank you all for keeping us in your prayers, and may God have mercy on us and grant us the petitions of our hearts that are unto the salvation of our souls and life eternal.  +

Forgive me.
  • Hi Joseph,

This is not good news. What happened?

I think its good you both saw councellors.

I'm pretty sure that because marriage is holy, and is something great, the devil attacks you more because of it.

Good luck
  • Thank you, Zoxsasi. 

No, what happened is not good at all, but things are changing, and God in His Abundant Faithfulness has been the pillar that keeps our marriage grounded and keeps me in line.  Please, though, pray for me in my pride.  I have such pride that much be broken for Hope (my wife) and I to continue to heal in our marriage. 

Please pray for my wife, Hope, though.  She is also a convert and is experiencing quite a distance from God and it's really hard on her.  One of the things that was so beautiful about her was her unwaivering and abundant love for the Lord, and she says that it's run dry and that she oftentimes doesn't care anymore, but I know she does care because not caring wouldn't bother her otherwise.  She is trying, but I am afraid that my pride and arrogance may get in her way. 

Thank you all again for your prayers and support.  You all mean a lot to me and will be in my prayers. 
  • we love u 2  :)
  • Agreed!