BETRAYING GOD

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Anyone ever feel like they betrayed God before?  :-[
How does one stop doing this?  :'(

Comments

• I think we do this all the time. When we act non christian around non christian friends that could count like betraying God...

I think to stop you have to let "your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven."
  • coptic boy777,

That's not what I was talking about.  I meant betraying God as in I know the power of prayer because I have experienced it and I know that God exists and when I fall in trouble and He will come to my aid, yet I get impatient and upset and I speak otherwise.  Yet, in my heart I know that what I speak is false.  I feel guilty, like I'm betraying God.
  • [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=10570.msg128710#msg128710 date=1296231212]
    coptic boy777,

That's not what I was talking about.  I meant betraying God as in I know the power of prayer because I have experienced it and I know that God exists and when I fall in trouble and He will come to my aid, yet I get impatient and upset and I speak otherwise.  Yet, in my heart I know that what I speak is false.  I feel guilty, like I'm betraying God.

Hello, my first post 'cos I felt I just had to respond to this.

Yes, I feel like I'm betraying God... just like how you described.

I am not a member of the Coptic Church but have been led to it over the last few months especially the last week or two when I've read a little more. I am very interested as of now, of the Church of the East.

I am more drawn to the story of Jonah which I feel is an example of 'betrayal' since Jonah too ignores God's calling and walks the other direction. I s'pose now as I briefly reflect on Jonah... we see the character of God in some way that may address how we feel... towards our betrayal. i.e. guilt, etc. God is more patient maybe... At the end of Jonah, we never hear Jonah's response/answer...

Anyway, since I'm new and have a new found love for Jonah... I really do -he's my hero - I've had so many encounters over the last few months where Jonah and his message has popped up that it's hard to ignore... so it's no great surprise that I should learn that there's such a thing as Jonah's Fast from Feb 14-16,2011. It's so cool. I'd like to take part but since having never fasted before, am worried and think maybe I should take it slow.