Help! 2day and 2morrow fasting?

Hi all,

hehe,hope the title didnt give u a bad impression, it's not that i dont wanna fast XD
but i, and many others got a text message that we will fasting today and tomorrow (friday is always fasting anyway),
but I called my priest to ask him if it's a decision from church and he said he didn't know about it, however he also got a message. He didn't told me clear if we must fast or not, (i only heard him say, i guess: " sibha" (let it go)). But
what I think and my dad also told me, that we shouldn't do anything, whether it's good or not, if it's not led by the church. It's like: we do whatever we want, with or without abouna.
Dunno, don't say that fasting is bad, no, it's good. So i put it on facebook and I get contrary reactions.

What do u think?

(some people say that anba angelos came with it)

gb

Comments

• hey marmar. it depends on where you are. If you are in the US, then your bishops have called a three day fast. If you're in Canada, we're doing fasts on a church by church basis, since we don't have a bishop. If you heard about a fast, its likely that a nearby church is doing it, and not your church. You can still join though.
  • I agree with your dad, we always seek the council of our church and Father of Confession. Even if your local church will not be fasting and you want to join others, i'd suggest you still seek the permission of your priest and explain to him the situation. Don't listen to anyone who tells you not to obey your church / Father of confession.

• [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=10627.msg129516#msg129516 date=1296734585]
    I agree with your dad, we always seek the council of our church and Father of Confession. Even if your local church will not be fasting and you want to join others, i'd suggest you still seek the permission of your priest and explain to him the situation. Don't listen to anyone who tells you not to obey your church / Father of confession.

Okay matt, I didn't attend it. However it still confuses me, there are still people here who attended it.