important really wanna know

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Wat do u guys think bout the green horse that was in egypt that flew

Comments

• A reflection on the glass.

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

Skepticism with things like this is very healthy.

God bless
  • i have actually thought that to.....i was just to lazy to slow the video and really look at. even if it was, what's the big deal. death is coming?!....and?
  • It's very simple to see that its merely a reflection since the image moves with the camera...
  • what do u mean moves with the camera and reflection... like you saying its edited in or sumthing
    cya...
  • [quote author=I belong to Jesus link=topic=10776.msg131202#msg131202 date=1298195458]
    what do u mean moves with the camera and reflection... like you saying its edited in or sumthing
    cya...

Not even. The person filming is behind a window - the green 'horse' is a reflection of one of the fires in the top right on the glass of the window - click the link above and it'll give you a detailed debunking.
  • I don't understand where is the faith, how do u explain wen the horse flew up in chap john the revelation spoke bout the green horse,  it looks like st George riding the horse  that's wat I  thought and truly believe cya
  • [quote author=Mary E link=topic=10776.msg131208#msg131208 date=1298199722]
    I don't understand where is the faith, how do u explain wen the horse flew up in chap john the revelation spoke bout the green horse,  it looks like st George riding the horse  that's wat I  thought and truly believe cya

The horse moves up at the same time as the camera doesn't it? And if you look at the bottom of the horse where its 'legs' should be, you can actually see the flames flickering!

Btw I thought should make the point that things like this do not deserve our faith! We should have faith in God's righteousness and goodness and as such, we should trust unflinchingly in Him, but I don't think we should have faith in apparitions or miracles like this unless they can be investigated properly - the Church sends out investigators to do this very job. There are many examples of things that people have pointed to as miracles which have turned out to be nothing but natural phenomena. Supernatural intervention from God on this scale is a very rare occurrence (e.g. Zeitoun), and it should be tested thoroughly before we believe it.

Again I refer to the verse above: Test the spirits

Pray for me
  • Believing anything and everything that appears on youtube is not faith and is very harmful. We must not be credulous and should be careful not to expose the Church to criticism because we accept things enthusiastically that are not true.
  • I second Father Peter.

Besides, we have plenty of credible miracles in the Coptic Church.  We are not in want of miracles to run after every random phenomenon and make anything out of it.
  • Dear Mary E., I can imagine you want to believe in this green horse, cause it all fits with the book of Revelation. I also would not like to call this resemblance just a coincidence.
    However I agree with father Peter and epshois_nai_nan,  believing everything without any investigations is not a sign of faith, and can even be harmful to church.
  • Actually, however first i was surprised about this too, but i want to say this: if there really was a green horse there, don't u also think the people who were there near the horse would react on it and would be running away or at least they would react shocking, don't u think??? But in this video they don't, if u focus, u can see some people just walking relax, like there is nothing going on. I don't have any experience with camera's or reflections, but I don't think i believe it..
    :-\

[quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=10776.msg131187#msg131187 date=1298171971]

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

yeah, this verse is good.
  • Its a doctored video created and spread by protestant whack jobs trying to "prove" something. If its not Orthodox it should be avoided, unless of course your in your youth meetings, then its ok to be heretical apparently.
  • if we dare and said it is miracle
    we must know that miracle is for non-faithful people
  • Before we start judgin maybe we should wait until, they confirm, about it, no one is correct at the moment.\
    Cya
  • [quote author=Mary E link=topic=10776.msg131337#msg131337 date=1298347246]
    Before we start judgin maybe we should wait until, they confirm, about it, no one is correct at the moment.\
    Cya

it IS NOT A MIRACLE.......what is miraculous about this?! tell me about one similar case that happen before and we have heard and confirmed it through the Church Synod?
  • Anyone who looks at it can confirm with his own eyes IT IS NOT A MIRACLE.

Do not be deceived or deceive yourself.
  • Only God knows.

No?
  • No.

It is very clearly indeed NOT a horse as has been explained by many people here.

People getting carried away by what they want to see is deception.
  • I don't believe in that stuff.

Sorry, though.