i get nervious really easily! pfm

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Good luck and God be with you! I'm sure you'll be fine - what often helps me is treating it more like a conversation than a speech.

My prayers are with you, pray for me also.

• If you are sure of what you are saying, you will not be nervous.

If there is the slightest disconnect with your words, you will be nervous.
    Being prepared makes you confident.

Be sure.  Make the sign of the Cross, and you will be fine.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10672.msg130110#msg130110 date=1297200197]
    i have a speech i have to make to about 400 students, if not more, TOMORROW.
    its for a position i want in one of the clubs in my school.
    i get nervious very easily, even in a class of about 25.
    pray that i do well, not throw up, and win the "election". it looks really good for college.

keep Antonious Dimyan in your prayers.

May God be with you.
  • Speaking with conviction is really important, as ilovesaintmark pointed. It helps persuade your audience effectively.

Anything you say or feel will set the mood in the room.

Make it a little funny, but also show that you are serious and determined. Your body language will speak on it's own- remember to maintain eye contact and only read when you have to.

Have a few people read over and edit your script. Get several opinions.

Most importantly: practice, practice, practice!  Practice as you are brushing your teeth, as you are putting on your clothes, riding the bus to school, eating lunch, walking home, during study breaks..etc

Be natural. Let if flow. Have fun!
  • How was it?
    I know it is late but I would move my head from right to left and vice versa,
    so the people get the illusion that I am looking at them.
    I seriously do it all the time. It is fun. lol.
    GB, PFM,
    Cyril
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10672.msg130730#msg130730 date=1297817279]
    it was a tie, so we both get the position -___- lame.

You know what, you stinck. ou know the problem with you is that...
    you didn't listen to our advice. It is because... Just kidding  ;) ;D
    You did great. I can imagine. Mainly because you listened to our advice. LOL :P :D
    That is just what position you where meant to be in. (God's will)
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10672.msg130121#msg130121 date=1297202479]
    If you are sure of what you are saying, you will not be nervous.

Be sure.  Make the sign of the Cross, and you will be fine.

can anyone explain why making the sign of the cross helps us be less nervous when giving a talk?
    i just cannot get it without help...
  • I always wondered about the cross.
    I wasn't really tought about it. I was just told to do it.
    Why do we do the cross when :
    We pray
    We say the kirie eleyson 41times
    We are scared
    We are happy
    We are... any emotion.
    I know it has a power but why when you are praying. Isn't praying power enough?
    If you don't understand what I am saying, please tell me so I can re formulate my question.
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • Hey Demyana,
    What helps me is to look at the back, and the teachers around, as it feels more better, and like you are one on one, God Bless
  • cyril, we worship God with our bodies, mind and spirit, not just our mind.
    so when we make the sign of the cross, we say in our mind 'in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, one God, amen', and our body joins in. so our thoughts and our body are acting together and our actions worship God. this means we can't make the sign of the cross and then hit someone with the same hand or do something immoral. it also means that people can see us making the sign of the cross, so we show we are not ashamed of our faith. in making the sign and praying, we are saying to God 'i want all of my life to bring you glory, please protect and help me to do this'.

it is not good to show off though, so i would recommend making the sign of the cross with a small cross at the back of the room before going up to speak, not going onto the stage and then doing a big cross in front of everyone like you are a priest!

also if someone sees you making the sign of the cross and then later swearing at your classmates and being rude, that they will think badly about your faith. so it is important that what we 'believe' in church and what we believe/ how we behave outside of church are the same.

so if our bodies, mind and spirit agree together, then not only does it stop us going mad, but it helps us to be honest in our everyday life about whether we are Christians or not.