please remember me in ur prayers

edited February 2011 in Youth Corner
please remember me in ur prayers 

Comments

• pray, discuss it with a wise older person (eg. parent, FOC), pray. hang out with her and other people in a group to become friends, pray. get to know her family, and pray.
    may God guide you  :)
  • I dont really understand what dating is.
  • JAHI, I think if you went around asking 10 teenagers that question you may very well receive 10 different answers.
  • in short, no, not yet. which is a good thing. you need to hang out with other people in a group and get to know each other, then get to know each other's families (or best friends if your families are distant or don't attend church etc.)
    then talk about your feelings for each other, and if you are both ready for marriage, talk to your priests/ families about getting engaged.
    no need to spend long evenings on your own together by candlelight. this may lead to sex, but not necessarily to marriage. marriage should come first.
  • like teenagers not ready 4 marriage
  • GodLovesMe.91, If you were born in 91, give it some time. There is no need to rush things. Stay close friends, but wait for God's will to become revealed when the time is right.
  • I found the following for you:

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/sermons/real-dating-part-1

It's an amazing sermon by Fr. Antony Messeh, which speaks of the real meaning of dating, what we should be looking for and how to know if we're ready. In all honesty, it's not about the age... it's the mentality and your ability to merge two lives. Everything Abouna says is 100% accurate and I can say that from experience. Hopefully, this sermon clears things up for you a bit. It's part of a series of lectures so you can listen to those as well.
  • not enough details to comment.
    if you only talk on the phone, it's not dating.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=10427.msg129549#msg129549 date=1296764951]
    in short, no, not yet. which is a good thing. you need to hang out with other people in a group and get to know each other, then get to know each other's families (or best friends if your families are distant or don't attend church etc.)
    then talk about your feelings for each other, and if you are both ready for marriage, talk to your priests/ families about getting engaged.
    no need to spend long evenings on your own together by candlelight. this may lead to sex, but not necessarily to marriage. marriage should come first.

Agreed, thank you, most informative post of this thread.
  • [quote author=GoDLovesME.91 link=topic=10427.msg126723#msg126723 date=1294618716]
    What do you know about Love?
    I have this situation, I really love this girl at my church. She is a year younger than me. I don't know what she feels about me, but she is really nice to me and some other issues. So far I didn't tell her anything? Oh, by the way I have never felt this way, I used to avoid any feelings, but these, I can't. What should i do?

Please remember me in your prayers.  

First thing you should do is improve your grammar, spelling and general use of the English language, both written and oral. When you're done, you pray, and ask people to pray for you, it works. Then you do as everyone above me said, but first improve your grammar.

Really, talk to her, tell her, but don't go and storm her, she may not want to hear it right now, see how she acts, make sure she's the right one, and confirm your love by testing yourself, and fast and pray, and also talk to experienced people and your father of confession.

I corrected your original post above, please pray for me as I am having a very similar issue, I will pray for you.
  • u know, i think good grammar is optional.
    ;)
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=10427.msg130349#msg130349 date=1297336089]
    u know, i think good grammar is optional.
    ;)

I'm writing a novel, and taking an English course, and I die a little inside when I see bad grammar, you made my life 2 years shorter :P.
  • remember to send us a link to pages from your novel! if it's good we'll buy it  ;)
  • yay, Khas, you let Me an every body all now wen yuo hav finisshed the boke an we and all can reed it.
  • i whant two reed itt to?
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10427.msg130377#msg130377 date=1297358189]
    yay, Khas, you let Me an every body all now wen yuo hav finisshed the boke an we and all can reed it.

Father Peter, you just removed a dozen years from me, I'm so heart broken now, It took me a good few minutes to read that sentence. But I will do Fr! Free Links and previews to the Tasbeha community! :D

EDIT: It's a book about the right way Love should go, it's fiction and it's a story.