" Our Father "
Thanksgiving
Psalm 50
i mean the whole Agypia
thanks
hope to hear from you guys

Comments

• umm put it in hymn descusiion..u would get more replies there :o
  • try to find it on CD from your Church library and then you can load it on the mp3 via the computer. its easy if you need steps you can email me.

Kristina
  • Their is a website for the Agpeya online - http://www.agpeya.org
  • first of all it doesn't have all the psalms for each prayer
    also it doesn't have the intro of each prayer
    such as " Our Father"
    - Thanksgiving
    - Psalm 50
  • BTW, the agpeya recording by St. Mark, Washington, D.C is recorded in what version?
    The words are different than my agpeya and my agpeya app.
    Does anyone know which agpeya his the same text?
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=3978.msg127629#msg127629 date=1295559185]
    BTW, the agpeya recording by St. Mark, Washington, D.C is recorded in what agpeya version?
    The words are different than my agpeya and my agpeya app is different aswell.
    Does anyone know which agpeya has the same text?
  • hey Cyril97,

They use the apeya done by a church in queens, NY. The online version is here: http://www.orthodoxebooks.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/Agpeya%20-%20Saint%20Mary.pdf

It uses the NIV bible translation. I personally don't like that version too much. I think that it'd be better to use the Septuagint translation of the Psalms and the NKJV for the gospels in agpeyas.

Please pray for me
  • Thank you.
    I don't like it too much either.
    I just wanted to know because I have a recording and it is easier to follow with the original
    text from the recording than to follow with my Agpeya.
    I have the Agpeya done by St. Mary and St. Athanasius, Mississauga. Do you have or know where I
    can get a recording?
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=3978.msg128892#msg128892 date=1296396032]
    Thank you.
    I don't like it too much either.
    I just wanted to know because I have a recording and it is easier to follow with the original
    text from the recording than to follow with my Agpeya.
    I have the Agpeya done by St. Mary and St. Athanasius, Mississauga. Do you have or know where I
    can get a recording?
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • I know this is late but...I just got my copy of the CD made by the deacons at St. Mark's in Washington D.C. and it's fantastic.  It has all the hours of the Agpeya with everything from the introduction to every hour, every single psalm, Gospel, litanies, everything is recorded!  All on one CD in mp3 format.  It's not the translation I prefer but it's better than nothing! ;D
  • What translation is it?
    The one I use and like is the one form St. Mary & St. Athanasius, Mississauga
    Here: http://copticheritage.org/parameters/copticheritage/agpeya/Super_Agpeya.pdf
    GB, PFM,
    Cyril
  • It's the NIV translation...the one in the link posted earlier by anba bola.  I actually thinks the NIV translation makes much more sense grammatically than any other translation I have used, but as to which is the most correct translation, I don't know.
  • [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=3978.msg131701#msg131701 date=1298834780]
    It's the NIV translation...the one in the link posted earlier by anba bola.  I actually thinks the NIV translation makes much more sense grammatically than any other translation I have used, but as to which is the most correct translation, I don't know.

The NKJV is the most widely available translation that is approved by the Pope. The Orthodox Study Bible may perhaps be more accurate, but it's nowhere near as widespread as the NKJV.
  • Yeah...too bad I haven't found any audio recordings for the psalms for all the hours in English other than in the NIV translation, which is what St. Mark's in DC recorded.