Mubarak Resigns!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Congratulations to everyone on Mubarak's resignation!!

Please be heavy on prayer now that Egypt is vulnerable for anyone to rise to power. Our God is mighty and in control!

Comments

• He who let all of this happen for the blood of the Christians that was shed over more than 30 years won't let something bad to happen to Egypt now. But yes we have to be stronger in faith, and heavier in prayers...
    Oujai
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=10691.msg130463#msg130463 date=1297442222]

Please be heavy on prayer now that Egypt is vulnerable for anyone to rise to power. Our God is mighty and in control!

Think of the consequence of Egypt now. He resigned from being president, next Egypt will be destroyed. EGYPT WILL NO LONGER EXIST !!!
  • yalla, calm down, it's in God's hands.
    may He have mercy on us.
    i also pray that the monk i know can get back home, i pray God uses him to calm people as he is still delayed in his return.
  • [quote author=geomike15000 link=topic=10691.msg130478#msg130478 date=1297457664]
    [quote author=Tishori link=topic=10691.msg130463#msg130463 date=1297442222]

Think of the consequence of Egypt now. He resigned from being president, next Egypt will be destroyed. EGYPT WILL NO LONGER EXIST !!!

i wouldn't goooo that far an say this. i was with keeping him for the rest of the 6 month. but, who knows what will happen tomorrow. may God help us all (as the vice-president said when he announced this)
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10691.msg130472#msg130472 date=1297455534]
    He who let all of this happen for the blood of the Christians that was shed over more than 30 years won't let something bad to happen to Egypt now. But yes we have to be stronger in faith, and heavier in prayers...
    Oujai

• [quote author=geomike15000 link=topic=10691.msg130478#msg130478 date=1297457664]
    [quote author=Tishori link=topic=10691.msg130463#msg130463 date=1297442222]

you may be right geomike, and if people don't like it... tough... nobody can blame you for predicting it!!..
  • DEAr geomike15000,
    MY faith is not that strong but I'm hoping and praying that God continue what He started, so I ask you to pray with me, for me, and for Egypt as well. PRayer changed the geography of the land of Egypt, and therefore it can change mere governments. God bless us all and have mercy on us
    Oujai
  • my friend the monk is back, and our friends back in egypt are worried about the situation there. we are praying that the new leadership will not be worse than the last.
    may God give us peace and may we use this situation to show our trust in God and our love for those who are different to us.
    oujai khen epchois
    (walk in the Lord)
  • We need to pray a lot for Egypt especially now because yes, Mubarak resigned, but who knows who will replace him, it could be somebody even worse.
  • Amen. TITL.

BTW geomike hope your knee is getting better.
    But what's the difference btn geomike and geomike15000??

GBU
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=10691.msg130571#msg130571 date=1297530603]
    We need to pray a lot for Egypt especially now because yes, Mubarak resigned, but who knows who will replace him, it could be somebody even worse.

Muhammad Hussein Tantawi is the Chief of Staff of The Supreme Council of The Armed Forces, he's the acting president, and would be a perfect president.
  • @ mabsoota,
    Oujai khan ebshois means: be well in the Lord... not walk. I never heard that expression before...
    Oujai
  • really? about 5 people were telling me about it! but we were in a noisy cafe so maybe i didn't hear them right! sorry! i'm sure your version is better, you seem to know 1 or 2 coptic words...  ;)
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10691.msg130574#msg130574 date=1297532307]
    Amen. TITL.

BTW geomike hope your knee is getting better.
    But what's the difference btn geomike and geomike15000??

GBU

Thanks so much for remembering John it's doing better thank God.

Idk who geomike1500 is, some random person who liked my name i guess lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10691.msg130574#msg130574 date=1297532307]
    Amen. TITL.

I scrolled up and down the first page 3200 times only to realize that you were never referring to me, but the acronym TITL.

And I thought Geomike said "Geomike1500" was his brother?
  • TITL, thought you liked acronyms.. I mean you're using one alright..

geomike, it occurred to me may be it was a backup, like the 'save your code often' principle..
    Hey, it's good to know you're getting better.

GBU
  • OK FINE, I ADMIT he is my brother, lol. He is just so weird, lol.

John are you a programmer?
  • Cool question geomike my friend. I made programs using Visual Basic years ago.

Now, besides nowadays being a jobless GP doctor, I do work as a pro graphics designer too, currently I make most multimedia apps (when I have such work, advertising or e-catalogs etc.) for CD or DVD using RAD applications from A to Z (RAD apps require a minimum of coding, usually sparing valuable production time) so I make extensive use of my pro graphics and digital sound skills. I also do medical transcription and translation to and from English, French and Arabic (ideas for overseas job).

RAD = Rapid Application Development

Please don't smile (this a serious call for help), if someone can help me find a well paid interesting job in Egypt I am available and willing to do that (areas related to any of the above), just please PM me because I'm actively looking for a job, especially more evident after these events: we've lost most of our money.

GBU
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10691.msg130633#msg130633 date=1297642413]
    [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10691.msg130574#msg130574 date=1297532307]
    Amen. TITL.

I scrolled up and down the first page 3200 times only to realize that you were never referring to me, but the acronym TITL.

You know I've spent this WHOLE time unsure what 'TITL' meant ... I was going to ask what it stands for but I'm going to guess that it's 'Trust In The Lord?' Am I right?
  • You guessed it right epchois_nai_nan  :D
    I like this acronym, thought I'd use it.

You're not alone I went through the same process on 1st posts by TITL.

GBU
  • dearest to Christ, john s2000, may God give you all you need and more.
    if i ever end up working in egypt, i will give u a call.
    may God bless you very much.
  • I didn't know you live in Egypt!!!

Does the country feel any different now that Mobarak is gone?

I just googled what GP doctor is. You're driving me nuts with these acronyms :P

I emailed all my cousins in Egypt and asked if they knew of any job openings. I hope you live in Cairo.. or are able to travel there.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10691.msg130495#msg130495 date=1297465148]
    DEAr geomike15000,
    MY faith is not that strong but I'm hoping and praying that God continue what He started, so I ask you to pray with me, for me, and for Egypt as well. PRayer changed the geography of the land of Egypt, and therefore it can change mere governments. God bless us all and have mercy on us
    Oujai

I will pray with you for your strength in the faith and for Egypt.
  • Thank you mabsoota and TITL for your kind words and your care.
    God bless you both.

TITL I live in Heliopolis, it's a suburb at NE Cairo.
    I think it would be more comfortable to exchange details via PM or email.

I didn't mention above that also as a graphics designer I've designed and produced Flash ads, presentations, promotional items and mag ads, catalogs, brochures, covers, boxes, logos, big banners - in short many types of printed matter (mono, CMYK + Pantone, up to 10 colors for a textile design).

Please also pray for the Church and for the people of Egypt.

GBU

PS: sorry I've been replying off topic here for a while