29th of the month feast except which months?

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Which months do we not celebrate the 29th of the month?  the 29th of Touba is this Sunday. Are we celebrating it?

Comments

• I think it is celebrated every month but Nasie or the Little Month because it is only 6 days. I am not so sure though.
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • I don't think it is celebrated in tubah or baramouda(i might be mixing this up with bashans) but its around this time that its not celebrated. I will have to refer to my khedmit el shamas to be sure
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=10630.msg129560#msg129560 date=1296767686]
    I don't think it is celebrated in tubah or baramouda(i might be mixing this up with bashans) but its around this time that its not celebrated. I will have to refer to my khedmit el shamas to be sure

That is what I wasn't sure about
  • from Kiahk to the time of the Resurrection we don't celebrate this feast (maybe till the end of the holy fifties to....but i am not sure of that).

WHY? because beginning from Kiahk, we don't celebrate the Resurrection. that's why we stop saying "for You have risen" after the last sunday of hatoor.
  • when do we start using "for You have risen" again?
  • [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=10630.msg129574#msg129574 date=1296770879]
    when do we start using "for You have risen" again?

Resurrection Eve and everyday after that till Pentecost. After that, only on sunday, till the last sunday of Hatoor and the cycle again.
  • but this says that we don't celebrate it only during lent: http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/1406
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=10630.msg129579#msg129579 date=1296772378]
    really?? I thought we just don't celebrate it during two months (i think amshir and baramhat)?

welll....yes. which i think what fits the great lent.
    so i think i missed Tobah.....which i think we do celebrate.
  • So, do we celebrate this feast or not this Sunday?
  • i just got confirmation to what's rit.

No celebration of this feast from Kiahk to the Resurrection. More specifically Tobah and Amshir. on the Baramhat though, there is the official feast of Annunciation (without the other 2 feasts). we don't celebrate it if it comes in Holy Week.