Result of Egyptian Protest

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Armies all over Egypt streets. Curfew at 6 PM. No internet or phone lines available for any citizens. 1000's in prison. 100's wounded with no medical treatment. Lovely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12311007

Comments

• What exactly were you expecting? Mubarak to leave peacefully and say, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize people hated me this much." People in power do not leave easily.

Edit: An article from the WSJ: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703956604576109323492986438.html?mod=
  • There is no internet or phone lines, but cnn has reported that there are some numbers that egypt can use to dial on the phones also there is a internet dialup connection set up just for them from France i think.
  • Says on bbc: "Internet and phone services - both mobile and landline - have been severely disrupted, although protesters are using proxies to work around the restrictions."

You know Egyptians-- always finding the loophole around things ;)
  • Unconfirmed reports that Mubarak fled in a private jet to Saudi Arabia. TWo or three days ago his son gamal and wife Suzan fled to London with luggage of over 97 bags...
    OUjai
  • 97 BAGS!!! How long were they planning to stay in London?? 435324 years!?
  • Wow...I know it's not really what we should be focusing on, but...imagine the checked baggage fees!  :o
  • Reports all but rumours... Mubarak announced he's staying as president, and will disband the government and form a new one. Trust me this is not a joke... hehe
    Oujai
  • Starting tomorrow, apparently.

• May I please know why this is happening? What started all of this?
  • Muslim Brotherhood wants Egypt.

The Rich want to get richer.
    The poor want to be like the rich.

The only problem is, everything is being manipulated by the Muslim Brotherhood for their ultimate takeover.
  • Nothing will change unless Mubarak is removed in totality.  I think he is full of it and just because he is dissolving the government you don't think he will replace them with more of his political puppets?

The protests will need to continue in order for true change to come.  The Army is the catalyst in all this; if the Egyptian people can convince the Army to join them then the house of Mubarak will fall.  Interestingly enough the people are trying to win of the Army (cf. http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/news/protesters-warmly-welcome-four-armed-military-vehicles-downtown-cairo)
  • A bunch of people decided to get together to speak out about freedom on the first day of the protest... by the second day, the muslim brotherhood began to take advantage of the protests and these protests began to become violent and chaotic. Im glad Mubarak is still in power because if the muslim brotherhood is in power then it will mean very bad news for Copts.

Thank God for His protection!
  • Muslim Brotherhood = Satan in charge
    Mubarak = Son of Satan in charge

• I agree with Abu Maqawama; nothing will change. This isn't the first time Mobarak replaced the government. It's not the government's fault.
  • the year (2011) divided by the day (25) it started plus the month (1) equals the approximate year mubarak was appointed 81.44(math year) 81.516 (actual year)
    thus, this is the end of mubarak

next, i will calculate the end of the world
  • looooool good one, jfarag92  :D
  • [quote author=jfarag92 link=topic=10572.msg128768#msg128768 date=1296257863]
    the year (2011) divided by the day (25) it started plus the month (1) equals the approximate year mubarak was appointed 81.44(math year) 81.516 (actual year)
    thus, this is the end of mubarak

next, i will calculate the end of the world

;D
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10572.msg128765#msg128765 date=1296257675]
    Muslim Brotherhood = Satan in charge
    Mubarak = Son of Satan in charge

But there's always ElBarad3i ... someone who is actually sane and cares about little things like human rights and democracy.
  • Except that he is under house arrest.
  • Really!? If things keep going like this, he probably won't be stuck there for long.
  • He'll never be president. If Mobarak gets shot (God willing.. I mean, God forbid..) then Gamal, his son, will take his place. Fact.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10572.msg128779#msg128779 date=1296265223]
    He'll never be president. If Mobarak gets shot (God willing.. I mean, God forbid..) then Gamal, his son, will take his place. Fact.

The people don't want him though.  And the coward left to London already...if he comes back and tries to take over instead of his father, he will be assassinated.
  • I thought the people DO want him? And Gamal can't take over until Mobarak dies.. God forbid.
  • TITL,
    I doubt they would want him...I mean, come on, look at what his dad did, you really think the people want another careless, self-centered individual?  Besides, it's not like the elections would be truthful either, if the minority who are controlling the country really wanted Gamal to win, he will win no matter what the people say...it's a rigged election!  And from what I have heard in the newspapers about Gamal, he seems like a complete idiot, it seems as if he would be much worse than his father.
  • We're not talking about the same person. I'm referring to the candidate that ran against Mobarak 31 years ago. I thought that's who epchoise was referring to.
  • LOL what?  That guy died a long time ago and he shares the same name as Mubarak's son...
  • Boy, am I confused!

So, who is Elbarad3i?
  • I think he is a candidate who is running against Gamal, Mubarak's son...
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10572.msg128779#msg128779 date=1296265223]
    He'll never be president. If Mobarak gets shot (God willing.. I mean, God forbid..) then Gamal, his son, will take his place. Fact.

You do realize that if mubarak leaves, the only power able to take hold of this void will be the brotherhood correct? I'm sure you know what that means...
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=10572.msg128790#msg128790 date=1296267820]
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=10572.msg128779#msg128779 date=1296265223]

You do realize that if mubarak leaves, the only power able to take hold of this void will be the brotherhood correct? I'm sure you know what that means...

The Iranian Revolution...O the horrors :'(