Car

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Hey guys, please pray for me, I am currently shopping for a car and its sooooo frustrating!!

Comments

• May God be with you and may He help you choose the right car for you. Amen.

*cough*ferarri*cough* lol
  • I'm in the same boat as you Aikoti.
  • Don't buy used unless it is of absolute financial necessity.
    If you use the same amount towards a new car (which may not be as flashy) you will have a warranty and a car that you can rely on rather than being stranded in the middle of the night.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10666.msg130186#msg130186 date=1297216578]
    this is lame, your the same age as me and your getting a car!
    my parents said they'll buy me a car if i get into an ivy league school.

but yea, ill pray for you, whatever  >:(

:D

Antonious, can you please pray for me, I am Joseph, please pray for me, I really am in need of your prayers. I will pray for you, and for the car too.
  • I won't pray for you to get a car, but I will pray that whatever car you get, that God will keep you safe and keep you in safe journeys.
  • count me in to, am also looking for a car
  • 'don't buy a used car'?  :o
    i first bought a car > 10 years ago, but have never afforded a new one!
    r u guys crazily rich or something?!
    cars lose 1/4 their value in the first 2-3 years, they are not good value for money.

ask God to be sure u really need a car, maybe it's best to use public transport so you get to know other people you wouldn't already meet and show them God's love. if u r too shy to talk to people, u can do things like reading the Bible on the train, or praying from the agpeya.
  • The issue is with the same money that you would use for a used car, get a new car that is not as glitsy.

When I was going to college, my father told me, we have $7100 for a car for you.  You can either get a new or used car.  The new car will have a warranty and get you through the days of school, and when you graduate you can buy whatever you want.  The alternative would be to get a used car and deal with the problems and misery that are being passed to you.

I went with the practical new car instead of the used Ford Mustang convertible.
  • Hey, can you give me a ride?  :P
    Cyril
  • I just got a car so please pray for God to keep me safe in it and safe from other's envy.

PK
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10666.msg130286#msg130286 date=1297289285]
    The issue is with the same money that you would use for a used car, get a new car that is not as glitsy.

When I was going to college, my father told me, we have $7100 for a car for you.  You can either get a new or used car.  The new car will have a warranty and get you through the days of school, and when you graduate you can buy whatever you want.  The alternative would be to get a used car and deal with the problems and misery that are being passed to you.

I went with the practical new car instead of the used Ford Mustang convertible.

What new car were you able to get for that amount?
  • It was a basic Korean Car--Kia.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10666.msg130423#msg130423 date=1297386891]
    It was a basic Korean Car--Kia.

Uhh I have no idea where you live, but if you could get a new car for $7100 there, please let me know and I'll make the trip... because you sure can't get a new car for that price around here  :P

Pray for me,

Chris
  • Aikoti,

You have to usher the Middle Eastern spirit of bargaining within you, call a lot of dealerships.  Do not go there.  They try to wear you down.  It can be done!  It has been done!

To quote Yule Brenner from "Ten Commandments":  "So shall it be written, so will it be done".
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10666.msg130755#msg130755 date=1297856977]
    To quote Yule Brenner from "Ten Commandments":  "So shall it be written, so will it be done".

Love that quote.
  • Thank you all for your prayers, they really helped!!

ILSM, I still have no idea how to get a brand new car under $9000, let alone $6000 (my budget).

I ended up with a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. It's fantastic. And so was the price :D.

Thank you all SO much!!
  • i think the best cars are used cars!

Is there no such thing as insurance you people?? the same kind of accidents can happen with a new or used car... so going for used is much better for a first car.

As mabsoota mentioned... if the value of a new car goes 1/4 down in the first few years then you can buy a car thats fairly new but not brand new!

Apparently cars are so much cheaper in the US than here in Australia... so I don't think there's much of a problem lol.. my car for example is sold pretty expensive for an old/used car... Honda Civic hatch 1999.... best car ever tho... it's pretty tough and never gave me any problems ever!

there's so much things to consider... usually people like to buy a Ford coz there's so much spare parts and they're cheap too...
    so think about it.

Cheers
  • YES, I think you are righe!!!